Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #29
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
/\ /\ /\ Just put on nylocks, easy. /\ /\ /\
Old 11-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #30
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I have a spoiler nut rattling around in my trunk lid too...
It's not that big a deal, as you can't hear it while driving, only when opening and closing the trunk...
My husband and I just think of it as 'a badge of honor' showing we had one of the R6P early orders, since those were the VINs affected...lol...

My husband was checking them weekly after a forum member posted about it...he had planned on using lock-tite when he got a chance, and since we had 3000 miles already without them coming loose, we figured we were 'safe'..."NOT"...

One of them finally got away, so next time we go to the dealer, we will have to have it 'recovered'...
There is now locktite on the rest...

BTW, I never got the bulletin for the spoiler bolts and HVAC check-up...I only heard about it on the forum...
I didn't get any bulletin about this. In fact I had to bring up the "recall" to the dealer and it took them 15 minutes to look it up in the computer. I was the first Camaro they would be performing these updates for.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:47 AM   #31
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
I thought they stopped that recall item after they found the faulty wrench on the line causing these loose spoilers.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #32
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
Word of Caution -

I've had my car awhile now and I thought that I was safely past the spoiler loosening issue. Wrong!

I was detailing the car for what probably will be the last time for this coming winter and sure enough, I felt some movement in the spoiler.

This is my everyday vehicle and if I had not noticed, I would have probably lost one or more of the nuts and would have had to go fishing. All four were loose and one was 2 turns from coming off. There are 4 nuts covered by black rubber. This is a 5 minute job now or a fishing expedition later.
At first I thought you were going to reveal something we'd all be pissed about because we haven't experienced it yet.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #33
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
LOL...'good one', PQ!!!...
LOL @ PQ
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:15 AM   #34
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
I thought they stopped that recall item after they found the faulty wrench on the line causing these loose spoilers.
LOL.. I honestly don't think it had anything to do with a faulty wrench even though Scott said that was the problem..I believe since the problem didn't stop for a long time afterwards, the reason is the factory never used loctite in the first place and or a washer in between. They are probably are using the blue loctite at the factory now to avoid this problem from now on. If it was a single faulty wrench, the problem would have been far less common.