Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Mtlbrnr

Drives: 2LT/RS
The package that came with the plate holder had 4 big ass rivets with it and 4 screws for the plate.
Mtlbrnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
gen5-ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have found the best way to attach the front license plate with no holes nor damage to the front bumper. Use the front frame that comes with the vehicle and attach it to the lower grille in the center by use of two toggle bolts placed in the recessed mounting holes in the frame. The back toggle portion simple goes through the openings in the lower grille and tighten nicely with no damage. Easy to mount and remove for show car purposes. To assure no damage from the edge of the frame rubbing against the front bumper, I installed black door edge guard on the back edge of the mounting frame. Unlike other alternatives that I have seen, this really looks great and the cost is less than $5.00 total!
gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
I just attached mine the other day. I use black door edge guard around the frame as well. Because the lower griller on the LT is smaller getting bolts in would not be possible like gen5-ss did. So I flipped the frame upsidedown. The top edge just fits into the lower grille WITHOUT touching the painted bumper and the bottom rests on the outer edges on the very lowest portion of the bumper. I had to drill 4 holes in the frame and then used some zip ties to hold it on. With the zip ties it's very solid and unless I nail something with the frame I doubt they will let go. Also since I have two sets of zip ties holding on even if one lets go for some reason the other should still hold it in place. Unfortuantely I couldn't screw in the lower pair of plate screws in all the way or they would have cut into the bumper. It's a little flappy on the bottom so I might have to put some spacers in there.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #18
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
I no sooner write this freaking post and I get pulled over for no front plate. The State Trooper was cool; he was more interested in seeing the car than the talking about the plate. He said when he walked up and looked into the window, "Let me start by saying nice car." When he asked how fast I had, had her up to and I hesitated until he commented it was off the record so I told him. I am going to get one of those hidden-plate mounts. I hate when I jinx myself.

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
K Dawg ONE
thegmconnection.com

Drives: 95 Jimmy (lay'd), 00 Blazer (daily)
Send a message via MSN to K Dawg ONE
This is what we used to do when we had our shop and people put on bodykits.
First, get a couple of rare earth magnets from Lee Valley (http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...48&cat=3,42363 )
Using a floating TPO repair kit (3M Fuzor or Duramix) or even JB Weld for plastics, affix a strip of metal or the rare earth 'cups' to the backside of your bumper and then attatch the rare earth magnets to your licence plate. These magnets are so strong, removing the plate from the car is near impossible, but, if you want, you could remove them and not have plate holes in your bumper! If you are afraid of scratching your bumper (which doesnt happpen if you carefully remove them), just put a piece of 3M Invisiguard ('clear bra') where you would put your plate.