Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #85
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Well, I've had the car back for a week now and everything seems fine so far. New WMB and 5th bow. I've been cycling the top every chance I get to wring out the system. It been warm here lately (high 80's), and my problem with the 5th bow seemed to occur at cooler temps (mid 50's). I believe it was the water management bag that caused the bow breaks. The old design was too small, and the material is not pliable enough at cooler temps to fit the top adequately. Time will tell.
I like the fit of my current top, and since the bulletins were performed, I've had no wear problems. I pray there are no more issues as I drive the last 5K miles of my warranty...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #86
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Well, I've had the car back for a week now and everything seems fine so far. New WMB and 5th bow. I've been cycling the top every chance I get to wring out the system. It been warm here lately (high 80's), and my problem with the 5th bow seemed to occur at cooler temps (mid 50's). I believe it was the water management bag that caused the bow breaks. The old design was too small, and the material is not pliable enough at cooler temps to fit the top adequately. Time will tell.
I like the fit of my current top, and since the bulletins were performed, I've had no wear problems. I pray there are no more issues as I drive the last 5K miles of my warranty...
keeping my fingers crossed for you, and everyone else with problems, and in fact for myself too.LOL
Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #87
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
bodih,
good luck,I hope that your issues are now resolved.
I would agree with your assessment of the water bag.I think the original version is part of the complex problem on why the 5th bow fails and why the water bags leak.
I think the older bags held too much water(unable to drain out) or were not pliable enough to compress when roof retracted.
I had my 5th bow repaired and New water bag installed(with newer version) spring and summer 2012 and so far have held up.My vert is currently in winter storage so we will see if these components hold up again this year...time will tell..
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #88
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
keeping my fingers crossed for you, and everyone else with problems, and in fact for myself too.LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
bodih,
good luck,I hope that your issues are now resolved.
I would agree with your assessment of the water bag.I think the original version is part of the complex problem on why the 5th bow fails and why the water bags leak.
I think the older bags held too much water(unable to drain out) or were not pliable enough to compress when roof retracted.
I had my 5th bow repaired and New water bag installed(with newer version) spring and summer 2012 and so far have held up.My vert is currently in winter storage so we will see if these components hold up again this year...time will tell..
Thanks guys. You're sure to hear from me if it happens again.

Still lovin' my car though...

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #89
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Thanks guys. You're sure to hear from me if it happens again.

Still lovin' my car though...
Yeah I got out last weekend and was able to put the top down both Saturday and Sunday. You just can't beat these cars driving with the top down. And now with my new exhaust I have a bigger grin when driving...