Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
Backed up into my car

Ok guys last night this woman backed up into my car as she was leaving the pump at the gas station. My car was parked about 30 ft away from the pump and she decided to back out and hit my car. Idk how she managed it but she did. Its nothing crazy except a few scuffs and she hairline cracked the paint in one spot about 2 inches wide. i need a little help here because she said that she would pay for all the dama ges and when her ass%&?# boyfriend came he said all he would do is bring it to a local detailer and "buff it out" now i know its going to have to be fixed not just detailed. Ifthey refuse to pay for the damaged what should i do. My car was technically parked illegally but so far from the pumps that only a moron would manage this. I have her plate number nd cell number. Were going to her detailer tonight and once he tells her that it has to be painted and they refuse should i call the police then. Am i still able to file a report? help me out guys!!! i had a friend parked in that same spot a few weeks back nd he also got clipped but everything went in his favor.
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
I would file a report with police NOW. It doesnt matter if you were were parked illegally or not, it is her fault. You don't have to even take it to 'her' detailer. Take it where you think is a good shop. I would call your insurance as well. Did you get her insurance information?
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
2ndtimess
2ndtimeSS

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 speed Infernal Orange
If I were you I would file the report and get all your ducks in a row. Because it really does not matter where your car is parked the other driver has the responsibility not to hit any cars as do you or any other operator. He who hesitates is lost, you are going to get stuck unless you move fast.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Should have got her insurance info right then just in case they don't pay...

Ask me how I know I've tried the nice guy thing a few times, and have ended up being screwed EVERY time Those people ruined it for everyone else, any damage I get now, if I decide it's worth fixing, will go straight to their insurance.

I'm sure you could file a police report still, but nothing may come of it. Sucks it happened to you, and I hope it works out for the best.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
metthem

Any witnesses?
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Count this as a life lesson. CALL THE POLICE as soon as something like this happens and get a report. People will tell you anything to get out of the responsibility. Good luck with it, but I think you will be out the cash to get it fixed.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
metthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Should have got her insurance info right then just in case they don't pay...

I'm sure you could file a police report still, but nothing may come of it. Sucks it happened to you, and I hope it works out for the best.
The police report will be good for the insurance company to have. She won't get a ticket or anything cause it was private property, but he/she/queenz will have a report that shows there was an accident and he/she/queenz was not at fault.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Yup, should've gotten the insurance info.. I bought a brand new 4 door Jeep Wrangler (lifted, wheels, tires etc.) a couple years back. Some kid backed into it when there were only 400 miles on it. Luckily he came into the bar to find out who's Jeep it was. His Dad said they'd pay...yada, yada, yada. I never heard from them. I took it to MY dealer and they said, "We'll just send their insurance Co. the bill.". They did and I never heard anything since. That was 4 years ago.
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
metthem

Also, I wouldn't let anyone touch it till your insurance gives you the okay. If you take it to that detailer, before your insurance looks at it, they might not accept the claim, saying the detailer may have messed it up more or whatever. Insurance companies are shady and will look for any way to not pay a claim. Get your ducks lined up and maybe this will all work out for you. If you beat around the bush, it most likely won't. I believe when you have to get a repaint, and that ladys a**hole boyfriend sees the estimate, aint no way they are gonna pay you.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
jesserayjames

Drives: Drives a 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6M
You should have called the police right away.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
queenz700xx

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
There were many witnesses which are all my friends. I am meeting her today after work and get all her insurance info then because there is no way i will be paying for this. I wish i wasnt at work today the thing is when her boyfriend left she came up to me and told me she would take care of it even if it had to be painted and she said she would take it to her guy if it needed the paint and i know the guy who owns the place and he only does body work on high end car but im still taking her info as soon as i see her later.
queenz700xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
It is a hastle to deal with. It's YOUR car. Get her insurance info. and just tell her you're taking it to your place of choice. What will end up happening is you'll just keep getting the run-around. Get info.+Take to your dealer=
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Tell her boyfriend to mind his own business as this doenst involve him, then dont discuss anything with him. Its between you and her. Private property is going to hurt you, and being parked illegal is too. Let the insurance companies settle it out.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Private property ALL the Police are going to do is tell you to exchange information.
But you should have gotten her info THEN....
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote