Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Screeching sound when in motion

Last night about a mile from home, I felt AFM activate, followed by a clank, and then a horrible screeching sound (i.e., metal to metal rubbing), regardless of speed. The sound was also prevalent in straight-line movement, not specifically low-speed turning maneuvers. Parked the car at home, made an appointment to have it looked at today. 11,000 miles on the odometer.

I didn't hear the sound this morning, but the dealership says the TSB concerning rear axle chatter is the solution. They are replacing the rear axle seals and diff fluid, hopefully have the car back by tomorrow. I'm concerned that this might not be the true fix since the TSB seems to relate to noise at low-speed turning maneuvers. This screeching/squealing (it sounded like a loose belt) occured any time the car was in motion, and ceased when the car was stopped.

Any takers?

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote