Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #43
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
No response in over a week.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I wouldnt buy another mcleod to save my life...Wait til you have issues with one of theres
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #45
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

LOL.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #46
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Update: More squeeling and chatter is getting worse...
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more

Last edited by Heliwrench; 04-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #47
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
It's breaking in nicely. I have very little chatter at all and that only happens at very low rpm starts, I'll be at the track tomorrow looking for mid 12s, with just bolt ons.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #48
USArmy

Drives: 6.2 Liter Supercharged, LS3
[QUOTE=Steve@SNLPerformance;4750155]I'm a little concerned as this is not the norm for my clutches at all. I'm Steve, I own both SNL Performance and Monster Clutch Co.

Have you contacted us about your issues or did you get frustrated and immediately head to the forums? I can't help if I'm not informed. Give me a call at the shop - 817-750-2000 - and I'll go over all your frustrations and help you start enjoying your Monster.

Agreed!

It could be installation, it could be driver, or it could very well be that we're human and made a mistake. Either way this can be handled easily with a phone call.

Corrected for you, thanks for the kind words!

These clutches love abuse.

Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
I was promised by them that their new Monster Twin Disc was going to go in my car. Every time i called to make sure they had the clutch, i got a different excuse. I had an appt set up to have a GForce 9" rear end and driveshaft installed so i figured i would do the clutch at the same time. I did not want a single disc installed in my car. I had a feeling they were giving me the run around on the clutch and told them i was ordering a McLeod as a back up plan. He said good, and he would buy my McLeod off me on the day of the install.

Well guess what....on the day of the install the flywheels came back machined wrong....yea, right! Anyway, the McLeod is in my car and i love it. Oh, the Monster Twin disc is still nowhere to be found. I wish people would be straight and quit the BS![/QUOTE]

You're correct Jim, I did tell you I wanted to put our twin in your car and that we were waiting for the final touches on the final prototype. There were delays that were explained to you along the way and when it came down to the wire I didn't install the part in your car because the machine work wasn't correct. This isn't bullshit, this isn't a lie, this isn't nor was it made up, this is the truth. Why would I lie to you and install something in your car that wasn't correct?! I know you frequent the forums and I respect you as a customer, why would I put something sub-par in your car? I wouldn't, and that is why you don't have a Monster in your car and that is the sole purpose I had my tech install your McLeod. I do not install competitors clutches, however, I told you I would do something and I didn't deliver, so I installed your clutch like I said I would.

That same, now correctly machined, twin is in my personal car and is working flawlessly.

Thanks!

Thanks again.

Thanks again!

My answer would be, more than likely you're being too nice to the unit during break in. Don't be afraid to drive the car moderately. The last thing you want to do is to slip the unit too much, cause a glaze to build up on the unit, and later have to deal with a clutch that chatters slightly and squeals on occasion. Since you're at 300 miles my recommendation would be a track outing. That will clear up any inconsistencies left in the material and offer you a smooth functional unit.
Steve,

I called you guys a couple of times and EVERY time Chris told me that the problem was my driving habits which I found really funny as my son's Corvette has a McLeod and it works PERFECTLY fine as a DAILY driver. Just like "The Sin", I called your shop every time HOPING to find REAL customer service (either upgrade to a twin clutch or some other fix). Instead (sadly, but necessary to mention), I realize that you are more of a "lip service" than customer service. Bottom line is that we had to re-balance the flywheel and the vibration is gone. However, after 2,500 miles on your Monster clutch the chatter and the embarrasing noise are still there!! If you say that your Stage 3 is good for street and track, then why would you have to beat the crap out of it "to make it work properly?" I am so disappointed with your product that I have been driving my son's Z06 while my car remains parked. By the way, I have not heard of any noises or experienced any chatter while driving the Corvette. I am contemplating a Hendrix-Performance, McLeod or ACT for my Camaro. I am just very frustrated that I called you to somehow remedy this problem and all I got was "good lip service", but no decisive solution. I threw my money away by trying your product and like others in this forum, I am telling the story based on my own personal experience.
6.2 Liter Supercharged, 6-speed manual, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Airaid Cold Air Intake, 1 7/8 powder coated Kooks Headers, 3" MBRP full catback exhaust (T304 Stainless), BMR Differential Bushings, Spohn Performance Trailling Arms, BMR Fabrication Rear Cradle Bushings (Delrin), G-Force 1400HP Axles, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, Nitto 555R Drag Radials, custom tune
USArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #49
USArmy

Customer Service or Lip Service????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNLPerformance View Post
To anyone else; If you find yourself having questions of any kind on Monster Clutches do not hessitate to contact me directly. Our shop number is 817-750-2000, my personal email is Steve@monsterclutches.com, I'm right next to one or another throughout the day and I will personally get back with you. PM'ing me will not nearly be as quick because, as you can see, I don't frequent these forums as often as I would like.

Our units, when installed and broken in properly, are designed to provide you with a single disc clutch that offers smooth engagement and the potential to take a tremendous amount of punishment. It's what makes us who we are and it's what we stand behind. If you are ever unsatisfied with my product I encourage you to let me know first. Most of the time these things are cleared up very easily and will get you back to enjoying your Monster.

Thanks to all here for the kind words, let me know if you all have any other questions.
Steve,

I called you guys a couple of times and EVERY time Chris told me that the problem was my driving habits which I found really funny as my son's Corvette has a McLeod and it works PERFECTLY fine as a DAILY driver. Just like "The Sin", I called your shop every time HOPING to find REAL customer service (either upgrade to a twin clutch or some other fix). Instead (sadly, but necessary to mention), I realize that you are more of a "lip service" than customer service. Bottom line is that we had to re-balance the flywheel and the vibration is gone. However, after 2,500 miles on your Monster clutch the chatter and the embarrasing noise are still there!! If you say that your Stage 3 is good for street and track, then why would you have to beat the crap out of it "to make it work properly?" I am so disappointed with your product that I have been driving my son's Z06 while my car remains parked. By the way, I have not heard of any noises or experienced any chatter while driving the Corvette. I am contemplating a Hendrix-Performance, McLeod or ACT for my Camaro. I am just very frustrated that I called you to somehow remedy this problem and all I got was "good lip service", but no decisive solution. I threw my money away by trying your product and like others in this forum, I am telling the story based on my own personal experience.
6.2 Liter Supercharged, 6-speed manual, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Airaid Cold Air Intake, 1 7/8 powder coated Kooks Headers, 3" MBRP full catback exhaust (T304 Stainless), BMR Differential Bushings, Spohn Performance Trailling Arms, BMR Fabrication Rear Cradle Bushings (Delrin), G-Force 1400HP Axles, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, Nitto 555R Drag Radials, custom tune
Old 04-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #50
USArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
No response in over a week.
Sin,

I got the same answer...
Chris said that I don't have "good" driving habits. I guess because I don't dump the clutch at 6,000 RPMs every time that I am taking off! I wanted to see if they would offer some kind of a fix, but...I am still waiting. Maybe we just don't know how to drive. Surprisingly, the problems that we experience don't happen with other brand clutches
Old 04-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #51
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Yes, Isnt that funny.. they're not able to complete the proper customer service. Thats enough for me to not recommend the product to others.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #52
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by USArmy View Post
Steve,

Couldnt have said it better myself. And professionally put sir.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #53
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
My latest response from Monster:
I guess I need to spend another $800 or so dollars to have the clutch removed, inspected, repaired, then re-installed. At this point based on what I have experienced and what others in this forum have as well I think it is safe to assume that this is not a very good clutch for the street. It is a strip performer and will hold power much better than the stock piece, but it is not very street friendly. Maybe this should be disclosed in the description of the product. I also do not doubt that there are many using this clutch who are very happy with it, maybe it performs better in other vehicles, just not so well in a 5th gen.

There are only a handful of things that can make this happen, they are listed below -
  • Fluid contamination on the disc causing chatter
  • Improper torque specs used when installing clutch
  • Damaged pilot bearing
  • Disc bent during install
  • Mis-machined pressure plate
  • Incomplete break in
We need to get the clutch out to figure out what is going on. We've got thousands of happy customers with Level 3's in their cars, we will get to the bottom of what is causing yours. Let me know when you can get it out.

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to update you on my clutch issues. I now have about 650-street miles on the car, I went to the track once like you suggested and the clutch problem I have when engaging 1st gear has not improved. The transition into 1st gear is very bad, the whole car shakes until the gear engages fully. The only way I can avoid this is to literally pop it into gear without any slipping at all, which is not a pratical thing. At this point I am very frustrated and decided to post here rather than the Camaro5 forum.

2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 05-09-2012 at 09:24 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #54
USArmy

Sorry to hear that

[QUOTE=newmoon;4904170]My latest response from Monster:
I guess I need to spend another $800 or so dollars to have the clutch removed, inspected, repaired, then re-installed. At this point based on what I have experienced and what others in this forum have as well I think it is safe to assume that this is not a very good clutch for the street. It is a strip performer and will hold power much better than the stock piece, but it is not very street friendly. Maybe this should be disclosed in the description of the product. I also do not doubt that there are many using this clutch who are very happy with it, maybe it performs better in other vehicles, just not so well in a 5th gen.

There are only a handful of things that can make this happen, they are listed below -
  • Fluid contamination on the disc causing chatter
  • Improper torque specs used when installing clutch
  • Damaged pilot bearing
  • Disc bent during install
  • Mis-machined pressure plate
  • Incomplete break in
We need to get the clutch out to figure out what is going on. We've got thousands of happy customers with Level 3's in their cars, we will get to the bottom of what is causing yours. Let me know when you can get it out.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM, wrote:
Hi Steve,

Just wanted to update you on my clutch issues. I now have about 650-street miles on the car, I went to the track once like you suggested and the clutch problem I have when engaging 1st gear has not improved. The transition into 1st gear is very bad, the whole car shakes until the gear engages fully. The only way I can avoid this is to literally pop it into gear without any slipping at all, which is not a pratical thing. At this point I am very frustrated and decided to post here rather than the Camaro5 forum.

Hey,
Sorry to hear that. Certainly this clutch is of inferior quality. I was asked about it this past weekend at the Camaro/Corvette meet and I just directed them to this forum. I think Hendrix-Engineering is the good word out there...

Last edited by USArmy; 05-09-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Hes the street slayer is going to be the lovely upgrade... Cant wait to get the monster out from under my car.. The vibration scares the kids.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #56
chiel

Drives: 1959 p/u and s/c ls3 th400
I a bad driver too, who did not break in clutch properly and put a little bit too much hp to it, i know its my fault. i now driving a twindisc centerforce and loving it.

Flywheel en pressureplate also destroyed.
chiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutches, level 3, mistake, monster, racing