Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 AM   #491
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
CHEATER?!?! Hey, YOU changed YOUR post!!!

Those things really are awesome.

And I do eventually hope to widen my fronts 2 inches and move them to the rear. That's it. My wheels will be done.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #492
roccky08

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White/Beige Interior
Phew read over 20 pages. Wasted a few hours here at work but well worth it if you ask me and not my employer

I am completely amazed by all the work that has been done to produce the SST. You deserve my full respect by your use of imagination and experience to come up with all this. It's quite a nice engineering job. I will have to find me a sugga moma to send my car to you and duplicate your build.

Ohh yeah without the Sandwish Maker and the funny tail options that you added
- Pfadt End-links - Installed
- Pfadt Strut Tower Brace - Pending
- BMR Trailing Arm - Installed
- BMR Toe Rod - Installed
Thank you Vengeance Racing for install and recommendation
Thank you Borla for the ATAK Exhaust
roccky08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #493
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
First manual envy, then custom wheel envy, now tire envy...Soon football team envy
As long as it doesn't turn into underwear envy or something worse... But then again with Bon Bon he can't go wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
CHEATER?!?! Hey, YOU changed YOUR post!!!

Those things really are awesome.

And I do eventually hope to widen my fronts 2 inches and move them to the rear. That's it. My wheels will be done.
That would look great. Your wheel are still the ones everyone here remembers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccky08 View Post
Phew read over 20 pages. Wasted a few hours here at work but well worth it if you ask me and not my employer

I am completely amazed by all the work that has been done to produce the SST. You deserve my full respect by your use of imagination and experience to come up with all this. It's quite a nice engineering job. I will have to find me a sugga moma to send my car to you and duplicate your build.

Ohh yeah without the Sandwish Maker and the funny tail options that you added
Thanks. Tell your employer - sorry. Anyway, there have been a lot of crazy ideas but I have to give huge credit to Nelson Supercars for making the dream a reality. It's not done yet, but the fuel lines and suspension will be done by Friday so it is inching closer.

Oh yes - would you like cheese on your turkey and ham ?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #494
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
I spent a great deal off time looking at the posability of a minitub for the Camaro.

I REALLY wanted to stay with a 20 inch wheel BUT the largest tire is a 345 which hardly seemed the effort over a 315.

You can get a little wider tire with a smaller diameter wheel which is what Speedster has done.

So I spent time looking at a 13.5 inch wheel and a Mickey Thompson Sport 15 inch tire. (29 X 20 X 15)

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR

The MAJOR problem is the bushing area that mounts the rear craddle to the frame. There is a fabrication shop that is making new rear craddles that has a narrower circumfrance bushing mount that COULD be made to work. I cannot remember their name right now but they built the front craddle in the Lingenfelter car that just went 9's. (Xtreme Fabrications??)

However, when I added it all up including the fabrication expense of the builder....it was just one cheque too many.....however, it COULD be done and I would estimate the cost at $6k - $8k.

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.

Last edited by Rickerbucks; 09-01-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #495
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
I spent a great deal off time looking at the posability of a minitub for the Camaro.

I REALLY wanted to stay with a 20 inch wheel BUT the largest tire is a 345 which hardly seemed the effort over a 315.

you can get a little wider with a smaller wheel which is what Speedster has done.

So I spent time looking at a 13.5 inch wheel and a Mickey Thompson Sport 15 inch tire. (29 X 20 X 15)

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...em=SportsmanSR

The MAJOR problem is the bushing area that mounts the rear craddle to the frame. There is a fabrication shop that is making new rear craddles that has a narrower circumfrance bushing mount that COULD be made to work. I cannot remember their name right now but they built the front craddle in the Lingenfelter car that just went 9's. (Xtreme Fabrications??)

However, when I added it all up including the fabrication expense of the builder....it was just one cheque too many.....however, it COULD be done and I would estimate the cost at $6k - $8k.

You bring up some very good points. The rear mounts on the SST are being changed to the new ones [and matching small diameter coilovers] made by Xtreme Innovations (Craig) as you had pointed out above. Xtreme also has a front cradle and will build a rear cradle on demand. (They are not building them on spec since it is a small quantity item).

Thanks for bringing up those points to others that may have thought about the ProStreet size tires/wheels that you were looking at.

Last edited by speedster; 09-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #496
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
I'll let your drive Veteran 1, you let me drive this beast
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #497
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post

Hey, I'd be honored to get a pic of the SST next to Veteran1...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #498
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I have tire envy. lol
First manual envy, then custom wheel envy, now tire envy...Soon football team envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
now those will be some really great pics!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #499
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post

now those will be some really great pics!
Hey Cyn.

Long time no talk. Hope you and the Ed Monster are enjoying yourselves... I just noticed it was his B-Day on the 28th. Cool. You two are awesome together.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #500
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Hey Cyn.

Long time no talk. Hope you and the Ed Monster are enjoying yourselves... I just noticed it was his B-Day on the 28th. Cool. You two are awesome together.
Thanks! We're doing very well. I'm busy with a couple of work projects in between trips to Cali

My boss used to tell me we could get all those little clean up jobs done "when the smoke clears." He's been telling me that for almost 20 years

I'm not complaining.

I see you've made some big progress on your beast as well! Very nice
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #501
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm still in awe at the amount of tuning, I'm assuming, this car will need. I remember reading 3 computers on board, I think. (?)

Awesome car B!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #502
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
He didn't say pic... he said he wanted to drive it! Guess you're gonna hafta lay the down

...Or start a list... I'm next in line
Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #503
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I'm still in awe at the amount of tuning, I'm assuming, this car will need. I remember reading 3 computers on board, I think. (?)

Awesome car B!
4, but who's counting?... I think your car really looks awesome now !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
He didn't say pic... he said he wanted to drive it! Guess you're gonna hafta lay the down

...Or start a list... I'm next in line
The line forms about 100 yards east of here...(That puts the line IN the water...

Will have some more pics to post this afternoon. Making good progress now. Can see the light at the end of the L...O...N...G tunnel.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #504
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

The line forms about 100 yards east of here...(That puts the line IN the water...

Will have some more pics to post this afternoon. Making good progress now. Can see the light at the end of the L...O...N...G tunnel.
Brought my life jacket in case it takes awhile...

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo