Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
At a crossroad

So I know I'll get all kinds of feedback (good and bad is all okay) but I'm at a crossroads. Do I keep my 2011 Synergy Green RS/SS or do I go the direction of a new (or newer) 2014-2015 Corvette Stingray 2LT or 3LT? I've actually put my Camaro on a couple of websites to see if there's interest.

I love the Camaro but am not getting any younger and it's more of a novelty than something I seriously drive. That said........thoughts?
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
It's really up to you. For me, theres no way in hell I'd get rid of my Camaro. If you don't feel that way, than perhaps you should look at something else.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
Stingray!
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Look up the average age and income buyer for the Camaro and Corvette. Which ever you are closer to... go for it. That way you'll kind of be hanging with the same crowd of people as your stage in life at shows, clubs, events.

I bought a new corvette once about 10 years ago. Did not fit in at all with that crowd. Sold it a year later and got into Camaros. Have now made tons of new friends with similar interests.

Very different cars and buyers.

Do you like burgers and beer, or fancy cheese and a fine wine?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I love the new vettes but to me they scream "old man" ... It just seems every guy in a vette has white hair or a very bad combover. This coming from a bald 52 year old man haha which is saying something.

All kidding aside you should buy what you would like and can afford. And the 6th Gen is nearly here so you may want to give that a peek before jumping to a vette too.

Cam
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #6
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
A couple of you have hinted that the Corvette is maybe better suited for the "Old man". You hit the nail on the head with me. I'm 52 going on 53. I don't act, play, fool around, etc. like an old fart but I wonder how many people see that beautiful Camaro and then see me get out of it and say....."Really"?!
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Murphy55378

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS
If it makes sense financially do it. Bought my 2012 Camaro used last year as I just could not justify the expense of a new Corvette and possibly retire this year. I have owned a 1989 and a 2004 Corvette in the past and there is nothing like the feeling of driving one. Had to "settle" for the Camaro but my heart was with the Vette.
Murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsdnfam View Post
So I know I'll get all kinds of feedback (good and bad is all okay) but I'm at a crossroads. Do I keep my 2011 Synergy Green RS/SS or do I go the direction of a new (or newer) 2014-2015 Corvette Stingray 2LT or 3LT? I've actually put my Camaro on a couple of websites to see if there's interest.

I love the Camaro but am not getting any younger and it's more of a novelty than something I seriously drive. That said........thoughts?
If getting older is the main concern, I'd say this:

1. A Corvette really isn't that different from a comfort perspective-- it's still a 2-door coupe with long doors and a very low seating position, relatively cramped interior quarters, and harsh ride-- (those with bad backs, knees, hips, and also arthritics, need not apply).

That, and, you probably won't feel any younger in the Corvette. Just sayin.

2. If you aren't driving the Camaro much, do you think you're going to drive the Corvette much?

If it's not about getting older, and if it's more about status and/or age-appropriateness, I say "to hell with that" because I say you should drive what you love. If you feel like you've got money to burn and just want a change of pace, what's stopping you?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #9
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
STINGRAY!
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #10
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Funny you bring up demographics. Most of the guys I've seen in my area with either a Camaro or a Vette are considerably older than me. I'm just shy of 36 and didn't really fit in age-wise to the few Camaro cruises I've attended.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
A couple of you have hinted that the Corvette is maybe better suited for the "Old man". You hit the nail on the head with me. I'm 52 going on 53. I don't act, play, fool around, etc. like an old fart but I wonder how many people see that beautiful Camaro and then see me get out of it and say....."Really"?!
Age has nothing to do with it for me (48 going on 49), but I am sure that even some of my friends find my choice of cars foolish, but I feel that would apply to a Corvette as well. To be honest, if I could fit and afford the payments, I would like nothing more than a Z06 Vette, and my poor 1LE would be gone in a second. that being said, it is going nowhere soon!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:59 PM   #12
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
Personally, I believe the most fun part of owning a Corvette would be shattering the image of the old man in the slow lane... I'd drive that thing like I stole it!
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #13
ChevyAV03

Drives: 03 Z71 AV PM; 14 Convert 2ss/rs AGM
Go for corvette if you like em
Keep the Camaro if you like it
If you can afford both have both.
Obviously something gravitated you towards your Camaro purchase
Obviously something is making you want a vette instead. Enjoy life and if you can afford it get what you want.

I love corvettes and admire all of them on the road but wouldn't own one unless it was a convertible from the early 60's red with white walls, but we all have our opinions
ChevyAV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:08 PM   #14
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
I'm 52 going on 53.
Oh you will look young in it then... I'm teasing ya I think the new vettes are awesome looking cars. While I really appreciate them I don't think I would ever want one to own but I guess you never know for sure.

It sounds like you aren't enjoying the Camaro as much now and perhaps may enjoy the vette more. If thats the case and you can manage pull the trigger!
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote