Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
brotherben

Drives: 1994 camaro 6 cil. all stock
you guys look smart.

Hay guys, well today someone almost backed into me I have a 94 camaro. When I went to use the horn it did not work also I have power locks and the power lock does not work on my drivers side door but it does on my passenger side door (i have to lock the car on the passenger side) But on both side the unlock works. So I don't know if they are tied together ,but I would like to know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
brotherben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #2
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
I would suspect seperate problems here. Check the fuses first, then the horn relay, then the horn contact under the steering wheel. You can also try supplying 12v direct to the horn and make sure it isn't burned up. And replace your door lock switch.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherben View Post
Hay guys, well today someone almost backed into me I have a 94 camaro. When I went to use the horn it did not work also I have power locks and the power lock does not work on my drivers side door but it does on my passenger side door (i have to lock the car on the passenger side) But on both side the unlock works. So I don't know if they are tied together ,but I would like to know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.
I've had several electrical things that didn't work when I bought mine. Check the fuse panel under the hood. Pull each fuse and circuit breaker and replace. Seems its common for the contacts to loose connection after a while. Removing and replacing seems to fix most of the problems.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
-RO- Upgrade

Drives: 3.4 v6, black CamaRO
Send a message via Yahoo to -RO- Upgrade
Sup everyone, I got a question but u might not be able to help me with this one...lol See I am rebuilding my 95 camaro & can't wait till its done but I am putting a lambo door kit on it & its going to be gas powered but my question is " IS IT GOING TO WORK WITH A 130 DEGREE INSTEAD OF A 90 DEGREE " well if u kno please message me back or post, I would be very greatful cause this shit dont come cheap....lol
Old 09-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
brotherben

Hay guys I already checked the fuses inside. Tomorrow when I get home from school I'll check the fuse box under the hood and the other stuff mentioned. I'll get back to you and let you know how it's going.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
looks are intimidating
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Hay guys I already checked the fuses inside. Tomorrow when I get home from school I'll check the fuse box under the hood and the other stuff mentioned. I'll get back to you and let you know how it's going.
If not a fuse or the switch, I hate to say you may have some broken wires in the boot that is between the door and the body.. Had the same thing happen to an old Astro van I had.. Many years of flexing will break those tiny wires in there and you may not even be able to see where untill you grab each wire and flex it individually, If you have power windows you may have a problem soon with those wires also..
the horn should have nothing to do with the power door locks, more than likely the relay or horn it's self.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
hold on a min... im getting all the info and pics you guys need.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #9
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
ok ben. go out to your car, remove the bottom plastic pnl on the pass side, (#20 in this pic: http://shbox.com/1/ftbumper.jpg )
to access your horn.
check the wiring on the horn itself
you can see the horn and the connector in this pic: http://shbox.com/1/ft_signal.jpg
there should also be a vacuum line on the horn as well

clean the connector and make sure its on good.
check the horn, if that doesnt work, check the relay on the audio control module
http://shbox.com/1/flashers.jpg

might just be the relay or fuse for the horn, or the horn might be bad. mine went out on me, checked the fuses and relays, and it turned out to be a bad horn. 180k on it. so i swapped it out with a new one.

as for the door locks, your drivers side switch is probably bad.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RO- Upgrade View Post
Sup everyone, I got a question but u might not be able to help me with this one...lol See I am rebuilding my 95 camaro & can't wait till its done but I am putting a lambo door kit on it & its going to be gas powered but my question is " IS IT GOING TO WORK WITH A 130 DEGREE INSTEAD OF A 90 DEGREE " well if u kno please message me back or post, I would be very greatful cause this shit dont come cheap....lol
which way are you wanting to open them 130*? upwards? as long as the actuator and hinges are capable of supporting the weight of the doors, then yes it should work, but be careful as the mirror might come in contact with the front fender when the door is raised that way. also, you might have to extend all the wiring to the power windows/door locks/mirrors/etc so that it will reach without snagging when you open the doors all the way up.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
brotherben

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
ok ben. go out to your car, remove the bottom plastic pnl on the pass side, (#20 in this pic: http://shbox.com/1/ftbumper.jpg )
to access your horn.
check the wiring on the horn itself
you can see the horn and the connector in this pic: http://shbox.com/1/ft_signal.jpg
there should also be a vacuum line on the horn as well

clean the connector and make sure its on good.
check the horn, if that doesnt work, check the relay on the audio control module
http://shbox.com/1/flashers.jpg

might just be the relay or fuse for the horn, or the horn might be bad. mine went out on me, checked the fuses and relays, and it turned out to be a bad horn. 180k on it. so i swapped it out with a new one.

as for the door locks, your drivers side switch is probably bad.
Thanks I'll try tomorrow I don't have any tools. my friend does but its to late to bother him. By the way I checked the horn relay fuse in the fuse box and it was bad, I put a new one in and the horn is more like a light buzz than a horn, its barely hear-able (I make up words ). Also with my door lock problem when I use my key chain lock remote to lock the car the lights flash like it locks but you dont hear the lock click but the unlock you do hear it. So you said that its the driver side switch thats bad, hopefully when I replace it it will work.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
brotherben

I was wondering when you said "ok ben. go out to your car, remove the bottom plastic pnl on the pass side, (#20 in this pic: http://shbox.com/1/ftbumper.jpg )" is that in the car passenger side or under the hood? It looks like under the hood but the cut away pic is a little confusing. thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #13
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

sorry, pass side. didnt even realize there were two 20s in the pic.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Thanks I'll try tomorrow I don't have any tools. my friend does but its to late to bother him. By the way I checked the horn relay fuse in the fuse box and it was bad, I put a new one in and the horn is more like a light buzz than a horn, its barely hear-able (I make up words ). Also with my door lock problem when I use my key chain lock remote to lock the car the lights flash like it locks but you dont hear the lock click but the unlock you do hear it. So you said that its the driver side switch thats bad, hopefully when I replace it it will work.
so is it still locking when using the remote?

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: