Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #15
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I would think the dealer would step up to cover this, especially since they just completed an oil service on the car. It wouldn't fall under warranty if someone forgot to fill it with oil, but under the dealership's liability instead. Good luck getting it all sorted out!
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #16
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
This is how my last visit to the dealer went. I went there to get coolant to do a coolant flush. I wasn't sure if the coolant was concentrated or premixed so I asked the guy. He said it was premixed and you juts pour it in there. I saw on the back it was telling you how much to add with water to get the right mixture, so it was definitely concentrated. I told the guy that and he argued you don't mix it you juts put it in there. He then got mechanic and the mechanic said "yeah. we don't ix it we just put it in there. It's already mixed". So finally I got the master tech to come out and he said "of course you have to mix it!". Good to know they fill their cars there with straight coolant.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #17
GAFreddy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS & 2013 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
This is how my last visit to the dealer went. I went there to get coolant to do a coolant flush. I wasn't sure if the coolant was concentrated or premixed so I asked the guy. He said it was premixed and you juts pour it in there. I saw on the back it was telling you how much to add with water to get the right mixture, so it was definitely concentrated. I told the guy that and he argued you don't mix it you juts put it in there. He then got mechanic and the mechanic said "yeah. we don't ix it we just put it in there. It's already mixed". So finally I got the master tech to come out and he said "of course you have to mix it!". Good to know they fill their cars there with straight coolant.
Wow. Just wow.
GAFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #18
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
It sounds like the OP had the oil changed quite a while ago and now that its due for another oil change he/she checked it and found it dry. I get it that it shouldn't be dry but how long ago was it last checked? I check mine at least once a week.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #19
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
Sorry that happened. My car just turned 1K miles and I'm considering getting the oil changed. I have 2 years of free maintenance but I'm hesitant to let the dealer do it. Just don't trust those guys. The last time I let them do something (paint shield) they royally screwed it up. I'd feel more comfortable letting my own guy do it.
Yeah I don't care what they want to offer for "free", sometimes free isn't worth the cost.

Quote:
I was just talking to a guy on facebook last night that was told by a service manager that the parking brake on his Camaro was non adjustable and having to pull the handle up 17 clicks to make it still not hold the car on a hill was normal. What's scary is there's a large number of people who think anyone wearing a GM patch on their overalls is an expert and will take their word for it when in fact they often don't have a clue.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #20
hzl6cm

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS 6-speed manual
Quote:
They probably don't use the same coolant that you are buying in the jug. They probably have a bulk tank of premixed coolant that they use.

Back to the original post. I change my oil on my '15 using Dexos rated Mobil 1 and then was torn on whether or not to have the dealer do the next change and tire rotation. After the dealer I purchased the car from told me it would be 1 to 1 1/2 hours to get the oil change I went to a different dealer, one that was on my way home, and it only took them a half hour to change it and rotate the tires. I do need to check the level, I was as concerned about them filling it too much as I was not enough.
1970 Corvette Convertible, 350 Hp 350, 4-speed
hzl6cm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #21
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
No more free oil changes for me, if you want it done right, do it yourself.
Too many horror stories. They just want your car on the lift so they can
drum up more work.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #22
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I always check mine when I get it home from an oil change at the dealer. Has always been correct though. My dealer has been okay so far with my car on anything that has been done with it.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #23
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I always check mine when I get it home from an oil change at the dealer. Has always been correct though. My dealer has been okay so far with my car on anything that has been done with it.

I wouldn't wait til you get home, check it right there before you even start it. If they left the drain plug or filter loose or didn't put enough/any oil in it, by the time you drive it home the damage is likely already done.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #24
GAFreddy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS & 2013 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzl6cm View Post
They probably don't use the same coolant that you are buying in the jug. They probably have a bulk tank of premixed coolant that they use.
Right, but come on, you work at an automotive dealership. Please educate yourself on the difference between a factory sealed jug and a premixed tank of coolant!
GAFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:51 PM   #25
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Old 04-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #26
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Last time I had the dealer change my oil they shorted me at least one quart. I do my own now. Pretty easy.
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM   #27
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
Thats why after i take my car in for service i go to the mode screen on the car (button on the blinker) and i see what all of the specs are at. if they changed it then it should be at 100% cause it reads that it is full.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM   #28
RaiderGT

Drives: 2014 Summit White LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
I was just talking to a guy on facebook last night that was told by a service manager that the parking brake on his Camaro was non adjustable and having to pull the handle up 17 clicks to make it still not hold the car on a hill was normal. What's scary is there's a large number of people who think anyone wearing a GM patch on their overalls is an expert and will take their word for it when in fact they often don't have a clue.

Not to thread jack but I just had mine in for an ECU reflash and I mentioned that the parking brake did not hold very well. They said it was self adjusting but the tech agreed it felt very sloppy. He agreed to take the rear brakes apart and adjust it. 2hours later he comes in and said that he adjusted it perfectly and it held great for about three pulls and the self adjuster kicked in and adjusted it right back to where it was.
RaiderGT is offline   Reply With Quote