Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #71
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
This exact thing happened to one of my buddies with a stock 45th SS lol. He went with me for a ride last week and he texted me that his car doesn't seem fast anymore lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
I think this summarizes what the whole V6 FI thing is all about. Of course the 6.2 can be coaxed into 800-900HP but honestly out on the street unless you're running illegal tires and a track set up and ahem, breaking the law, its only useful in conversation at A&W on a Friday night.

Having a FI kit on a V6 is a bit unusual and a little offbeat but it gives you the power to play with just about anything out there.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #72
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I think this summarizes what the whole V6 FI thing is all about. Of course the 6.2 can be coaxed into 800-900HP but honestly out on the street unless you're running illegal tires and a track set up and ahem, breaking the law, its only useful in conversation at A&W on a Friday night.

Having a FI kit on a V6 is a bit unusual and a little offbeat but it gives you the power to play with just about anything out there.
I'll say before someone else does, then just buy an SS and mildly mod it.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #73
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Somebody's asking for trouble.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #74
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

I mean c'mon, who REALLY buys a V6 and mods it
Old 07-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #75
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Well, I could list some of the common reasons, but I'll refrain.
[Avoid the suspension hammer when possible]
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #76
SIXJAK

Quote:
I'll say before someone else does, then just buy an SS and mildly mod it.

I know right? Why buy an AWD WRX STi and waste your money modding it when you can get a used 911 turbo for about the same price if you're patient. You'll have an 11 second car right out of the box.

Personally, I kind of live for that awkward moment that comes after someone asks: "Didja get the V8?"
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #77
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Jak....anxious to talk with him. Outside feedback is AWAYS good, and as most know we are always making improvements when we can see them.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #78
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
or worse... mod the wife's v6!

This is one of the reasons I love being a V6 enthusiast... some of the post are pretty funny...

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437
Old 07-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #79
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Jak....anxious to talk with him. Outside feedback is AWAYS good, and as most know we are always making improvements when we can see them.
PM sent as well as text to my installer letting him know to email you.

Update.

My car is actually at the dealer getting a rattle looked at that occurs under moderate to heavy acceleration. The transmission tunnel heat shield is the culprit. One of the main reasons I ditched the SOLO catback last November was because of that noise. The local muffler shop and I chased that sound for months to no avail.

With the installation of the ARK, 95% of it went away. It's been growing worse and worse however especially since the Hurst STS install. What would most dealers do in this case? Here's what mine is doing: they're fixing it under warranty.

You think when it comes time to buy 6 new cars for marketing, we're going to buy Challengers or Mustangs from their competitor across the street? Not likely. These guys have been exceptional.

I took it in yesterday and it's been quite the bugaboo. It will be ready in the morning. And then it's hitting the alignment rack tomorrow @ 1pm
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #80
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
TBSS thread is tooo funny!!!!! LMAO!!

Jak your Chevy dealer is what the rest should use as an example of how to treat there customers if they want return business.

And we built a few of those for that group.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #81
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
TBSS thread is tooo funny!!!!! LMAO!!

Jak your Chevy dealer is what the rest should use as an example of how to treat there customers if they want return business.

And we built a few of those for that group.
Wasn't it!!! I about fell out of my chair laughing!! And THAT is what makes having a quick V6 so much fun!!! LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #82
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Wasn't it!!! I about fell out of my chair laughing!! And THAT is what makes having a quick V6 so much fun!!! LOL
You should wear you pope hat next time. Then maybe you'll get some respect.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #83
Pierce34

Drives: 2010 2LT 6Spd
Jak,

What was the dealership going to do to fix the rattle from the exhaust? I have the SOLO exhaust and it has been driving me nuts as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #84
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
or worse... mod the wife's v6!

This is one of the reasons I love being a V6 enthusiast... some of the post are pretty funny...

http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78437
You sir just made my week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34 View Post
Jak,

What was the dealership going to do to fix the rattle from the exhaust? I have the SOLO exhaust and it has been driving me nuts as well.
Does it sound like this at all??

As some of you know I have created a thread about some random squeak and I haven't been able to pin point it. I'll pop my hood because it sounds like it's coming from the engine bay. However when I listen to the engine bay it is hard to hear, granted there is a lot of other noise in there too. However when I lay down on either side or in front of the car I can hear it. I'm wondering if it's an exhaust leak. However I didn't think an exhaust leak sounded like that. Like I said in my other thread, I'll have an automotive stethoscope this weekend so hopefully I can pin point it.

However I do not have SOLO exhaust. Just ARH LT headers, high flow cats, stock SS mid pipes and MRT v1 exhaust. Anyone ideas? I originally thought it was a bearing going bad in a pulley, but it sounds like it coming from the driver said header or under the car...

Closed Thread

Tags
lol