Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking Vegas Baby!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!

Yep just as the title reads, in ten days I will be pointing the Penske truck westward from GA to Vegas! Gonna have my wifes Jeep Wrangler in tow(burns too much gas for such a trip) and my wife will be my wing man (err woman) in the Camaro, she says she just wants to follow me because if she was in the lead, she would be tempted to punch the go fast pedal take off and just lose me lol.
I informed her she shouldn't follow too close because I really dont want the truck to kick up any rocks onto Lil'Blue,
I have already joined Sin City Camaro Club and will be attending some get togethers ASAP.
I am not going to miss GA, just hate it here, frigging dirt road I live on is really hard on my Camaro(but the Jeep really loves it lol)
All these rednecks would just as soon stab you in the back as look at you, and IMHO they all just need to get over that war they lost 200 years ago!
I have yet to see just one person here hold up to the old adage- "there is nothing stronger than the word of a Southern Gentleman" I call on that one!
We just came to a point out here where we just said"screw it! we're getting out of here!" This "Western Yankee" (such as they call me) has had enough.
No hard feeling to folks down here though, they really dont know better, it's not their faults, most of them were raised that way. I still got to see lots of history down here in the south and I DID have some good times, but I am done with it all, Vegas is where I came from, it is the place I need to be lol. Good people, good family, good friends await me.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
flbadboy12

Drives: 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT
Okay your moving but don't talk too much trash on the south now lol
flbadboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
When its bad its bad but for the most part I find the people down south to be friendlier than most northerners on average. I moved from St. Marys Ga back to lil ole DE because there is no place like home, lol. Congrats and Good luck.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
IOM2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I get plenty of waves here up north
IOM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
wheelio
Banned

Drives: camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
Yep just as the title reads, in ten days I will be pointing the Penske truck westward from GA to Vegas! Gonna have my wifes Jeep Wrangler in tow(burns too much gas for such a trip) and my wife will be my wing man (err woman) in the Camaro, she says she just wants to follow me because if she was in the lead, she would be tempted to punch the go fast pedal take off and just lose me lol.
I informed her she shouldn't follow too close because I really dont want the truck to kick up any rocks onto Lil'Blue,
I have already joined Sin City Camaro Club and will be attending some get togethers ASAP.
I am not going to miss GA, just hate it here, frigging dirt road I live on is really hard on my Camaro(but the Jeep really loves it lol)
All these rednecks would just as soon stab you in the back as look at you, and IMHO they all just need to get over that war they lost 200 years ago!
I have yet to see just one person here hold up to the old adage- "there is nothing stronger than the word of a Southern Gentleman" I call on that one!
We just came to a point out here where we just said"screw it! we're getting out of here!" This "Western Yankee" (such as they call me) has had enough.
No hard feeling to folks down here though, they really dont know better, it's not their faults, most of them were raised that way. I still got to see lots of history down here in the south and I DID have some good times, but I am done with it all, Vegas is where I came from, it is the place I need to be lol. Good people, good family, good friends await me.
right? lol so many cars done there with confederate flags....
wheelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
jrohan07

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Supercharged SLP
Good luck in Vegas and upgrade to a v8. Just in case you need to outrun the mob.
jrohan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats I keep telling my wife one day we are moving to Lost Wages

Good luck
Old 08-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Vegas
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'BlueCoupe View Post
Congrats!

I have a few friends moving to Vegas in a few months. Happy packing!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohan07 View Post
Good luck in Vegas and upgrade to a v8. Just in case you need to outrun the mob.
the mob days are over but a v6 will get away from metro just the same. ( they are just as bad)

good to see our numbers are increasing! too many mustangs around here!!! what part of the valley did you land in?
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Congrats on the moving. Cross country in our cars is a great drive! I know I somehow packed my life into mine, no moving truck or anything haha sounds like you have a little more stuff though.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Thanks everyone, I am rather excited, I am not sore at any southerners (albeit the one who screwed me over or didn't give me a chance)
Lost Wages? ya I have heard that many times before while I lived there before, I however am not a gambler (work too hard for what little money I get) I however will just use a little change once in a while and clink it into one of the one armed bandits, but that is the most of it really.
As for the long trip in my Camaro? well.....I already have 45k miles on it and have only had it for 22 months, so ....... ya it is used to long drives, no worries there.
Another note here in the south.....on my twice a week trip to my other clinic in South Carolina I would always pass another Camaro coming from the other direction, yep I would give the usual wave(and no he never waved back, but I got over it) he drives a red V6, then three weeks ago I saw something that really stuck out like a sore thumb.....he put camouflaged stripes on it!........all I can say is that is NOT my cup of tea, folks.....camouflaged stripes on a Camaro IMHO look like crap, I feel if you really want to make your car look tacky as hell, then go out and find you some stripes like that. I mean I guess it is ok for him an I am a firm believer of making your car your own, but I hope I never see a Camaro with those stripes again....it will be too soon, I bet his buddies really think its cool, now all he needs is a sweet mullet to go with those stripes........gotta love the south
Old 08-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #13
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Good luck, my "one day hopefully soon" destination is Floida. No freakin snow! And heck, most floridians came from up north anyway.

Enjoy your new home, and best of luck to you in your new chapter of life.

Jim

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
Baron3600

Drives: 2018 HBM Camaro 1SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelio View Post
right? lol so many cars done there with confederate flags....
I saw way more cars and esp trucks with confederate flags on them when i lived in MD/PA than i do here in Florida lol. Always thought that was funny.
Baron3600 is offline   Reply With Quote