Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
SketchyTone

Drives: Waiting on 2024 A10 ZL1 CE
Any mods that you regret?

These mods can be either cosmetic, performance, QOL, etc. Pretty much anything you have done to your car that you didn't like and/or had issues with, this could all also be a matter of opinion rather than just issues.

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies back, I don't frequently check this forum but I do few days.

Last edited by SketchyTone; 06-07-2020 at 01:43 PM.
SketchyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Yes, a wicker bill. I now have threadserts in my rear spoiler and its going to cost me $450 and a huge PIA to replace. Purchased a rear window louver that now resides in a spare bedroom.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
SketchyTone

Drives: Waiting on 2024 A10 ZL1 CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Yes, a wicker bill. I now have threadserts in my rear spoiler and its going to cost me $450 and a huge PIA to replace. Purchased a rear window louver that now resides in a spare bedroom.
I've personally never been a fan of a Wickerbill on a Camaro, however I can see the appeal to them, it's just not my thing personally. But the rear window louver I use to really want one, then I went to a convention and saw it in person. Once a again wasn't a fan of it but can still understand the appeal of it.
SketchyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Any mods you regret ? Nope. After doing all sorts of mods (both performance and appearance) on my previous 5th gens. I am happy to say I haven't done any to my 6th gen, so therefore no regrets
These 6th gens are very tech heavy, not that I couldn't handle it. Been tempted, but I've read way too many things to go wrong from lots of posts in the trouble section where somebody installed something and now they've got CEL or something's not working/running right. For me just not worth the hassle or the expense.

As for the 5th gens, yep: pretty much all of them because if you're going to get a different vehicle, then you have take all that time to remove everything and sell it to recoup some $$ back or leave it
and take the $$ hit. Either way not fun.

Last edited by nancygrl; 06-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
Vitesse throttle controller was my worst mod and a big waste of money. Seemed to work after installation but soon began to throw CELs after several months. After resetting multiple times to clear the code, it kept coming back. Finally took it off and threw it in the trash.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Nope. I have only done minor cosmetic but like them all
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #7
AD17SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Addict View Post
Vitesse throttle controller was my worst mod and a big waste of money. Seemed to work after installation but soon began to throw CELs after several months. After resetting multiple times to clear the code, it kept coming back. Finally took it off and threw it in the trash.
I agree, same thing happened to me and mine went in the trash as well.
Taylor plug wires
Mishimoto oil cooler
Elite X2 catch can
AD17SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:04 AM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Too many stripes, plastidip or many, many newfangled detailing products that were too hard to apply or Didn’t work any better than the stuff I was using before.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #9
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
so far no because I've only upgraded things using GM performance or interior products. I think I got my major mod itch out on my 4th gen.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:13 AM   #10
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD17SS1LE View Post
I agree, same thing happened to me and mine went in the trash as well.
I'm surprised to see these posts. I've had the Vitesse Throttle Controller on my 2SS since about 5K. I'm now over 53K with no issues. No CELs... ever.

Love mine and use it every day!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #11
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
That's funny i was just thinking about louvers. Can't make up my mind about them, some pics make it look good, others not. I think i'll create a poll just for fun. Wish i could see them on one in person.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #12
MATEOLT1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 10-speed
Quote:
same lol !!
MATEOLT1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:33 PM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I loved my bolton 5th gen M6 1LE. Adding just few extra HP made it more fun.
I thought, wow wouldn't 250 more HP be even more fun?

But after driving it for a while I realized that I did not enjoy the car as much with all the huffing and puffing and the spot in the power curve where in the space of 1,000 rpm it gained over 200 HP. So I started thinking about removing the turbos to get to the 1LE I so enjoyed.

That spike caused the end of the car when I let a friend (a Mustang owner, it figures) put the 1LE shiny side down on a race track due to that very power spike. He was mostly fine BTW (my first concern) but the 1LE was not.

That was a VERY expensive lesson.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #14
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Too many stripes, plastidip or many, many newfangled detailing products that were too hard to apply or Didn’t work any better than the stuff I was using before.
My only real regret wasn't what I did, but rather how I chose to do it.

I decided to plastidip my wheels in order to decide if I liked the design that was in my head enough to commit to powder coat. Long story short, I liked it and eventually got them powder coated. It took hours of kneeling and crouching while taping off the parts of the wheels I didn't want sprayed. Experienced very painful muscle sprains in both legs that lasted several days. Shoulda just went straight to powder coat.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote