Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
It is very standard to get $3K-$4K below MSRP.
In the Hampton Roads area of Virginia which is heavy military and ex military, they give you discounts for just being a credit union member as well as a USAA member on top of everything else.
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #16
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Basically, as most guys in here will agree, if your dealer can't knock some coin off of a 2014, then find a new dealer, lol.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
F### me. up here in the great white north dealers won't go below msrp unless GM has some incentives going....

I guess I just need to find a dealer in the US that is closest to Washington State as possible and just have a car shipped to me.
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
chipset35

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
F### me. up here in the great white north dealers won't go below msrp unless GM has some incentives going....

I guess I just need to find a dealer in the US that is closest to Washington State as possible and just have a car shipped to me.
Dude, find a large dealer like Priority Chevy down here in Chesapeake VA, and have them ship it to you.
I did that when I bought my WRX....picked it out online, and several emails, phone calls, and faxes later...DONE.
Saved enough money that even paying for the $800 shipping I was strill ahead.
Just shop online, pick your car anywhere in the US at a large dealership and you are done.
If your local dealer wont sell below MSRP tell them to go blow.
Heck, I bet there are tons of dealers in California that will!
chipset35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
the rich dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipset35 View Post
Dude, find a large dealer like Priority Chevy down here in Chesapeake VA, and have them ship it to you.
I did that when I bought my WRX....picked it out online, and several emails, phone calls, and faxes later...DONE.
Saved enough money that even paying for the $800 shipping I was strill ahead.
Just shop online, pick your car anywhere in the US at a large dealership and you are done.
If your local dealer wont sell below MSRP tell them to go blow.
Heck, I bet there are tons of dealers in California that will!
thanks brother.... sad part is the "local" big dealership here has seen at least 10 vehicles bought in the last 15 years between my brother/wife and myself/wife. and still nothing.

so if anyone knows a good dealership on the west coast willing to "play" let me know. Thanks
Old 10-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
the rich dude

here's another question for you guys buying out of state. say I get the car shipped to Washington but buy the car in Cali, or in Detroit. DO i have to pay the sales tax from the state I bought the car in? Cause I know 100% I will have to pay Canadian tax when bringing the car across the border. Hate to pay tax twice, something I will have to factor into pricing if I do... Thanks!!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #21
SS-SuperSexy

Drives: Futuristic Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
here's another question for you guys buying out of state. say I get the car shipped to Washington but buy the car in Cali, or in Detroit. DO i have to pay the sales tax from the state I bought the car in? Cause I know 100% I will have to pay Canadian tax when bringing the car across the border. Hate to pay tax twice, something I will have to factor into pricing if I do... Thanks!!
You don't want to buy it from Cali, the sales tax will kill you!!!

Yes, I think you do have to pay sales tax from the state you bought the car. I would buy it from Oregon since they have no sales tax.
SS-SuperSexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
the rich dude

ok, thats what I was thinking then.... I guess I should look up the sales tax in each state and hit up the states with low to no sales tax then. The 12% I have to pay up here is MORE than enough!!!!! LOL
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #23
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-SuperSexy View Post
You don't want to buy it from Cali, the sales tax will kill you!!!

Yes, I think you do have to pay sales tax from the state you bought the car. I would buy it from Oregon since they have no sales tax.
You actually pay sales tax in the state where you register the vehicle. (the DMV will collect the taxes) I would also imagine that if you were a Canadian citizen and purchased a car in the US and brought it back with you, you would face some form of importation tax or duty.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Just got mine today.

MSRP was $38,740, I paid $36,997

1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #25
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Long story short, it was just below 46K sticker. After nearly $3000 in taxes and another $5-6K in extra warranties/protection etc. it came up to around $55,000. This is my dream car and I had it built the way i wanted, so...
EDIT: didn't mean to get to personal, I misread your topic
Man! you can't put a price on what you'll pay anything for. You got what you wanted and well worth it. Even I feel the 5thgens are priceless. You won! Your happiness is priceless. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #26
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Long story short, it was just below 46K sticker. After nearly $3000 in taxes and another $5-6K in extra warranties/protection etc. it came up to around $55,000. This is my dream car and I had it built the way i wanted, so...
EDIT: didn't mean to get to personal, I misread your topic
Man! you can't put a price on what you'd pay anything for. You got what you wanted and well worth it. Even I feel the 5thgens are priceless. You won! Your happiness is priceless. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #27
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
Just got mine today.

MSRP was $38,740, I paid $36,997

Wow! You must be best friends with the owner congrats! enjoy the beast.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #28
the rich dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
You actually pay sales tax in the state where you register the vehicle. (the DMV will collect the taxes) I would also imagine that if you were a Canadian citizen and purchased a car in the US and brought it back with you, you would face some form of importation tax or duty.
It's quite possible. I have friends and family who have brought vehicles 2-3 years old across with no duties. Just regular tax. I have to look into if there's anything on bringing a brand new car across?

So your saying if I buy I car in Cali that I wouldn't have to pay any tax then if I just had it shipped to the border?