Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #99
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
it will be interesting to see if my 2ss comes with them. it was ordered on 8-14 and has a tpw of 9-14. If I read correctly all ORDERS placed AFTER 8-31 will have them??? Or is that ALL cars BUILT after 8-31 will have them????
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #100
TomSlick

Drives: 2014 RED HTO 2LT/RS
Hey look at it this way.
The back up sensors detract from the lack of design put into the square "get-my-saber-saw-out" holes they used for the back up lights!
TomSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #101
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I find it a bit ironic that this will do more to distinguish early build cars than the R6P code, which folks go on and on about

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #102
Greenspock

Drives: 2SS/RS Black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
$10,000 OVER MSRP!!! Whaaaat! That's outrageous, no that's downright criminal. I have a suggestion to anyone in that area. Fly out to Michigan, buy your Camaro for MSRP or 1%-1.5% under. Arrange to have the Camaro shipped home and fly back home. Then go on a vacation with your wife to Hawaii for 2 weeks with the $6000-$7000 that you saved.

As for the back up sensor dots...no big deal to me. In fact, I may just get my dots chromed (just kidding). But it is interesting to note all the negative comments, while no one objected to the STINKIN, BUTT UGLY dealer's decal glued on the bumper. Holy #@*$! I refused delivery on my CTS when the Caddy dealership did that.

Alfie

That sticker on the back is uglier than the 'dots' IMO.

And frankly, it's just stupid to pay that much over MSRP.
Greenspock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #103
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
I find it a bit ironic that this will do more to distinguish early build cars than the R6P code, which folks go on and on about
No, the "chicklets" will.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #104
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Forgot about the chicklets! You're right about those, as well.

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #105
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Making a big deal about nothing, again.....

I think it's great they're adding features already, especially considering the poor visibility.
I agree. I rented a SS over the Labor day weekend from Avis and I must say visibility is poor and I wouldnt want to wreck my bumper. I'm a great driver and all but when I finally get my beautiful 2010 SS, its one of those just in case deals.

Besides, I'm sure with the outcry that this has caused, GM might make it an option in all the models instead of standard. Nothings set in stone and with GM, things are always changing. Just my $0.02
Old 09-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #106
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
hey guys, we all hate bundling of options. I think that's the root cause of the uproar. Maybe we should just petition GM to allow an a la carte selection of options. So if you want leather, get leather. If you want Bluetooth, get bluetooth. If you want the USB port, get the USB port. If you want the back up sensor, get the back up sensors.

They bundle all these options up in order to rake in more profit. Profit is one thing, but I think they're bundling too much. You HAVE to get leather heated seats in the SS if you want Bluetooth. That makes little sense, except profit margin sense.

So I agree with most of you that this should be included as a stand alone option. But the only way to get it now is bundled with other options including the 2SS/2LT and C&C packages. Lets not nit pick whether or not 2SS is a different car from 1SS. They have the same performance specs and widened front fascia. They're the same car, with the same badges, just with different options.

They should just offer 1SS buyers the opportunity to purchase Leather OR bluetooth OR park assist if they want. I can understand if you want it all bundled together if you want it all and it saves you a couple bucks, but what is the gosh darn harm in offering un-bundled options?

? ..... You couldn't afford the car if the options weren't bundled.... It's like that for most products, always a better value for the consumer when it's a package deal....
Old 09-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #107
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We should be happy that GM was listening to the customers who said they wished they had back up sensors. Be careful what you wish for. Does it look great, no but it doesn't look anymore out of place than what we see on other vehicles that have the same feature.
If they would have done it right the first time it might have been hard for GM to come up with a compelling reason for customers to trade up on a later year Camaro. You just know that we will have a back up camera and HUD in the 2011 Camaro. Although I think it should be an option and not part of the 2ss or 2lt package it is what it is. Take a 67-68 Camaro for instance...great car but it really wasn't perfected until the 69 model ( i love them all equally by the way ). Perfection takes time and I just get tired of the GM bashing that goes on by some media outlets so i get a little defensive when it goes on inside of our own forum.
Beandip2811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #108
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
No, the "chicklets" will.
Both will
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #109
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
boo :( it looks ugly but I can live with it

does it just beep inside the car when you get to close to something?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #110
sspddmn

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE and 1991 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
hey guys, we all hate bundling of options. I think that's the root cause of the uproar. Maybe we should just petition GM to allow an a la carte selection of options. So if you want leather, get leather. If you want Bluetooth, get bluetooth. If you want the USB port, get the USB port. If you want the back up sensor, get the back up sensors.

They bundle all these options up in order to rake in more profit. Profit is one thing, but I think they're bundling too much. You HAVE to get leather heated seats in the SS if you want Bluetooth. That makes little sense, except profit margin sense.

So I agree with most of you that this should be included as a stand alone option. But the only way to get it now is bundled with other options including the 2SS/2LT and C&C packages. Lets not nit pick whether or not 2SS is a different car from 1SS. They have the same performance specs and widened front fascia. They're the same car, with the same badges, just with different options.

They should just offer 1SS buyers the opportunity to purchase Leather OR bluetooth OR park assist if they want. I can understand if you want it all bundled together if you want it all and it saves you a couple bucks, but what is the gosh darn harm in offering un-bundled options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
? ..... You couldn't afford the car if the options weren't bundled.... It's like that for most products, always a better value for the consumer when it's a package deal....
I totally agree with Slingshot. Also, imagine you have all these people wanting to order their camaro ala carte. That would be chaos. People would be getting wrong orders all the time and orders would take twice as long to fill.

Not to mention all the different parts that would have to be available for the car. For example, if you wanted option1 that shared the same panel with option2, then you would have to have a different panel with a option2 delete and vice versa for other people that want it the other way.

And its not like the sensors are a curse or a bad thing, its to HELP YOU avoid damaging your beautiful 2010 Camaro. So isnt that a positive thing?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #111
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Both will
I'd like to know if the car in the OP had the chicklets.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #112
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Happy mine didn't have those! Looks like they belong on a Mini Van. To each their own
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote