Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #29
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Get the gray one. The dealer has already "broken it in" for you and hopefully has had all of the bugs taken care of. Just let him know that you expect it to be treated as a BRAND NEW CAR when you plunk down the gills for it, although they're all "used" as soon as they leave the dealership.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #30
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
I don't think CGM is going to be extinct. Last I saw is that it was on constraint for the remainder of 2011 model year, but I haven't seen anything that says that it's gone
Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #31
chuckm

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro
Get the black then put the silver rally stripes on it. When people pass me they stare at the car. I park as far from stores as I can and I come out and cars are stopped and checking it out.
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #32
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
Get the black then put the silver rally stripes on it. When people pass me they stare at the car. I park as far from stores as I can and I come out and cars are stopped and checking it out.

I love that color combo!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #33
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Cyber gray with polished wheels, or have him swap the wheels to the black one.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #34
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I do not have a horse in this race , but i can ask you a question this way , you have a choice to pic a girlfriend from a set of twins , one as been around the [ block] a few times the other is brand new never used or even sat on for a moment , which one will you pic . GET THE BLCK ONE
That sums it up nicely

I agree. Get the black. It's brand new/no miles, and looks very sexy all the time, even when a bit dirty.

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #35
TJ's MARO

Drives: Fully Loaded Black on Black 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakir2018 View Post
Aight guys, so I'm 17 years old and my dad and I are going to the chevy dealership TOMORROW to pickup a 2011 Camaro. We went earlier in the week to test drive the car and now the only decision I have to make is what color to choose! The first one is Cyber Gray Metallic. It has the RS package and the 20" polished aluminum wheels. The second one is Black. It also has the RS package but no polished wheels. They are both 2LT models as my dad does not trust me with a V8 and I plan on putting stripes on either car I choose. The only thing is, the Cyber Gray Camaro has been driven by a dealer whose been working there. This means its has mileage on it but they still consider it to be new. My dealer said he will have both cars 100% perfect for me when I go to make my decision but it's still something to consider... The black one still had the plastic on the seats and steering wheel. I still don't know which one to pick, what are your thoughts???
BLACK! of course i am biased, as i also have a 2LT RS and i warn you, the black is a bitch to keep clean, and even when it is clean im using the oil rag to get dust off, but when its freshly cleaned and the polish is complete, wow imo the best color of the camaro.
TJ's MARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #36
BLcamaro10

Drives: Black silver RS 10
Black n silver
BLcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #37
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
If they are considering it new then have them add those miles on to the warrranty. For example, if the car has 700 miles then have him make the warranty 5 years/100,700 miles. Shouldn't be a big deal as I've had dealers tell me this.
Manufacturers warranty is 3 years/36,000 mile. How are they going to tack on 2 more years and over an additional 60,000 miles because it has 700 mile on it? Or are you talking about powertrain? I think powertrain is already 5 years/100,000 miles, haggling for 700 miles might not be worth it.....
Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #38
catalan

Drives: -
Cyber Grey or Black? I'd go for Black definitely ... Otherwise Silver Ice is the best ..
catalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #39
OPP

Drives: 2018 MBM ZL1 Auto
You are 17 years old. Go with black. You have all the time right now to keep that car looking beautiful. When you are older you will not have as much time as you have now to keep it clean and then you will want a lighter color. You will regret not getting that black Camaro when you wee young when you had the time to keep it looking beautiful. Sorry for repeating myself.
I'm 36 y/o and I wanted a CGM but they discontinued the color and my next choice was carbon flash metallic. Notice that I'm still staying away from black as much as possible because I don't have much time now to keep it clean 24/7.
AND, the CGM they're offering you is USED.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:59 AM   #40
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
BLACK!! You are 17!? Black is the "Badass" color. Much "sexier" to all those hot young high school/college girls Of course get what YOU like, but being as black is damn sexy, and its the one with no miles. Either way... its a Win/Win.
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #41
chevyk1

Drives: CGM Camaro 1Lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I do not have a horse in this race , but i can ask you a question this way , you have a choice to pic a girlfriend from a set of twins , one as been around the [ block] a few times the other is brand new never used or even sat on for a moment , which one will you pic . GET THE BLCK ONE
You may have more fun with the one thats been around the block But seriously you havent said how many miles is on the CGM one which may not be enough for a concern. Both are awesome colors cant go wrong with either but seems like you like the CGM more so I would lean that way,otherwise you may regret it every time you see one on the road. I have bought cars with 0 miles brand new all the way up to 10k miles (my Camaro) and honestly couldnt tell difference.
chevyk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #42
HopeRidesAlone

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriah View Post
BLACK!! You are 17!? Black is the "Badass" color. Much "sexier" to all those hot young high school/college girls Of course get what YOU like, but being as black is damn sexy, and its the one with no miles. Either way... its a Win/Win.
yup im 20 now and trust me black works

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Stainless powers 1 7/8 LT headers, cold air inductions cai, Tuned by dynosteve, Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, camaro, chevrolet, color, rs package