Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #1
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Lightbulb Decisions/Decisions

Alright after 2 years now of building my Lingenfelter Monster and its finally done im now drooling over the idea of selling it and building either a Z06 or the Z07 if it comes out. My Camaro is payed for and the only thing stock still on it is basically the frame and some body panels. Oh and the interior, but the rest has been built from ground up. Fully modified suspension from bushings, to braces and all the upgraded TA's, TR's and sways and Coilovers. Custom built RPM trans with TC, forged internals with blower and all kinds of cool trimmings to include 10/14 custom belts and twin fuel pumps and the infamous GT-9 LPE Cam. All kinds of more cool stuff and the warranty still has a lot more on it. Now im contemplating selling it after its all been finished.

Ive always wanted a badass Camaro and now that i have a 10 second/700hp car i want a Vette to build like i did the Camaro. I had a blast building this thing and i know i would the Vette also. Im not getting any younger (almost 30 ) so i might as well enjoy it now since tomorrow is never promised. Man i want a Vette so bad, but i dont want to get hurt on my car to much since it only has 8,000 miles on it and was build in Oct. of 09.

The only thing im worried about is what i would get out of my car. I have $85,000+ in receipts and the car has around 3000 miles since the LPE treatment. 3/36,000 mile warranty and its still practically new. LPE vehicles supposedly hold 70% of the package value, but you just dont see many Lingenfelter vehicles out there for sale. I know exactly why.... they build top notch quality vehicles and in my opinion they are second to none. The customer service from them deserve even more credit as they build you whatever you want and work with you every step of the way. People dont spend that type of money on good quality and then sell it. Most people i guess in this case

This post isnt about me trying to sell it right here right now, just wanted to get some opinions from my fellow C5 brother and sisters. Some of you may be in the same boat, i dont know. Just looking to see whatcha think.......
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Cool story bro.....
Old 07-26-2011, 02:31 AM   #3
shadow09
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 1LE
enjoy the Camaro!

shadow09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
DON'T SELL IT KEEP IT bring it to car shows cruise in it enjoy it!!!!!!!

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #5
se7en

I like the Camaro very much! but man i would love to have a Lingenfelter built Vette as well. Building the Camaro was more of a hobby and now its done im kinda wondering whats next
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #6
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I like the Camaro very much! but man i would love to have a Lingenfelter built Vette as well. Building the Camaro was more of a hobby and now its done im kinda wondering whats next
i understand your hobby but you soaked so much time and money into this you should enjoy it and find another project make a collection out of this if i was you i would never ever sell it the time the excitement the enjoyment take your hobby car and make it your passion car i would be sad to see you sell it and i don't even own it!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #7
se7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
i understand your hobby but you soaked so much time and money into this you should enjoy it and find another project make a collection out of this if i was you i would never ever sell it the time the excitement the enjoyment take your hobby car and make it your passion car i would be sad to see you sell it and i don't even own it!
I thought about that. I wouldnt mind finding something that i could turn into a drag car and use it for track only. That would be fun to build and constantly keep me on my toes. Maybe its the fact that i havent been around my Camaro in 6 months because ive been oversea's this whole time. I pick up the car early next week for the first time in long time.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 AM   #8
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
I thought about that. I wouldnt mind finding something that i could turn into a drag car and use it for track only. That would be fun to build and constantly keep me on my toes. Maybe its the fact that i havent been around my Camaro in 6 months because ive been oversea's this whole time. I pick up the car early next week for the first time in long time.
the more reason to keep it cause you have been without it for such a long time listen to your heart you had passion and a reason going into this build if i had done what you done and i was gone for X amount of time it would be like i left a wife and child and i will be back with them in a week

call me crazy but my car is my g/f i feel the same for her as i do anyone i love

Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

side note one reason i love this forum people get it people love there cars like i do its nice to see there is like minded people

i have been called a nut job more then once but i am who i am

this girl i met i told her flat out "its me and the car or non at all" so far she has been cool with it but has other issues to sort out if we date

don't forget your passion your main reason for building your camaro seems you lost focus in it all yeah "its just a project car" maybe but there is a reason you got a camaro and when though all this FOR 2 YEARS with out giveing up or selling it or stoping my friend and a track car? eh your presonal choise but to me it should be a DD (Daily Driver) why not it would be so awsome to see it on the open road just cruiseing and dont get me worng bring it to the track and RIP IT UP i am all for that

i may find a track around here even though my camaro is stock and i truely wont push it beyond its limits nothing special but i would LOVE to take it around going 75+ give it a good lashing be EPIC

my camaro is a DD and to me a car was built to be driven not some trailer queen or locked up in someones home not seeing the light of day but i understand why some people do it just my .02 cents

also if you bring it to a car show and people are like and you start wracking up the awards you might sing a differnt tune

Old 07-26-2011, 04:55 AM   #10
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Im not getting any younger (almost 30 )
Man you are over the hill. LOL Whatever you do sit down and think long and hard before you make a decision. Don't sell it on impulse (unless the $ amount is too good to pass up LOL ) You can always start another project.(you're talking Vette doesn't sound too shabby LOL) It sounds like you can afford to take a hit and start over. But stand back and think just down the road a little, will you look back and regret the decision to sell? Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Once you get back in it and drive it some, I think that decision will be harder to make. That feeling of excitement will return between 1st and 2nd gear.. I would bet on it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #12
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Once you get back in it and drive it some, I think that decision will be harder to make. That feeling of excitement will return between 1st and 2nd gear.. I would bet on it.
with all that power and killer good looks? duh

Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #13
se7en

haha myplan is to wait for sure until i get back, but like SSBUSDRVR said..... a Vette project would be pretty damn sweet!!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #14
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
haha myplan is to wait for sure until i get back, but like SSBUSDRVR said..... a Vette project would be pretty damn sweet!!
even though i made my option very clear i would agree but sence he GOT the camaro i dont sway in my option lol