Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Dosin

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black ground effects
FYI for dome lighting from AAC

Long story short, I was quoted a higher price by the sales person than what is advertised on here. Never again will I buy anything from them. Sales person was a robot and did not even attempt to make a sale.

AAC is over priced and if you think good customer service and lifetime warranty is justified to triple your price of others, you are throwing away your money.
Dosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Did you try calling them back? Better yet, send a PM to Jonathan@aacstyle.com or to AACSTYLE. They will be able to get you the difference in what you paid. If you were dealing with a sales person whom wasn't Jonathan or Justin (AACSTYLE) then they probably aren't aware of the discounts that camaro5 members get. I would try contacting them.

EDIT: As a side note, I wouldn't consider a lifetime warranty and some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with a waste of money. I mean yes have had my share of warranty claims with them, but it always gets resolved and every time they make sure that I am 100% satisfied.

vvvvvvv I'd also like to hear the long version of this story.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
I'd like to hear the long story. Form my own opinion. Mainly because your opinion is so different from my experiences with AAC.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosin View Post
Long story short, I was quoted a higher price by the sales person than what is advertised on here. Never again will I buy anything from them. Sales person was a robot and did not even attempt to make a sale.

AAC is over priced and if you think good customer service and lifetime warranty is justified to triple your price of others, you are throwing away your money.
i can tell you this aac is not over priced you get quality for your money, aac products are NOT over sea's china crap like others sell. i know that for a fact.

who did you talk to from aac plays another part in this, jonathan is the main sales guy who covers camaro5 and many of the other forums, you will see justin on here and maybe one other but if you don't speak to jonathan you might not get the same camaro5 price. they do discount for the site. did you mention you were from camaro5? they also have new staff as well taking orders. do not hate for the company for a mix up. id love to hear who your sales person was. i personally know a couple of them and dealt with the every other one and they are definitely not robots on the phone. like others have mentioned what is the long story
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
Dosin

If you think ACC does not have a huge mark up for LED bulbs, your math is off. $40 for two LED bulbs shipped to my house is ridiculous. How can you argue with that? It is a light bulb. The profit margin is also ridiculous. I would think the free market would price/complete them out of business.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
The Stig

Quote:
If you think ACC does not have a huge mark up for LED bulbs, your math is off. $40 for two LED bulbs shipped to my house is ridiculous. How can you argue with that? It is a light bulb. The profit margin is also ridiculous. I would think the free market would price/complete them out of business.
OK that's all fine. But you ignored all of our questions. Whom did you speak with? Did you try PMing Jonathan? Did you tell them you were from camaro5? Then most importantly, can we get the long version of your story?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
Dosin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
OK that's all fine. But you ignored all of our questions. Whom did you speak with? Did you try PMing Jonathan? Did you tell them you were from camaro5? Then most importantly, can we get the long version of your story?
I do not know who I spoke with. I did not PM Jonathan. I did tell them I was from camaro5.

Long version is I partically ordered them online to see what the shipping price was. Site goofed up so I called. Quoted a different price. My ACC LED fog lights I bought work fine but do not fit in the factory adaptor and could not snap on correctly. I was told that is just how it is. I did not want to pay to ship them back.

I will just have to wait until someone else has a ABL LED dome light. Know of any????
Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #8
The Stig

AAC is the ONLY company that sells ABL colored LEDs.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #9
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
if you found the pricing to be unreasonable why did you buy them? you could of went on ebay and purchased that china junk and got them and in 2 months get another set and do it again and again
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
AAC is the ONLY company that sells ABL colored LEDs.

OP, I'm confused. You are pissed at their markup? Why did you buy if you thought it's too high? I bought from them fully understanding their markup, had I not like the price I would have walked.

Also, Camaro 5 members are offered a discount. It's actually good to see a vendor charging more if you call and do not identify your self as a member of xx comminuity.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

OP, I'm confused. You are pissed at their markup? Why did you buy if you thought it's too high? I bought from them fully understanding their markup, had I not like the price I would have walked.

Also, Camaro 5 members are offered a discount. It's actually good to see a vendor charging more if you call and do not identify your self as a member of xx comminuity.
He said he told them he was from Camaro5.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
The Stig

But if the sales person doesn't know about the camaro5 discount
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
20camaro12

Drives: 2012 45th anniv. Convertible SS LS3
There is your problem. Give Jonathan a PM or call AAC back up and ask to talk to jonathan. Its called business overhead as well. These people put in a lot of time to make a quality product and need to MAKE MONEY. If you want something cheaper, but from china, or do it yourself. From every complaint comes frustration and from that comes irrational decision making or no decision making at all. I will tell you this right now, if you are looking for a free product, or to keep the product and get your money back (which is what it seems like) you are probably barking up the wrong tree. If you were my customer and told me this bs story below, I would tell you to go pound sand. People here are trying to help you, and you are blowing them off. ASK FOR HELP by Jonathan, and I am sure he will make things right. For the record, I have 500 bucks worth of AAC stuff going into my brand new camaro, and if breaks or doesn't live up to its reputation, you will bet your a$$ I will be calling to fix it. Stop complaining, cause its not gonna get you anywhere, and talk to the right people to fix the problem.
I do not know who I spoke with. I did not PM Jonathan. I did tell them I was from camaro5.

Long version is I partically ordered them online to see what the shipping price was. Site goofed up so I called. Quoted a different price. My ACC LED fog lights I bought work fine but do not fit in the factory adaptor and could not snap on correctly. I was told that is just how it is. I did not want to pay to ship them back.

I will just have to wait until someone else has a ABL LED dome light. Know of any????
20camaro12 is offline   Reply With Quote