Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
i want to know more about the digi controler how many setting can you make up and how fast is the switch?
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #30
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
I am curious about the solid axle conversion (pics) and the air ride
email
edward.coss@gmail.com
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #31
Iansane

Drives: 325is
The current Air Lift digital controller has only one ride height preset. It is all pressure based. You can adjust the preset to any pressure above 35psi. Or you can use the manual controls to fine tune your height.

Speed of the raise and lower is largely based on your size line. 1/4" line is the slowest but still fast enough for me and allows for fine tuning the ride height. 1/2" is fast, jarring, harder on suspension components and not very accurate using the ride height feature. 3/8" is quick and still a little too fast for my liking. Being that the Camaro alone weights about 3950lbs, 3/8 might not be as bad for a fill and dump rate.

As for ease of install, 1/4" hands down. 3/8" and 1/2" lines are not fun to find places for. 1/4" is much more flexible and bend radii can be much smaller without the worry of lines being kinked.

Air Lift is developing a new controller that has more presets, an advanced manifold and a spiffy new face. Contact Jesse@AirLift for more details
Iansane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #32
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Should be getting my kit by the end of next week!
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #33
the upcoming

Drives: 10'2SS/RS,94'toyoda,02'vette
sorry i havent been around to answer. i bought my kit used from a member on here, and actually had a lot of trouble with missing parts, that i had to get from airlift.
i mounted everything to plywood in my truck so i wouldnt have to drill into my car so much and sorry no pics.
i installed it my self with the help of a coworker, but we also had lift and air tools so couldnt say with how long it would take any one to install.

btw when is that new digy controler coming out?!?!?1
the upcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #34
the upcoming

Drives: 10'2SS/RS,94'toyoda,02'vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
"the upcoming"

Love your car!!! At what height do you drive your car at?

thanks bro
if your crusin super smooth hwy i wouldnt go lower than 35 to 40 psi
im usally around 50psi so i can turn with out worrying about bumps (FRONT) and i ride around 90-100psi in the rear you can go around 80 and be alright. I dont go as low as possible when driving, no point in risking it and i like the lowered look while driving defently never ride "cali style" with the front super high and the rear low.

with no air im about an inch off the ground in the front and i pick the back up like that ill rub.
the upcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:28 PM   #35
VictoryRacingEngines

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via AIM to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via MSN to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via Yahoo to VictoryRacingEngines

AIR LIFT FTW!
VictoryRacingEngines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #36
VictoryRacingEngines

Send a message via AIM to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via MSN to VictoryRacingEngines Send a message via Yahoo to VictoryRacingEngines
Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #37
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
I am also considering going this route. A couple of questions I have are alignment related to ride height. It sounds like the current controller only has 2 settings? Either up or down? I guess I would like to be able to drive at a somewhat lowered stance, then slam it as I cruise into the shows. Is this possible with this kit? And at what position do you align the car? At the most drivable height?

I obviously have a lot to learn here!

Thanks
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #38
VictoryRacingEngines

We set a ride height with the ones we have done and get it aligned at that point. From there the day to day ride is straight and you can go up or down depending on your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
I am also considering going this route. A couple of questions I have are alignment related to ride height. It sounds like the current controller only has 2 settings? Either up or down? I guess I would like to be able to drive at a somewhat lowered stance, then slam it as I cruise into the shows. Is this possible with this kit? And at what position do you align the car? At the most drivable height?

I obviously have a lot to learn here!

Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #39
Iansane

When aligning at the desired ride height, make sure to loosen all pivot bushings, jounce the car and retighten to factory specs. That will prevent excessive bushing wear and potentially strange driving characteristics associated with bushing "wind-up"
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 AM   #40
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
I was actually sponsored by AirLift on my Scion tC I used to have. I had their airbag kit with the digital controller. The car handled amazing. The digital controller that came with the kit was able to controller each corner of the car separately. Hopefully that's what the new controller for the Camaro kit will do. I would recommend them to anyone thinking about it. I know it's an import, but here's a picture of my old car with the bags.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #41
Iansane

GreenWithEnvy,
When do we get to see your Camaro on air?!
Old 11-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #42
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Finally got to order my Air Lift kit today!!!

Will post pics of the kit next week once its in my hands
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote