Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #477
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Drives: (2010 2SS/L99) (1999 Corvette)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteRiverRacing View Post
I'm sorry but, Jeff is doing due diligence in case there is legal action. He came on here for them not us. I wonder how many cars the fbodfather has signed that don't work. I'm glad I didn't bring my 2010 pace up to CamarofestII.

I work with government contracts - suppliers do this all the time when they fail to perform.

They want us to go through the dealers so the SPC data doesn't bubble up to a level where they would legally obligated to do anything to fix it.

Jeff is their scout, they use this board for their own good, I would say they should be treated as a vendor except that would be disrespectful to the many fine vendors that truely support this board, the members and their cars.

Sorry for the rant, I've been stewing over this for quite awhile now.

A co-worker bought Hyundia(SP) last week, he raves about it, his module works, WTF.

Awaiting a response from Jeff.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #478
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
IMPORTANT:
Alright I have my paperwork from the dealer, just picked it up today... this proves that I got the 2nd to newest PDIM module 20927509 [DA/DX] under warranty from a TSB for my 2010 Camaro SS. You will see it as item 4 on the receipt. "FOUND PIC 5260 ORDER MPIN TO CORRECT. REPLACES MPIN A PROGRAMMED PER TSB- OK NOW."

I wasn't able to get the TSB number from them(sorry), they said they threw away the paper... but this is a step in the right direction anyways

Name:  receipt.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  189.7 KB
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #479
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Copied this from another thread just now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy View Post
Mine is fixed !!

After much complaining and getting Chevrolet Customer Service and the dealership service manager involved, I now have the 2011 PDIM with version DB/DB in my 2010 Camaro. For the longest time they would only agree to the DA/DX version since it was a 2010, even though I told them people were still having issues with that version.

The dealer kept saying GM would not allow the newer part to be installed on a 2010. I don't know who blinked first, GM or the dealer, but it was installed on Tuesday and I am happy to report NO issues since then with my Zune. Random works and stays on after the car is restarted, it does not switch songs at random, go back to the beginning of the alphabet, or freeze up anymore. It also indexes much faster. Only time will tell if it solved the problems completely since the issues before the upgrade were very random and erratic. So far, so good.

The woman I dealt with from Chevrolet Customer Service was very easy to deal with and very thorough with keeping me informed and checking on the progress of my repair. The only hiccup I had was when the dealer ordered the wrong PDIM. Other than that the service manager was great as well.

All I can say is be persistant, be polite in your request, but don't back down until they agree to it.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 AM   #480
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
What is the latest version? I have CC / CE and am having various difficulties with it.

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #481
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsilhouette View Post
What is the latest version? I have CC / CE and am having various difficulties with it.
I believe the latest is DB/DB... as seen above I just got the DA/DX which is the previous module before the DB/DB yesterday under warrant for my 2010 SS.

I myself also had the CC/CE one and had numerous problems I don't even want to start mentioning lol.

But all yesterday and this morning have been great so far with the newer DA/DX with ipod recognition and indexing.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #482
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
I believe the latest is DB/DB... as seen above I just got the DA/DX which is the previous module before the DB/DB yesterday under warrant for my 2010 SS.

I myself also had the CC/CE one and had numerous problems I don't even want to start mentioning lol.

But all yesterday and this morning have been great so far with the newer DA/DX with ipod recognition and indexing.
Great! Thanks I just called my salesperson at the dealer and described what has been said and what is needed and he said he would get with the appropriate people and get back with me as soon as he can. (And he's pretty good about getting things done for me, too.)

Related question for after I get this fixed, do the files on my thumb drive have to all be in the base directory or can they be in separate directories?

Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #483
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Great! Thanks I just called my salesperson at the dealer and described what has been said and what is needed and he said he would get with the appropriate people and get back with me as soon as he can. (And he's pretty good about getting things done for me, too.)

Related question for after I get this fixed, do the files on my thumb drive have to all be in the base directory or can they be in separate directories?
I can't speak to the DA/DX update, but I have DB/DB, and I use separate directories. In fact, I almost exclusively use the folder view when I'm searching because I've created playlists and stored them in separate folders.

You should be able to have as many directories as you want as long as you don't exceed the song limit (which I believe is 10,000). Keep in mind, though, if you have the same song in three different folders, it will count as three songs, not one. For example, if you have one song title stored in six different folders and another song title stored in only one folder, and you select "PLAY ALL" in the "RANDOM" mode, you will hear the first song six times more often than the second.

I hope that answers your question.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #484
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
I can't speak to the DA/DX update, but I have DB/DB, and I use separate directories. In fact, I almost exclusively use the folder view when I'm searching because I've created playlists and stored them in separate folders.

You should be able to have as many directories as you want as long as you don't exceed the song limit (which I believe is 10,000). Keep in mind, though, if you have the same song in three different folders, it will count as three songs, not one. For example, if you have one song title stored in six different folders and another song title stored in only one folder, and you select "PLAY ALL" in the "RANDOM" mode, you will hear the first song six times more often than the second.

I hope that answers your question.
Thanks for all the great info! Hopefully my dealer will get this sorted for me.

=edit=

Contacted one of our Camaro5 members who works at the local dealership and I'll be dropping my car off this Monday to get the PDIM upgraded and/or updated.

Last edited by Angelsilhouette; 05-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #485
kmcd
1,425 hp / supercharged

Quote:
Thanks for all the great info! Hopefully my dealer will get this sorted for me.

=edit=

Contacted one of our Camaro5 members who works at the local dealership and I'll be dropping my car off this Monday to get the PDIM upgraded and/or updated.
One last thing you might want to know. If you already have a PDIM in your car (obviously you do), and you upgrade to the latest PDIM, there is no need to reflash the radio. The new PDIM will come with the upgraded software already in it.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #486
Angelsilhouette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
One last thing you might want to know. If you already have a PDIM in your car (obviously you do), and you upgrade to the latest PDIM, there is no need to reflash the radio. The new PDIM will come with the upgraded software already in it.
Brilliant! I've written down the part # from the other thread to specify with them on Monday so I can sort of... Urge them to use that instead of re-flashing.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #487
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
So far, my experience has been that the SW update is utterly useless...Yes I'm a little bitter that I'm getting the run-around...
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #488
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart53 View Post
IMPORTANT:
Alright I have my paperwork from the dealer, just picked it up today... this proves that I got the 2nd to newest PDIM module 20927509 [DA/DX] under warranty from a TSB for my 2010 Camaro SS. You will see it as item 4 on the receipt. "FOUND PIC 5260 ORDER MPIN TO CORRECT. REPLACES MPIN A PROGRAMMED PER TSB- OK NOW."

I wasn't able to get the TSB number from them(sorry), they said they threw away the paper... but this is a step in the right direction anyways
This is now the 3rd to newest. There is a new one out that just came out a month or so ago. We have sold a few of them already. In one of these PDIM threads someone has posted the part number and the HW/SW version. I'm not in the office right now so I forget the part number.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #489
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
This is now the 3rd to newest. There is a new one out that just came out a month or so ago. We have sold a few of them already. In one of these PDIM threads someone has posted the part number and the HW/SW version. I'm not in the office right now so I forget the part number.
Gene, just purchased one on your website, can you ensure I get the newest one available, not sure which Part number I put in. Thanks
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #490
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Gene, just purchased one on your website, can you ensure I get the newest one available, not sure which Part number I put in. Thanks
We talked through PM, but just to let everyone know, I keep an eye on the part numbers and if someone orders an older one I change it to the newest one.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote