Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #309
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
So does my car. I get more and more excited everytime i take her out. I have to take a run to the beach a few times a month. We have been talking about it soo much I will be taking my car back out on Wednesday. I can never pass up a quick little run through the local southern California mountains. Especially when the weather has been so good this last week or so. Last week was the Scion this week the Mazda.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #310
blade_ss

The LT's should get pretty good gas milage. That is if you keep you right foot out of it. LOL. Something the might be hard to do driving a Camaro around.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #311
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
The LT's should get pretty good gas milage. That is if you keep you right foot out of it. LOL. Something the might be hard to do driving a Camaro around.
Exactly my problem. Haven't seen good gas mileage too often in my LT, cause I can't slow it down.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #312
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words Jim. I'm now going to be watching your blog for any updates. It's true I have been stalking C5 since the release of the concept. I'm a camaro enthusiast from the beginning. I guess I will have to actually make some posts now. You all make me jealous looking at all the amazing cars.
Off Topic, and I hope you don't mind Krate...

Marcus, what can you tell me about AT&T phones and international location calls... I do not have an international plan as they are hugely expensive, though that may be my next option...

A number of years ago, I was an AT&T customer and got tired of dropped calls and other issues, probably more related to where I was than the service...

I am with another company now, have been since I left AT&T. My problem is I work in Brazil, and the last couple of times I have come down here, I haven't been able to use my phone... This is a big concern for me as I have been stranded in airports down here several times, no one knew where I was, nor were any expecting me, and so there I was, with no way to communicate and no where to go...

Several guys I work with have AT&T iphones, and they never have problems... Is it me, the service, the phones, ??? I have the Droid X with service through Verizon, and while my phone used to hook up down here, it doesn't anymore... I get a roaming indicator, but nothing else... I dial the country code... just like I always have...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #313
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Marcus, what can you tell me about AT&T phones and international location calls... I do not have an international plan as they are hugely expensive, though that may be my next option...

A number of years ago, I was an AT&T customer and got tired of dropped calls and other issues, probably more related to where I was than the service...

I am with another company now, have been since I left AT&T. My problem is I work in Brazil, and the last couple of times I have come down here, I haven't been able to use my phone... This is a big concern for me as I have been stranded in airports down here several times, no one knew where I was, nor were any expecting me, and so there I was, with no way to communicate and no where to go...

Several guys I work with have AT&T iphones, and they never have problems... Is it me, the service, the phones, ??? I have the Droid X with service through Verizon, and while my phone used to hook up down here, it doesn't anymore... I get a roaming indicator, but nothing else... I dial the country code... just like I always have...
PMed with response.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #314
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
No worries Robert! It is all for a better cause! Improved communications! Hope the weather is treating you OK down south. And I do mean SOUTH! I wouldnt mind trying a little fishing down there. I know you are excited to get back and see your girl all back together. HOW EXCITING!!! I am following the thread closely. She is gonna be a screamer. Mine is just a moaner. LOL

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #315
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
No worries Robert! It is all for a better cause! Improved communications! Hope the weather is treating you OK down south. And I do mean SOUTH! I wouldnt mind trying a little fishing down there. I know you are excited to get back and see your girl all back together. HOW EXCITING!!! I am following the thread closely. She is gonna be a screamer. Mine is just a moaner. LOL
Moaning... I like, screaming makes me jump...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #316
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Moaning... I like, screaming makes me jump...
Maybe alot of that going on at CamFest! As soon as you light that off and hammer it at about 6500 coming out of the hole! LOL

Simi Valley, CA
Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #317
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Orange Krate is looking good!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #318
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Jim,
Now that you have an iphone....
I would love you to see my cars...

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #319
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
I am bringing Orange Krate, well really me, into the 21st century. This post is from my iPhone4. I am curious to see how it looks and works.

Amazing stuff these iPhones and Droids etc. I logged on and it looks like a PC entry.

Wow !!!

Those pics came out great. Good subject matter too.

I am sure that will be used a bunch at C5FestII !!

Nice...
Old 03-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #320
blade_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Wow !!!

Those pics came out great. Good subject matter too.

I am sure that will be used a bunch at C5FestII !!

Nice...
Everytime I use my iPhone camera I'm amazed. Not to mention all of the photo apps that are available. My favorite app is Pro HDR, and thats just one of many.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #321
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Everytime I use my iPhone camera I'm amazed. Not to mention all of the photo apps that are available. My favorite app is Pro HDR, and thats just one of many.
I downloaded the free "WoWCam" tonight with various funny and off the wall mod settings. I am going to check out Pro HDR. Thanks "Blade". (Marcus)

Simi Valley, CA
Old 03-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #322
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Thanks Blake! Orange Krate is getting ready for the gully washer that is suppose to hit this Saturday-Monday! It will be heading your way soon.
Look forward to seeing Orange Krate very soon! My Camaro is in need of a desperate wash. We keep getting dirty rain . I keep telling myself it'll be okay. It's working so far..
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote