Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
guthix

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/Black stripes
Need pics of corsa from undercarriage

So i made thread in the camaro issue's forum with no response or anything.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319625

I just installed my corsa exhaust about 3 weeks ago and i have been noticing this thud/thump sound coming from the passenger rear area whenever i hit a decent bump in the road. when a passenger is in the car the sound is intensified and happens over slight bumps not just intense ones.

I have grabbed, pulled, pushed my exhaust and cannot replicate the sound no matter what i do. anyone else ever have this issue?

So if you guys have a corsa exhaust and have a undercarriage shot please post them.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have these 2 pics from when my Corsa was installed at Jannettys, hope this can be some help for you

Old 10-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS

Only two I got. Hope it helps.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
guthix

Thanks guys i really appreciate that , you have no idea how hard it is to find those pics i did so many searches today lol. ill def print them out and reference them to mine. BTW how far do your tips stick out? i feel like mine arent out far enough i can barely see the corsa logo on top of the tip. ill try to unload a picture later.

any one else have pics closer to the the elbow pipes that connect to the cats? i wanna see the clearance around the area near the heat sheilds above them.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
Denis

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthix View Post
Thanks guys i really appreciate that , you have no idea how hard it is to find those pics i did so many searches today lol. ill def print them out and reference them to mine. BTW how far do your tips stick out? i feel like mine arent out far enough i can barely see the corsa logo on top of the tip. ill try to unload a picture later.

any one else have pics closer to the the elbow pipes that connect to the cats? i wanna see the clearance around the area near the heat sheilds above them.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
guthix

my tips def don't stick out that far. mine kind of end in the opening to the diffuser which ive kind of looked odd since ive installed it.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
guthix

anyone have any tips on how to bring the tips out of the holes in the diffuser more?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Denis

Quote:
anyone have any tips on how to bring the tips out of the holes in the diffuser more?
I would loosen everything up and adjust it all the way you want it to sit. Then tighten everything down. It helps to have a friend or someone to lend a extra set of hands.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
mine hit on the floor board passenger side,,,,had to wedge a 2x4 in there and tighten and tighten the clamps down. Everything sprung back for enough clearence
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
my tips def don't stick out that far. mine kind of end in the opening to the diffuser which ive kind of looked odd since ive installed it.
My tips stick out just right for me. I don't like em sticking out too far. These pics were taken with system cold. They actually stick out farther after I have been driving and the system is hot. Only thing I can think of to make em stick out farther would be to loosen up the clamps and pull the pipes out a little from where they slide into the expanded end. I was told by a Corsa customer rep that the pipes that slides into the expanded pipes only need to be 1/8" past the slits in the expanded pipe. You can actually slide them together more than that, which would make the tips not stick out as far. So maybe with a little tweaking you can get them more to your liking.
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
guthix

thanks for the advice guys , i really appreciate it. once the weather clears up(been raining last few days) ill have to see what i can do. ill be sure to post before and afters. I hate when people dont follow up their threads lol
Old 10-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
Denis

Quote:
thanks for the advice guys , i really appreciate it. once the weather clears up(been raining last few days) ill have to see what i can do. ill be sure to post before and afters. Il hate when people dont follow up their threads lol
Me too.....
Old 10-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
My tips stick out just right for me. I don't like em sticking out too far. These pics were taken with system cold. They actually stick out farther after I have been driving and the system is hot. Only thing I can think of to make em stick out farther would be to loosen up the clamps and pull the pipes out a little from where they slide into the expanded end. I was told by a Corsa customer rep that the pipes that slides into the expanded pipes only need to be 1/8" past the slits in the expanded pipe. You can actually slide them together more than that, which would make the tips not stick out as far. So maybe with a little tweaking you can get them more to your liking.
Mine are exactly like yours, they also grow when hot, lol. I'm like you, I cannot stand them sticking out too far.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 10-14-2013, 03:35 AM   #14
five-oh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
So i made thread in the camaro issue's forum with no response or anything.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319625

I just installed my corsa exhaust about 3 weeks ago and i have been noticing this thud/thump sound coming from the passenger rear area whenever i hit a decent bump in the road. when a passenger is in the car the sound is intensified and happens over slight bumps not just intense ones.

I have grabbed, pulled, pushed my exhaust and cannot replicate the sound no matter what i do. anyone else ever have this issue?

So if you guys have a corsa exhaust and have a undercarriage shot please post them.

Thanks guys.
I had the same problem when I first installed mine. I took my golf clubs out of the trunk and that seemed to resolve the problem.

Seriously though, I have had some thumping besides that and I can't figure it out either. Everything seems secure with good clearance. I thought it was from the crossbrace in the middle, but I have a good 1/2 clearance. It also seemed to go away after the car warmed up a bit.
five-oh is offline   Reply With Quote