Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #71
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
60 days is a lot better of a wait than like a hundred twenty
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #72
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
THIS = QFT=QFMFT = +1 = I concur old chap
Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #73
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
omg that ZR-1 cancellation story was debunked like 2-3 days ago... the guy that blogged that was full of crap.

but i also dont see them announcing a z/28, because people would wait for that and it would hurt 1st year sales.
Not if they said the Z28 program is back on track and more info to fallow. Can you imagine the furry of chat that would create all over the Internet.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #74
ucla1ove3

thanks dude, i've scene you say it before but i didn't bother to ask.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #75
13F20

Quote:
THIS = QFT=QFMFT = +1 = I concur old chap
the way you guys talk in code kills me, I guess I am just to damn old.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #76
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I think we need to check our expectations about what the Camaro will do for GM. It will sell fairly well, yes. And it will appease the fans. But will it "save" GM? Heck no. To be truly financially sustainable, GM needs to maintain sales and profits on its compact and midsize cars.

My call- they're going to admit that my awesome petition to add green to the color list was successful.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:13 PM   #77
ucla1ove3

and jetstream blue hehehe.. still need two more ppl to say yes and we will have 90% lol.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:25 PM   #78
flaguy

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Spring Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
Let me jump on the Speculation Train for a second......

Given the state of GM's stock drop today, I would not be surprised at all if they announce that its going into production by December. Couple of reasons why I think this......

1). GM needs the financial boost.
2). Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.

If they announce on Monday that the 5th Gen is coming out early, it will definitely boost their stocks. I see alot of people asking why they would do it in a podcast..... but why not? GM has allowed the 2 major sites (this one and CamaroZ28) alot of access to information about this car as it has taken shape over the last few years. Why not allow something like this to go out over a website that is dedicated to the car?? Whatever is released over that podcast is going to spread like wildfire over the internet. I also think this makes sense, if the rumor is true about the Oshawa plant having an emergency meeting today. I work for a large manufacturing facility and that usually means one thing.... Something drastic is about to happen (either good or bad). Either way it's something that they need to communicate to the entire plant's workforce pretty quickly. They are either telling them "Hey we are not producing the 5th Gen in Februrary," or "Everyone needs to be aware that in the next month we need to be prepared to start making the 5th Gen."
I'm no economist so take this with a grain of salt...

In my opinion, bringing out a product you had previously announced goals of selling 100k units of in the middle of an economic recession is maybe not a good idea. You have to understand that these forums, and the others that you are a member of is a very small, very dedicated and very loyal sample of the future Camaro market. The vast majority of people who will have Camaros in their driveways 2 years from now, are not even thinking about the Camaro today.

People right now are thinking about their jobs, their 401k's and investments, their children, etc. They are not thinking....you know...I'm going to go spend $30k on a car during the most uncertain economic times since the great depression. In my opinion the best thing for them to do right now is to keep their date and hope the economic eyewall has passed over by March.

That of course is the pessimist in me speaking. On the flip side, they've been working on this car for a long ass time and I wouldn't be surprised if they are well ahead of a Feb. production time schedule...so I really wouldn't be surprised if they do kick the date up.

We'll know soon.
flaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #79
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaguy View Post
I'm no economist so take this with a grain of salt...

In my opinion, bringing out a product you had previously announced goals of selling 100k units of in the middle of an economic recession is maybe not a good idea. You have to understand that these forums, and the others that you are a member of is a very small, very dedicated and very loyal sample of the future Camaro market. The vast majority of people who will have Camaros in their driveways 2 years from now, are not even thinking about the Camaro today.

People right now are thinking about their jobs, their 401k's and investments, their children, etc. They are not thinking....you know...I'm going to go spend $30k on a car during the most uncertain economic times since the great depression. In my opinion the best thing for them to do right now is to keep their date and hope the economic eyewall has passed over by March.

That of course is the pessimist in me speaking. On the flip side, they've been working on this car for a long ass time and I wouldn't be surprised if they are well ahead of a Feb. production time schedule...so I really wouldn't be surprised if they do kick the date up.

We'll know soon.
I am a student of economics, and you're right. Bringing the Camaro out early will not significantly help GM's financial situation.

shining at the end of every day
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #80
13F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighty-Six Z View Post
Let me jump on the Speculation Train for a second......

Given the state of GM's stock drop today, I would not be surprised at all if they announce that its going into production by December. Couple of reasons why I think this......

1). GM needs the financial boost.
2). Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.

If they announce on Monday that the 5th Gen is coming out early, it will definitely boost their stocks. I see alot of people asking why they would do it in a podcast..... but why not? GM has allowed the 2 major sites (this one and CamaroZ28) alot of access to information about this car as it has taken shape over the last few years. Why not allow something like this to go out over a website that is dedicated to the car?? Whatever is released over that podcast is going to spread like wildfire over the internet. I also think this makes sense, if the rumor is true about the Oshawa plant having an emergency meeting today. I work for a large manufacturing facility and that usually means one thing.... Something drastic is about to happen (either good or bad). Either way it's something that they need to communicate to the entire plant's workforce pretty quickly. They are either telling them "Hey we are not producing the 5th Gen in Februrary," or "Everyone needs to be aware that in the next month we need to be prepared to start making the 5th Gen."

Yes but every thing aside economy and resection and so fourth. There is only one or two things that would spur and emergency meeting to such a degree that would also get two of there highest executive in an interview on the day prior to the release of the next IDL to dealers and the day that has been announced that dealers will start to take orders. Not to mention the info recorded in the interview is being heavily restricted to a set time of broadcast out side of the nor for Chris and his partner. i think it is time for every one to think or a much larger picture and not the small stuff. Considering every thing that has happened as a whole sense 2006, up till now. Put your self in the place of the top brass and think over every thing and decide what decision you would make to be put out. I am Marley just saying.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #81
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
im hoping its either pricing or that production has been moved up i dont really care if its the z28 because that would be way out of my price range and the SS is fine for me
Old 10-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #82
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
Quote:
CHOOOOO CHOOOOOO

ALL ABOARD THE SPECULATION TRAIN

CHOOO CHOOOOO

CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA GHUGGA
Awe man... the bridge to Hawaii isn't completed yet, so I'm afraid I can't jump on this one...

However, I do hope they release it Monday morning @ 5am... that's 11pm Sunday night here
swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 AM   #83
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
As recently as Indy we have heard that there was quite a bit of stuff that wasnt finalized on the Camaro...... Im not sure they could be moving the production date up??? Of course I could be wrong. As perfect as they want this car to be I dont think their gonna rush it.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 AM   #84
fbird777
SOM WS6

Drives: 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6
Pricing FTW, thats all I need to know!
fbird777 is offline   Reply With Quote