Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #29
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
200 rms is honestly nothing, i have a single MTX sledgehammer and its running 400 rms, that is good base, but my bro is running last years sledgehammers which is 600 rms and it sounds great. Im getting the new sledge hammers which is 800 rms and it will be more then enough, but there will be enough base there to blow away any civics. My friend has an expedition with 2 single sledge hammers like mine, and it runs 800rms and i can feel my classroom on the second floor rumbling. The expedition barely raddles too. I just hope my camaro doesnt rattle. But honestly 200rms is not really that good. If you guys want bass, then you need a serious amp, but you dont always have to use it at teeth shattering base, just use the control nob. Kickers way sooo much, my installer told me lift the square kicker, and it was soo heavy i could barely get it off the floor. But it had like 1000 rms. Bass really depends on the box, the bigger, and if its ported. I dont want to be preaching to the choir, thats not my intention...
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #30
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
come on guys.....there are pictures of this option on this site

Those same displays show an optional single-inlet GMPP catback when we all know this car has true duals. Those pictures are for display purposes and don't necessarily represent the final product.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #31
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
I got some pics of my old system in the jimmy to show u what kind of bass i'm after in the camaro. I made the box and the custom amp rack w/plexi and cooling fans(relayed to turn on when the amp does), i painted it with thunder blue metallic, black base coat. This was LOUD. the glass on my hatch looked like it was gonna break when it was cranked up. the amp is 1500W rms memphis mono @ 2ohms, subs are re audio 1000rms each, 1600peak....so i fed them 750Wrms each. Ported box too, tuned for around 38hz!!

yes, yes, i know it's not all about bass, and i have learned! My silverado has the same amp for 2 10" crossfires(600rms each, they can handle 750), but i also installed another memphis amp, 4channel 75wrms per channel for the speakers. crossfire x6 components in the doors. best sounding system around my town....for a truck.

only problem is a huge capacitor is needed or a dual battery setup/bigger alternator... the 1500w amp draws 150 amps at max.... so i cant crank it up for too long.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #32
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I think you would blow the trunk off with that much base in the camaro! lol
Im afraid to run 800 rms, ill keep it running at about 600 rms and crank it when some silly civic pulls up.
By the way, rockford fosgate amps are really good, they have a bad name for some reason, i dont know, but they always stay cool, never get too hot, and its underrated, my installers amp said 800rms, it had a sheet which showed that it was really capable of running 1200 rms
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
just because its not a stereo on wheels doesnt mean it sucks.some people like loud music,but also want to keep their hearing.
This and some of us are actually generous enough not to have it loud enough so everyone within a mile can hear us.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #34
LS3SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
This and some of us are actually generous enough not to have it loud enough so everyone within a mile can hear us.
say what you want, i like it loud. Yes, the old system could be heard over a mile away..my dad always said he could hear me coming off the highway. LOL(lived on an acreage)

tj91, i like rockford amps myself, i still have a 600Wrms amp that says 943Wrms on the birthsheet. well it's the girlfriends' now powering a 12" type R alpine. extremely underrated amps, and they sound good too. BTW, if your sheet says 1200, your amplifier gain is set correctly, depending on your voltage at idle, 13.3~13.7V, your amp is probably closer to pushing 1000 watts normally. usually the rating they sell amps at is 12Vdc. so 600w@12v, 1000w@13.5, 1200@14.4.... someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think this is how rockford amps are so underrated.

Last edited by LS3SSRS; 01-24-2009 at 10:10 AM.
LS3SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #35
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
here is my question the BA upgrade system has 245 so this adds an additional 200 making a total of 445?
Old 01-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #36
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Yeah, Ill trust my buddy, Mark Fukuda on this subject. If you know car audio then you know his name. If you dont, then google it. He lived in Bridge City wich is about 10 min. away from me. Ahhh, the good old days....
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #37
Vr0d

Drives: 04 IBM Pontiac GTO
Send a message via Yahoo to Vr0d
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
yep

GO WITH JL!!! for amps and subs. I'm telling you...you will NOT be disappointed!!!

on the other hand, i bet they aren't that bad...but IMO, you can NOT go wrong with JL. Anyone owning them will swear by them for life.

I swear by these for LIFE!!! They will find a new home in my Camaro. I'm not going to brag and put out numbers and wattages and whatnot, the picture speaks for itself. Anybody that knows JL knows that they have a habit of under rating their equipment. BTW, I did this install myself. For all of the professional installers out there, what do you think of my setup? Can anyone name the components in said pick? If so, you will get +1 internets from me!

2010 CGM LS3 2SS/RS w/ Black Rallys

Vr0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 PM   #38
LS3SSRS

^^
300/4 4 channel amp, mono 500/1, and i think 2 12" JLW3's...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #39
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
yep

GO WITH JL!!! for amps and subs. I'm telling you...you will NOT be disappointed!!!

on the other hand, i bet they aren't that bad...but IMO, you can NOT go wrong with JL. Anyone owning them will swear by them for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr0d View Post

I swear by these for LIFE!!! They will find a new home in my Camaro. I'm not going to brag and put out numbers and wattages and whatnot, the picture speaks for itself. Anybody that knows JL knows that they have a habit of under rating their equipment. BTW, I did this install myself. For all of the professional installers out there, what do you think of my setup? Can anyone name the components in said pick? If so, you will get +1 internets from me!

JL 10W0's in my stepside. loved em. best subs ever.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #40
mcernik

Drives: Rally Yellow SS/RS VIN # 3931
Have we had any confirmation if there are preamp outs residing in the trunk yet, or are we going to have to wire in a high-low converter off the rear speakers?
mcernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #41
Hillbilly
Rider of the short BUS

Drives: Ukon/F350(work)/Intruder800
I'm ordering a BOSE from Paul Harvey HEHE
Old 02-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #42
Vr0d

Drives: 04 IBM Pontiac GTO
Send a message via Yahoo to Vr0d
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
^^
300/4 4 channel amp, mono 500/1, and i think 2 12" JLW3's...
We have a winner! They are actually JLW3V2s but I'll still give it ya! +1!

2010 CGM LS3 2SS/RS w/ Black Rallys

Vr0d is offline   Reply With Quote