Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Paired iphone with Camaro

I paired my iphone with my Camaro and it works fine with the phone. Does anybody know how to play the iphone music wirelessly through the car?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Easiest way would just to use the usb but if you want to use the bluetooth here's a quick walk through for a Toyota Venza. Camaro should have a similar menu option let us know if this works http://www.simonblog.com/2009/04/03/...uetooth-music/or just look on our own website

Last edited by shroomjohn; 06-24-2009 at 01:29 AM.
shroomjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
shockandawe --- Be sure you have the recent iPhone software update 3.0 in your iphone first. I believe the music streaming capability is in this update. Go to iPhone settings, general, and bluetooth to select both phone and music CONNECTED to your vehicle. Do this in your car with key ON. Bluetooth phone and music are working in my Camaro. However, the steering wheel toggle or radiohead SEEK do not move up or down the playlist. They do function if you use the USB cable plus the playlist song/artist show up on the radiohead. While streaming music the battery life is used more quickly. Good Luck and post your results.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
However, the steering wheel toggle or radiohead SEEK do not move up or down the playlist. They do function if you use the USB cable plus the playlist song/artist show up on the radiohead. While streaming music the battery life is used more quickly.
Apple chose not to support this with their first release. I would guess that they would add this in a future release.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Thanks codeman71 for all of your input. Your point about Apple not including the two controls of the playlist puts me at ease that in fact all is well at this time. Like you said, perhaps in a subsequent update later we will be able to SEEK or TOGGLE up and down the playlist while streaming. Plus displaying song/artist on the radio screen.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
I just plug my iphone into the usb port when I wanna hear music. But then again I've got an old 2G iPod that's my car iPod 24/7... and is beat to hell but still works!

If apple updates the Bluetooth A2DP to full support later that'll be cool, but I dont know about you guys, but I dont need a new way to drain my battery, it does just fine all by itself!

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote