Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfflyer View Post
Based on production reports, production should be around 6100 cars for the month of April. Purely estimating, at a run rate of 351 cars per day, and 21 working days in May, adds another 7371 cars. This alone totals 13000 to 13500 cars.
That is a really good estimate!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #16
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
We just started our hunt. The dealer (I won't say which one) told us the following:

2) We need to order by May 5 because the factory won't take orders after that date for at least three months. We will be at the mercy of whatever is produced and sent to the dealers.

????????
This was posted in another thread, can anyone provide validity to this? I hope its just a hoax because that would throw off the numbers
Old 04-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
This was posted in another thread, can anyone provide validity to this? I hope its just a hoax because that would throw off the numbers
Actually I think that would be smart in a way to those who pre-ordered and ordered. Think of it this way. The Camaro will be at nearly every dealer on the 6th and think of all the people that would be ordering. Now with all that FUBAR with the people that ordered back in October this could help speed up their status by not letting anyone order a car at a dealer that has a allotment open.

Personally I like the idea now is it feasible for GM to do that is the question.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #18
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by augrad94 View Post
I have been at 3000 since 3/26. My dealer says that TPW are not being given anymore and the next update will mostly be my VIN or my invoice. But I am patient no really I am!
This is good information for everyone right here. I have been talking to another dealer I have a relationship with and they are not getting status updates, only orders pulled for production. Unfortunately, this leaves the enthusiast in the dark, but in reality, the phone call could come that cars are built and ready to ship. Forget the Avis cars, and the dealer unvieling cars, there are 14,000 sold orders that have to be completed before regular production begins. Thanks for your post, it makes some sense out of what is going on.
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #19
detroitboy
Pinholic

Drives: 11 Silverado, 08 Shelby GT500 Conv.
It would appear that the only dealers who know what they are doing are the ones who have cars for sale in stock on Ebay. It really cannot be said that pre-orders are getting any preference...nor are the cars that were ordered first getting preference over the cars ordered later based on VIN of the cars that are getting delivered.

ordered 01/19/07
3000 - 2/27/09
3400 - 3/27/09
3800 - 4/17/09 (built and lost in the vortex)
ship date ??????? (I gave up and got a GT500)
5/11/09 - order cancelled
5/27/09 - vehicle arrived at dealership for whoever bought it after me
detroitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
This is good information for everyone right here. I have been talking to another dealer I have a relationship with and they are not getting status updates, only orders pulled for production. Unfortunately, this leaves the enthusiast in the dark, but in reality, the phone call could come that cars are built and ready to ship. Forget the Avis cars, and the dealer unvieling cars, there are 14,000 sold orders that have to be completed before regular production begins. Thanks for your post, it makes some sense out of what is going on.
Are you saying that all the codes are on a freeze, but the cars are still being made regardless. If I'm at 3000 now, it will stay there even though my car is still moving through the system (maybe even built next week) ? I should look for a 3300 or a 3400 at this point, just wait until I get 'the call'

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #21
pfflyer

Drives: 10 SS 6M IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Are you saying that all the codes are on a freeze, but the cars are still being made regardless. If I'm at 3000 now, it will stay there even though my car is still moving through the system (maybe even built next week) ? I should look for a 3300 or a 3400 at this point, just wait until I get 'the call'

That seems to be what is happening. From my experience, I have had cars come in and the status never went beyond the 3000's. Based on what is going on, the poor information flow that the internet creates, especially with the VIN tracking that was posted; I am sure the a manufacturer of any product wants as little exposure as possible. I think that the next few weeks will clear up alot. I don't think your dealer will get another status update to pass along to you other then delivery or arrival.
pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #22
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Based on production reports, production should be around 6100 cars for the month of April. Purely estimating, at a run rate of 351 cars per day, and 21 working days in May, adds another 7371 cars. This alone totals 13000 to 13500 cars. Full total is approximately 15,600 cars since January 1. Again, this is just the rationale based on numbers known. Does anyone know what is being produced? As I have posted before, the early orders are getting preference before regular production starts based on quotes and articles previewing the car. Ed Peper was quoted as saying that "these will be built by May or June". This would indicate that outside of White cars, early orders should be done. I think that those of us that are still at 1100, have no information other than what we know from the dealer, and Chevy customer care, should have the expectation that our cars will be built in that time frame; pending known restrictions etc. Also, should we be making the assumption that if we have an order number, that our cars will be built? Or is there a surprise coming based on mix. This is where the dealer sponsors can really help out with the frustration that we face.

I saw in another thread recently that the build rate is nowhere near 351 cars yet. I hope I'm wrong and you're right but the number I saw was still down in the 100s. If this is the case, it would throw your estimate way off.

Anybody have any official number on the current build rate?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #23
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I saw in another thread recently that the build rate is nowhere near 351 cars yet. I hope I'm wrong and you're right but the number I saw was still down in the 100s. If this is the case, it would throw your estimate way off.

pfflyer is pretty close actually.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #24
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
My dealer called yesterday and said he got 2 SS autos in and didn't even know they were comming and hadn't orderd them. They are being put out as dealer stock. They have several orders our includeing 2 SS models that are awol in transit for like 3 weeks or better. My salesmen even said one of the cars had the wrong window sticer on it. didn't math the vin.
Good news is First one I ever saw live, the car is f'n awesome!! Will be worth the wait, shouldn't be long now guys.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #25
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
My dealer called yesterday and said he got 2 SS autos in and didn't even know they were comming and hadn't orderd them. They are being put out as dealer stock. They have several orders our includeing 2 SS models that are awol in transit for like 3 weeks or better. My salesmen even said one of the cars had the wrong window sticer on it. didn't math the vin.
Good news is First one I ever saw live, the car is f'n awesome!! Will be worth the wait, shouldn't be long now guys.
And us Pre-Order guys just wait and wait!!!

-bobby
Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #26
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post

Yes, 100 is a pretty far off estimate. An Oshawa employee was quoted saying last week they were up to 300 something I believe
Old 04-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #27
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
The information flow is horrible. I ordered on 11/22 and I'm still at 1100. Dealer says I'm 3rd in line AT THE DEALERSHIP! The NY Metro area is getting screwed! NY is the second largest area for orders, but one of the last to see a real car! I know there are problems...dealer said # of SS's ordered surprised GM, so they don't have enough 6.2Ls to continue building, so doing runs of LTs, then back to SSs when they have the power plants done...anyone comment?
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #28
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Mine was built yesterday and is #6125.

The TPW never did show up in the system for me. I asked, but my contact said the field is blank-- and he has been very helpful. So I was happy enough with Event Status updates 2x a week- Wed & Fri.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote