Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 09-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Got it!

Hey guys... So I picked up My Camaro yesterday.... WOW i love it.

Only thing is.... this morning it wont start! I drove it 2 hours or so just fine yesterday, and this morning, I have a CEL (it isn't blinking, it's staying on) and the car wont even crank. Starter isn't engaging, it's not even attempting to crank. So i pulled the EMC fuse under the hood for a half hour, put it back in and tried to start, nothing same thing... I then disconnected the positive side of the batter for 10 minutes, and tried again.... not luck. I have NO IDEA what happened from yesterday to today... but now it's just a pretty shiney paper weight in my driveway... Anyone have any ideas??? I'm calling the dealer when they open so they can pick it up run their diag on the car and hopefully figure it out.... this sucks..!!
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
ouch how long was your wait? id probly lose it if that happened after i thought i finally get her
AdnanHfuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
getarz4u15ster

Yeah... I was livid this morning... I'm starting to calm down now... Well I got luck with the wait because i had orginally ordered back in August, but one came into the dealership a month after i ordered mine they couldn't get financing on the car, and i snatched it... it was my second pick for color... so it was a total of about a month and a couple weeks.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake
Old 09-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Damn, that really sucks. Had some bad gas in mine just a week after getting her. Had it flat bedded back to dealer. Turned out to be water. Puffed out big cloud of white smoke. Get the dealer to look at it. If they don't have an answer, tell them you want your 1st order. Strange, this is this 1st i've heard of not starting. Could be a a loose connection, but you said you drove her 2 hours right?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #5
getarz4u15ster

Yeah, drove it yesterday quite a bit. Last night i was in it learning all the crap the thing can do, and i cut it off and started at least 3 to 4 times running back and forth from the house to car, and it never had problem. I just went through every fuse I could think of and even ones i have researched and still the same CEL FROM HELL! So i called the dealer told them what i've done (as far as troubleshooting goes) and they said you've done everything we would have, short of running the OBD2 diagnostic test on it, which is what we going to do next. Sooo looks like a lazy day, no work.. bad thing is.. I lent my truck to my dad for the week so i can't go anywhere!!
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #6
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by getarz4u15ster View Post
Yeah, drove it yesterday quite a bit. Last night i was in it learning all the crap the thing can do, and i cut it off and started at least 3 to 4 times running back and forth from the house to car, and it never had problem. I just went through every fuse I could think of and even ones i have researched and still the same CEL FROM HELL! So i called the dealer told them what i've done (as far as troubleshooting goes) and they said you've done everything we would have, short of running the OBD2 diagnostic test on it, which is what we going to do next. Sooo looks like a lazy day, no work.. bad thing is.. I lent my truck to my dad for the week so i can't go anywhere!!
I'm pulling for you bro! Let me know when it's up and running again and bring it over!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
getarz4u15ster

Bring it over..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezacant View Post
I'm pulling for you bro! Let me know when it's up and running again and bring it over!

Will do. Just waiting to hear back from the dealer.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake
Old 09-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Sounds like the battery cable got melted, Have a roll back come and get it, should be an easy fix
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
getarz4u15ster

Actually I got a call from the dealer just a minute ago and they said they were able to update the software and found that there is a loose junction terminal under the fuse box in the engine bay. So they have it running now, and are working to get that terminal tight, and hopefully clear all the error codes out of the system... i'm just glad to hear it's running!
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
Nezacant

Quote:
Actually I got a call from the dealer just a minute ago and they said they were able to update the software and found that there is a loose junction terminal under the fuse box in the engine bay. So they have it running now, and are working to get that terminal tight, and hopefully clear all the error codes out of the system... i'm just glad to hear it's running!
Thats great news! Sounds like an easy fix!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
getarz4u15ster

Okay so here's the full story..

Still dont have the car.. Why...? Well i went over to the shop and took a look at what they were talking about. Turns out that 2nd ECU harness plug (the one closest to the front of the car, when looking down into the engine bay) has cracked and it snap flush into the pins on the ECU. The side that is cracked happens to be the side that the holds the pin-out for the starter solenoid. So all that to say it's not making a tight connection on the ECU thus not engaging the starter... simple right??? Kinda.....

In order to fix the cracked plug, they need to remove each wire from the original plug and put it in the new plug, probably 50 or more pins.. ohh boy. She's already going under the knife and only has 36 miles on it....
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake
Old 09-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
Nezacant

Quote:
Okay so here's the full story..

Still dont have the car.. Why...? Well i went over to the shop and took a look at what they were talking about. Turns out that 2nd ECU harness plug (the one closest to the front of the car, when looking down into the engine bay) has cracked and it snap flush into the pins on the ECU. The side that is cracked happens to be the side that the holds the pin-out for the starter solenoid. So all that to say it's not making a tight connection on the ECU thus not engaging the starter... simple right??? Kinda.....

In order to fix the cracked plug, they need to remove each wire from the original plug and put it in the new plug, probably 50 or more pins.. ohh boy. She's already going under the knife and only has 36 miles on it....
Did they tell you how long it would take?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #13
NTGILTY

Drives: 06 GTO, 2010 2SS/RS RJT, 2008 G8
damn man that sucks. hopefully thye get everything taken care of. I just picked mine up this evening 2ss rs RJT...I LOVE this car. It was definatly worth the wait.

2008 Pontiac G8-Stock

2006 Pontiac GTO- Procharged,Cammed,Kooks,Corsa,Pedders Suspension, Intake manifold and TB work,Meth injection. 600RWHP
NTGILTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #14
getarz4u15ster

Annapolis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTGILTY View Post
damn man that sucks. hopefully thye get everything taken care of. I just picked mine up this evening 2ss rs RJT...I LOVE this car. It was definatly worth the wait.
I wasn't orignally supposed to get the RJT color, but i love it now that I did. It stands out... apparently, because some 90 year old man just about stopped his pace maker when i was comming out of the dealership with it, he had the biggest grin on his face, as well i did too! haha.

But see you live in nap-town. I grew up in crownsville, we'll have to hook up some time that would awesome.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
Comp Custom grind Cam
CAI Intake