Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 03-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
AutoX with 22's

I know its stupid to do that with 22's but has anyone actually tried it out? I found out one of my rear tires from my stock back up set has a chunk gone. I think it was like that before i even put them away.

So enough of the given, what dangers or risk are involved? It will only be for 1 or 2 runs max. I just want to get a taste so thats why im contemplating to get 2 new rears or just try it out with these 22's?

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
your biggest issue may be the sidewalls. Not alot of meat there on 22's and should you get too deep into understeer, you could possibly pop the bead on the tire. Then it's a 22" rim hitting the pavement. Don't know if I'd try. Oh, and would this be a SCCA event? If so, and you run in F Street you may get bumped out due to the 2" diameter over stock. 1" is allowed either up or down from stock wheel size.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I wouldn't. Like jksynergy said, your sidewall's probably quite minimal with rims of that diameter. Taking a turn too hard will probably result in a nice rim+pavement combo, and I can't imagine anyone wanting that with (what i'm assuming to be) that expensive of a wheel.
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Ok thanks for the info guys ill just go ahead and buy a used tire with same tire thread left as other. Should be fun for my first time autocrossing.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote