Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #71
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Alright coo! So it's true? do you think the new 14 grills help the 14's SS perform better than the current SS's
not enough to the point any normal person will notice, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
Look bro. I owned a 2010 2SS and yeah it was a nice car but even I'm waiting for the 2014. When they totaled my car, I could have EASILY bought another one. 2010-2013. But I sat and waited to see the 2014. IMO I like it more than the older style. Now if I still had my 2010 then i too might be one of the guys saying "The refresh is ugly, get a 2013 blah blah blah" but the truth of the matter is that all these people are most likely stuck with already high payments and there is no way they'd be able to trade their cars in for a 2014 so the next thing to do is bash the newer one in hopes that it makes them feel better about their current camaro. Straight up. Fact is, if you get a 2013 then you'll be kicking yourself when the 2014 actually comes out. Keep borrowing your sisters car as long as possible and when the 2014 comes out then you can sit and make an honest call to YOUR liking. Again, I had every chance to get another 2010-2013 if I wanted one but damn that, I want the newest one available.

i agree. i too had a 10ss. will gladly wait for the 14 with it's new styling and new features.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #72
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Look bro. I owned a 2010 2SS and yeah it was a nice car but even I'm waiting for the 2014. When they totaled my car, I could have EASILY bought another one. 2010-2013. But I sat and waited to see the 2014. IMO I like it more than the older style. Now if I still had my 2010 then i too might be one of the guys saying "The refresh is ugly, get a 2013 blah blah blah" but the truth of the matter is that all these people are most likely stuck with already high payments and there is no way they'd be able to trade their cars in for a 2014 because they'd be so upside down on their payments. So the next thing to do is bash the newer one in hopes that it makes them feel better about their current camaro. Straight up. Fact is, if you get a 2013 then you'll be kicking yourself when the 2014 actually comes out. Keep borrowing your sisters car as long as possible and when the 2014 comes out then you can sit and make an honest call to YOUR liking. Again, I had every chance to get another 2010-2013 if I wanted one but damn that, I want the newest one available.
You should buy what you like. Not everyone is jealous or can't trade up. I waited for the release of the 2014's, then went and ordered a 2013. I could have waited a little longer to get a 2014. I just liked the 2013 styling better.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Yes get what you like wait since you're stuck between the 14's and 13's, wait and see them like everyone said in person the 14's that is. Almost Everybody going to be bias 14's or 13's I can be to but I wont. Decide after you see or get one now it's your money.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #74
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
CoolStoryBro yea I see what you're saying . So hell everybody get the camaro they want .then we can go hunting for the competition and so we can say we know somebody who has the 14's refresh camaro
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #75
Mav256

Drives: 2014 Yellow Camaro 2 SS RS Convert.
I personally like the 2014 SS, especially the hood. I will be buying one in October. My 2010 goes to my wife.
Mav256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #76
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jespadas4 View Post
I'm currently looking into the 2lt 2013 camaro but have recently heard that the 2014 camaro will be coming out in the near future. I was wondering anybody has any info on this topic. Please let me know ASAP!!!! Because I'm just about ready to go buy the 2013 off the lot.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285117
Old 05-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #77
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
The 2014 is ugly as sin. You have to ask yourself, "Do I want to wait 5 months and buy a car that is ugly and I'm going to be embarrassed driving if I'm ever next to a pre-refresh Camaro or should I buy a 2013 now and be happy that I bought a badass looking car that I can drive right now?"

The choice seems easy to me....
You need to learn how to express yourself better and tell us how you really feel. All this holding everything back is not good for your health.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #78
Jespadas4

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Look bro. I owned a 2010 2SS and yeah it was a nice car but even I'm waiting for the 2014. When they totaled my car, I could have EASILY bought another one. 2010-2013. But I sat and waited to see the 2014. IMO I like it more than the older style. Now if I still had my 2010 then i too might be one of the guys saying "The refresh is ugly, get a 2013 blah blah blah" but the truth of the matter is that all these people are most likely stuck with already high payments and there is no way they'd be able to trade their cars in for a 2014 because they'd be so upside down on their payments. So the next thing to do is bash the newer one in hopes that it makes them feel better about their current camaro. Straight up. Fact is, if you get a 2013 then you'll be kicking yourself when the 2014 actually comes out. Keep borrowing your sisters car as long as possible and when the 2014 comes out then you can sit and make an honest call to YOUR liking. Again, I had every chance to get another 2010-2013 if I wanted one but damn that, I want the newest one available.
Thanks man really helped to hear that. I'm gonna wait on the 14 I really like its look because its brand new look its will be different .
Jespadas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #79
berky1976

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/1LE
Getting mine

I've done some inquiries with Chevy and my preferred dealership on this topic. Chevy said that July 15th was the ship date on the 2k14 Camaro if no delays happen. That was three weeks ago that i chatted with them. Allocation is a per dealership issue. Typically the bigger the dealership, the more allocation they will get. That doesn't necessarily guarantee they will get it sooner than a smaller dealership, but I would expect it to typically work out that way more often than not.

Personally, I say go for whatever you like. You will definitely save more money buying a 2k13 model. You might save as much as 3 grand or more by doing that. I'm personally ordering a 2k14 SS 1LE model so I have to wait because the specific build out that I want is not available anywhere in the country in a 2k13 model. I like the looks of the 2k14 just as much as the 2k13. I like the taillights better on the 13, but the ones on the 14 make the car look wider and so does the refresh on the front clip. I've seen pics of the 2k14 1LE on the road in Detroit and it looks really good. So, I'm fine with what I'm ordering. I think the 1LE looks BA with the black wheels.

But, go with what you like, because in the end, you are the one stuck with what you bought, not those here that are bashing on either model year. If both look good to you and you don't have a specific desire on options, then save yourself time and money by getting a 2k13. If you want something specific though, you'll probably have to wait for the 2k14 models. I hoping to be able to order within the next week or two when my dealership gets allocation. I'm going to be the first 2k14 from their dealership, so they say.
berky1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #80
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I am tentatively waiting on the 14's. On the other hand, I want to get a hint of any color changes for '15 and/or whether the ZL1 will continue; So it looks like I will be ordering late.

As far as looks, its an academic point but I do like the bold looks of the '14s...especially the rear end (Hard to imagine that I'd be convinced of that).

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #81
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by berky1976 View Post
I'm going to be the first 2k14 from their dealership, so they say.
Not trying to be an outright troll, but if you're already taking the time to put 4 characters into the year, why wouldn't you just type "2014" instead of "2k14" ?

Alright guys - let's clean up the misinformation in this thread. Keep in mind that GM's North American manufacturing shutdown is the week of 4th of July every year. This shutdown takes place to do whatever is necessary at the plant to switch over to the next year's model. So When Reggie B rightfully said "2014 Camaros are scheduled to start up July 15th" he's meaning at the factories. That does not necessarily mean the 2014 Camaros will be in the dealerships before the end of July. I personally do not know, but I would assume because it's a Mid Cycle Enhancement (IE: a refresh) that there is going to be some initial quality assurance holds to make sure that the first 2014s off the line are 100% straight and perfect for the customer.

That said -- my personal GUESS-timate would be August at the absolute earliest but most likely September. The closer you are to Oshawa, the sooner you have a chance of getting a vehicle. One more reason to buy from Becky D if you're on the west coast since it'll take longer for the cars to be shipped across country than it would to get to Detroit and other areas around Oshawa. You can fly into Detroit, pick up the car in person, and then drive it home.

Lastly, if you're trying to get a good deal then the best time to buy a vehicle is at the end of the model year (IE: Once the 2014's hit production in July, the 2013's will be discounted to get them off the lot and make room for the 2014s)

To the trolls that are posting in here just to put down the 2014 -- wait until you see them in person. You may ask - "Why should we have to wait to see them in person, we should like them just by the pictures alone!" My answer to that is that not everyone liked the 2010 Camaro from pictures alone, some had to see it in person. Further, I personally know folks who didn't like the 5th gen Camaro until they saw the 2014 models -- and that's a serious win for the MCE, if they can get people who previously didn't like the car to now want to buy one then it's a major win. Meanwhile, the rest of us will have our 2010-2013 Camaros and will still be happy. Kumbaya.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #82
KingDavid

Drives: Z06
So glad they changed the tail lights!

I believe a lot of people like myself never bought the current Camaro because of the tail lights. The 14' in pictures looks more like a 68' to me. Can't wait to see it in person. I'll be pulling the trigger if it looks as good as the pics.
KingDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #83
berky1976

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Not trying to be an outright troll, but if you're already taking the time to put 4 characters into the year, why wouldn't you just type "2014" instead of "2k14" ?
Its just my thing. I've been doing it since 2k10. Maybe not the answer you wanted while trolling, but it is what it is.

Time will tell who is right and who is wrong in this thread and by then, probably nobody will care. Hopefully the OP got the information they wanted between the trolling and flaming.
berky1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #84
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Just for a little reference on delivery timeline with regards to new model year change over. We ordered my wife's car last year June with Becky and the car was built the first week in August and I had a rail car tracking # by Aug 10th. We waited almost a week after the car was offloaded at the rail yard before it was delivered to our courtesy delivery dealer. So this time I will take delivery from BeckyD @ Rodgers Chevy in Detroit since it will get there quicker than down the Southeast coastline to Ga.

Tags
2014, camaro