Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
chinyocka

Drives: 2012 camaro ls
Unhappy metal scraping sound 42-49 mph

Hello forum could use some help.currently have a 2012 camaro ls with an automatic transmission. At times while driving 42-49 MPH I could hear a high pitched metal tinny sound .the vehicle runs shifts and drives fine and only makes that noise intermittently.it sounds like taking a piece of metal and just touching it up against a band saw
Had it to the dealer but when you expect to hear it its not there. Could anyone tell me if they have encountered anything related to my problem . Thanks guys jeff. Chinyocka@AOL.com
chinyocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinyocka View Post
Hello forum could use some help.currently have a 2012 camaro ls with an automatic transmission. At times while driving 42-49 MPH I could hear a high pitched metal tinny sound .the vehicle runs shifts and drives fine and only makes that noise intermittently.it sounds like taking a piece of metal and just touching it up against a band saw
Had it to the dealer but when you expect to hear it its not there. Could anyone tell me if they have encountered anything related to my problem . Thanks guys jeff. Chinyocka@AOL.com
Jeff,

I can absolutely understand that a concern that cannot be duplicated at the opportune time would cause much displeasure. However, if you private message us, we will happily document that you're experiencing this without being able to get an official diagnosis of it. Moving forward, we'll do everything we can on our end to help if this should become frequently occurring, or otherwise escalates.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
Has anyone found out why it is doing this?
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
I am having the same problem .
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #5
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Same, though I would describe mine as a "metal jingly" sound but probably the same noise.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote