Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam fan View Post
great input guys. thanks. lol at al the fart-avoidance efforts
I know a lot of people think louder = more performance but our cars are NOT V8's. Avoiding Rasp/Fart is a must for our little V6's. The Magnaflow X pipe is needed for our cars especially with axelbacks and headers. I will never understand the guys rocking raspy/farty exhaust systems for our cars..

Really makes us V6 owners look like a bunch of tools.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #30
cam fan

Drives: fast
From all of this info I think I will put my pennies away for the Corsa cat + BBK LT's

I'm going to wait till warranty is up. My dealership work shop isn't so friendly.

Does anyone out there have that set-up?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #31
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
From all of this info I think I will put my pennies away for the Corsa cat + BBK LT's

I'm going to wait till warranty is up. My dealership work shop isn't so friendly.

Take a look at this thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98156
Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
simt3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I often thought about the sounds of the exhaust system everyone has and how they record the sounds. For me sitting at idle and revving the engine for the sound really doesn’t make or break a good sound. I don't know to many who do that while driving.
Personally I think one should make a sound clip while traveling at full throttle thru the gears. IMHO.
Except most driving doesn't occur at full throttle. Though I don't recommend revving your engine all the time as that is kind of stupid it gives you an idea what your vehicle will sound like at moderate driving.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #33
simt3k

Quote:

This guy does if you can stand his Tokyo drift music, you don't get to hear his exhaust until 2.20 in the video.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #34
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Actually I don't know what you mean...my setup with the resonated X has a nice low tone and actually sounds great at low rpms. Not rice.

What are you listening to this through if you don't mind me asking? If you aren't listening to this through something that can reproduce low bass I suggest you do just that. Otherwise I guess my ears are just hearing something different than you because I hear no "fart" in this. There is some rasp up top though, which the resonated X pipe would remove.

Actually if you want to hear pretty close to what a BBK + magnaflow X + Magnaflow oval body mufflers sound like, give these videos a whirl (itsOBX LTs in these):

I listened to those videos using my car's speakers since I don't have any headphones right now. All I can say is "wow".
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Thats a great video find sim3tk
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #36
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
The Camaro V6 should have come from the factory with the Resonated Xpipe in my opinion. It does nothing but good for the sound and performance!

It's main goal is to basically eliminate rasp! As for drone, I didnt realy notice any real change after installing this xpipe drone wise.

Shaun

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #37
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Man I want longtubes. I love that sound Thanks for sharing.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote