Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #99
blakeequalshyphy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Okay so I want to clear up some things about people saying it is not random. This is my reasoning:

I work in downtown LA and I have a set parking structure I always park at, close to the Staples Center. I've been parking there where all other employees park too, because we have to get our name looked at before entering. But that day, there was a lot of events going on, including "LA Live Concert" at and around the Nokia Center across from Staples Center, so I was asked to park in a different structure (the Nokia Center parking). This parking structure is brand new so I wasn't too worried about my car, I actually felt better because it was well lit and had cameras. So I cruise up to the entrance and I told the person directing traffic they told me to park here for the day. The person did not check my name, nor ask what exactly I do so I just went all the way down to the last level and parked my car in the corner where practically no cars were parked. I had my own separate parking next to a pillar so I was not taking up two spots and no one was parked directly next to me, so I felt fine about that. I then noticed that the parking lot was open for everyone, including people going to LA Live and the LA Clippers game across the street.

So pretty much no one would have known I was parked down there, because it was so out of the ordinary. I did not cut anyone of nor did I make any beef with anyone driving of any kind. The security of the parking garage has yet to call me back so I am taking action in writing a letter to the company and insisting that my case gets looked on.

As of now my car is sitting in the garage..honestly it is hard to look at my car. It is so devastating to look at and I have yet to tell any of my friends or family. As weird as it sounds, I am almost embarrassed to bring my car out now. I look on the bright side, at least this is fixable and no one was hurt, because if some asshole can do THIS to such a beautiful car, I'm sure that same asshole wouldn't mind trying to jump me or steal the car..
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #100
Googs

Drives: 2010 2LT_RS Black
Sorry man this hurt me. makes want to call every girl i even knew to make sure we are on good terms
Googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #101
len56

Drives: 2010, or 2011 Yellow Camaro2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
In South Africa, some cars get equipped with flamethrowers by the doors. This, with a good security system might be a great idea to prevent something like this!!!

+ loswer-vandal detecting camera (for when your not around)
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #102
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
My friend is studying for the bar, and suggested that you sue the parking structure.

In your letter written by your attorney, you demand to see the tapes and say that you believe that it's an inside job.

You want to see for yourself if anyone can be identified or if the parking structure is just trying to cover up their responsibility.

Here's another thought. You will now have to say when you sell your car that it has been repainted which is not good for resale. You should hold the parking structure liable.

Usually/sometimes attornies with write a letter for you for around a couple of hundred of bucks or so unless you have a friend who is an attorney.

Think about this as an option to consider.

Hope everything gets worked out in your favor.

Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #103
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
That sucks. I know you say it's random but statistics say otherwise when it comes to being keyed to the extent your car was especially when someone took time to write F U on the truck. Mistaken identity maybe?

A good friend of mine used to enjoy dating as many girls as he could. He had a brand new black '96 Mustang GT with silver BOSS graphics back in the day. We went to a suburban mall and parked randomly. When we came out his car had been keyed on every panel and had SLUT wrote into the hood through the graphics. He was questioned a lot by his insurance because they said it wasn't random.

He didn't know until a year or so later that a friend of a girl he dated found out she keyed his car. His black Mustang with BOSS graphics was rare and unmistakably his car and when she happened to see it in the mall parking lot she keyed it.

I'm not saying this happened to you but the Camaro is still rare and rather unmistakable when found. So if you do claim it be prepared to answer some probing questions.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 AM   #104
blakeequalshyphy

if anyone from the Southern California is reading this and knows of the best custom paint job places and you please let me know. thanks..
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #105
429 boss mustang

Drives: 2004 F-150 new body
Man.... That freaking blows. Sorry to hear that happened to you. i joined here to post on this page. My 04 f-150 has dents all in it from somebody hitting it. So now i gotta put it in the shop to get it fixed. That keyed mark looks pretty deep. ouch. Nice car btw.
429 boss mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 AM   #106
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Wow! I cant believe low life people can stoop that low. Actually I can.

You have something nice (cos you worked hard for it)
I have shit to drive (cos I like to laze around and and do nothing)
I key your car and feel much better!!

B@STARDS!!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #107
blakeequalshyphy

So I'm going to have to custom paint the whole car which will cost over 5k with a 500 deductible. I am still dealing with the parking lot security and my job. Hopefully they will cover it all.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #108
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
spend 500 for a beater car and leave your nice car at home. i suggest this only if it is feasible and you dont feel your nice car will be vandalized where you live. if you have some kind of enemies they might come back.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #109
CRYMFTR265
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro 2SS\RS
Well, I have read your post and after reviewing your last one about how you parked out of site and no one would have known where your car was parked. I have drawn to the conclusion that maybe it was a parking deck employee? Very probable..............
CRYMFTR265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #110
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
wow that sucks, if someone did that to my car, they better pray the cops find them before i do:fighting0040:
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #111
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Unhappy I AM SO SORRY FOR YOU

Sucks that people have to vandalize another person's property just for the sake of destroying something that another person worked so hard for...

That being said, I do believe in kharma...

I just hope you are able to get your 'baby' painted and 'good as new' as soon as possible...

I feel your pain...even though it is YOUR car that got 'hurt'...

When one Camaro is 'hurt', I also 'hurt' for that Camaro and that Camaro's owner...
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #112
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
What system do you use?

SPYMASTER: Just curious what system you use on your vehicles??
I was looking at some hobby cameras and motion sensors but nothing in kit form, any suggestions???

blakeequalshyphy: Sorry to hear about the car, Maybe take the insurance money and add a little to get a custom paint job. A little sob might get the body shop to help you out, if not ....theres always "overhaulin"!!!, Get the the ole' Chipster to do it.
Phantom.5SS is offline   Reply With Quote