Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
1le wheels and tire concern for 416 Whippled 1le

Hey guys,

This is an all out max effort whipple 2.9 build on a 2013 1le straight off the factory floor.

Im trying to understand for starters if the wheel widths are the exact widths as the ZL1 wheels. I know the diameter is the same, just concerned about the widths since the ZL1 comes with a 315mm tire in the back, and if the width was the same the wheel would be sticking out in an ugly way with a 285mm tire.

Anyone try to stagger tire widths on a 1le? I know the squared tire dimensions has shown to be superior on the track but for a high hp vehicle that will never see track duty and mostly require straight line acceleation grip, do you think its possible to run a 315mm tire in the rear and a 285mm tire up front without running into any issues with ABS or traction control kicking in due to the different diameter ratio between the front/rear tires?

Thanks in advance!

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
the stock rear tire width on a ZL1 is 305 mm. You can run a staggered setup without the ABS/Traction control interefering interfering.
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
1LE comes with the same exact wheel setup as the ZL1, 20x10 Front 20x11 rear, a 315 would look proper on the 20x11 or the 305 that comes stock on the ZL1
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #4
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
ayousef,

Off topic, sorry.

Ah I was wondering who the 416 was going to. I was up to New Era a bit ago and the Whipple for this car was still setting in the office, that whole build is gonna be a beast!!! My 1LE will be going up to them for a tune soon. The 416 caught my attention and I might just have to look a bit more into something similar.

Cheers - Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
Hey guys,

This is an all out max effort whipple 2.9 build on a 2013 1le straight off the factory floor.

Im trying to understand for starters if the wheel widths are the exact widths as the ZL1 wheels. I know the diameter is the same, just concerned about the widths since the ZL1 comes with a 315mm tire in the back, and if the width was the same the wheel would be sticking out in an ugly way with a 285mm tire.

Anyone try to stagger tire widths on a 1le? I know the squared tire dimensions has shown to be superior on the track but for a high hp vehicle that will never see track duty and mostly require straight line acceleation grip, do you think its possible to run a 315mm tire in the rear and a 285mm tire up front without running into any issues with ABS or traction control kicking in due to the different diameter ratio between the front/rear tires?

Thanks in advance!
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
ayousef,

Off topic, sorry.

Ah I was wondering who the 416 was going to. I was up to New Era a bit ago and the Whipple for this car was still setting in the office, that whole build is gonna be a beast!!! My 1LE will be going up to them for a tune soon. The 416 caught my attention and I might just have to look a bit more into something similar.

Cheers - Todd
Todd,

No problem! That car is for a friend of mine who lost his mind after I started my build so its actually headed over to Dubai when its done! should be an insane daily driver when its done.

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote