Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 05-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
Delivery in Idaho

Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally was able to see one in person. All I can say is WOW! Was really impressed, and can't wait till delivery.
It was a customer order, VIN # 3313
Yellow SS/RS with black rally stripes.
Delivered to Edmark Superstore in Nampa, ID
Not sure how long it will be there as the owner was out of town.
Keep the faith............Ordered:
Black SS/RS
IO interior
IO rally stripes
Polished wheels / sunroof
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Culver View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that I finally was able to see one in person. All I can say is WOW! Was really impressed, and can't wait till delivery.
It was a customer order, VIN # 3313
Yellow SS/RS with black rally stripes.
Delivered to Edmark Superstore in Nampa, ID
Not sure how long it will be there as the owner was out of town.
Keep the faith............Ordered:
Black SS/RS
IO interior
IO rally stripes
Polished wheels / sunroof
Did you talk to them - are they getting some others in soon? I am headed down there on the 13th and would love to stop by and see one in person!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
Did you talk to them - are they getting some others in soon? I am headed down there on the 13th and would love to stop by and see one in person!
They didn't say other than they were expecting a car for the May 6 unveiling. Even at that they didn't know how many they were getting. I do know that they had 12 allotments and all of them are sold so you probably would have a good chance of seeing one. We called them first and was told that they had a car in the shop. So wouldn't hurt to give them a call.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
siliconewolfgang

Drives: 2004 Hummer H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Culver View Post
They didn't say other than they were expecting a car for the May 6 unveiling. Even at that they didn't know how many they were getting. I do know that they had 12 allotments and all of them are sold so you probably would have a good chance of seeing one. We called them first and was told that they had a car in the shop. So wouldn't hurt to give them a call.
Thanks Karen, I will call them before i head down. Is the "Unveiling" on the 6th or the 16th? I have heard both days?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #5
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconewolfgang View Post
Thanks Karen, I will call them before i head down. Is the "Unveiling" on the 6th or the 16th? I have heard both days?
May 6th
Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Delivery on or about May 6th in Northwest Oregon Coast

I'm new the site, so hello everyone.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. My car will be delivered on or about May 6th. I was the 3 car ordered in the Astoria Oregon area and the first one to be delivered. Vin # 4492. One of 5000 and maybe 1 of the first 50 yellow cars according to the dealer. Oceancrest Chevy has been great.

I feel like a giddy school girl.
Anyone want to buy a 2002 Dodge Ram??

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk500 View Post
I'm new the site, so hello everyone.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. My car will be delivered on or about May 6th. I was the 3 car ordered in the Astoria Oregon area and the first one to be delivered. Vin # 4492. One of 5000 and maybe 1 of the first 50 yellow cars according to the dealer. Oceancrest Chevy has been great.
I gave you some info you might be interested in over at:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2574

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:25 PM   #8
Jayhawk500

Thanks for the info. And yes, lets get together for a photo op.
My sister in law lives in Long beach and is a member of the Beach Barons.
Not that, that matters.
PM me with your info and we can get this done.
I would like to wait for my vanity plates to arrive though.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Thanks for the info. And yes, lets get together for a photo op.
My sister in law lives in Long beach and is a member of the Beach Barons.
Not that, that matters.
PM me with your info and we can get this done.
I would like to wait for my vanity plates to arrive though.
Ah, having a contact in Long Beach is a good thing! It gives you a place to stay for Rod Run weekend.

We'd also like to wait for our personalized plates for pics, so good thinking.

We're in Hillsboro so it's just about an hour's drive where you are. Once we get our car, I'll post up some info as to when & where we're going to get a 5th Gen group together. Maybe we can head your direction for a cruise through Jewel & Mist and around to St Helens or something.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
Old 05-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
Jayhawk500

Sounds good to me. It'll be something to see 2 Camaros with the same color and different striping.
Is the 2010 SS your plate? If so were you able to order it before you got the car?
I'm calling DMV in the morning.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Quote:
Is the 2010 SS your plate? If so were you able to order it before you got the car?
You can pre-order a plate for another car you already own then transfer the plate to the new car, but it will have the same renewal time as your existing plates.

Our plate choice is still available, so we'll just order it when we take delivery of the 5th Gen to get the 4-year tags that new cars are issued.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
Jayhawk500

IT'S HERE!

For the plates I'll submit the app. with the registration. I called the DMV this morning and the first 2 choices were taken. It's good to let Ma Bell work for ya.

Secondly, I just got off the phone with the dealer. He said the car is here. Got here about 10am.
BUT, Some of the dealer installed items DIDN'T show up with the car. Like the STRIPES. And now the RECALL on the positive battery cable. All is good though, I'm doing a Re-fi on my house and I'm cashing out $35k for the car, so it will be paid off. The only bitch is, the check won't be here till the 13th. But, all is still good. I'm going out of town for a week on Saturday and the dealer is asking if they can use my car for the unvailing since they haven't received their V-6 lot car as of yet.

Holy CRAP I can't belive it's here. I hardly slept at all last night. I've haven't been this pumped up since I did the Coast Guard rescue of the lone suvivor from the 44' Motor Life Boat roll over @ Quillutte River back in 1997.

Picutres will follow as soon as I get the car.