Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #15
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Just place my order for the bushings from Apex! Any advise for removing the old and installing the new bushings? I'll use the puller suggested above! Thanks!
There's a number of threads here that show how to do it. I think I searched for "trailing arms" and found a few. Basically, lift the car and pull the rear wheels. Cut the rubber "edge" off of the bushing and use a two arm puller to push it out. You'll need a washer or something like that to help. The other bushing comes out with the old arms. It's really pretty simple.

There's a number of different ways to do it, but the 2 arm puller worked well for me. If you don't have one, life is easier with a 1/2" breaker bar.

Edit, Here's another way: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...r+trailing+arm
Old 10-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Thanks for the help! Sounds pretty straight forward! I hope to be doing it this weekend!

Sorry for jacking your thread! I'm glad this solution worked for you and once I get the bushings in it should help mine also!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
rdblan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Thanks for the help! Sounds pretty straight forward! I hope to be doing it this weekend!

Sorry for jacking your thread! I'm glad this solution worked for you and once I get the bushings in it should help mine also!
Not thread jacking at all! The bottom bolts are a bit of a pain to access, but I did it with only a few swear words and very little skill. You also can't or shouldn't use normal grease (not sure if you knew that) with the poly bushings.

Someone will be along to confirm that. The BMR folks or Apex Chase will get you right.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #18
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
Took the car to the track for the first time a few weeks ago (L99 w/ Livernois cam and Kooks headers). I had just a little bit of wheel hop leaving the line.

Installed some BRM trailing arms and bushings the following weekend. Immediately noticed the car feels more, I guess, planted is the word. Anyways, back to the track last night. No wheel hop at all.

I only made two passes. The track was full of some very rowdy people so I didn't stay long.

Used the two arm puller method to push out the old bushings. Rather easy install once I found my 1/2" breaker bar.
Nice!!! The BMR arms are very nice!!!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #19
Kabul SS

Drives: IBM Camaro 2SS
Do you have to do an alignment since the BMR trailing arms are a little shorter then stock or are you good without one?
Kabul SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabul SS View Post
Do you have to do an alignment since the BMR trailing arms are a little shorter then stock or are you good without one?
The BMR trailing arms are the same length as the stock ones so there is absolutely no need for an alignment after installing the trailing arms. I am pretty sure you are thinking about out lower control arms for the cCamaro which are shorter and an alignment does have to be done.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
Kabul SS

Drives: IBM Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
The BMR trailing arms are the same length as the stock ones so there is absolutely no need for an alignment after installing the trailing arms. I am pretty sure you are thinking about out lower control arms for the cCamaro which are shorter and an alignment does have to be done.
Thanks
Kabul SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #22
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Any price breaks I am seriously considering TCA027 set over the TCA026 ...just cannot make up my mind..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #23
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
Any price breaks I am seriously considering TCA027 set over the TCA026 ...just cannot make up my mind..
I would go with the TCA026 if you're Camaro is primarily a daily driver although I like the TCA027 are very nice!! What other supporting mods have you done? Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
Kwik

Drives: car
I agree. Replace the bushings while you have it torn apart.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
Took the car to the track for the first time a few weeks ago (L99 w/ Livernois cam and Kooks headers). I had just a little bit of wheel hop leaving the line.

Installed some BRM trailing arms and bushings the following weekend. Immediately noticed the car feels more, I guess, planted is the word. Anyways, back to the track last night. No wheel hop at all.

I only made two passes. The track was full of some very rowdy people so I didn't stay long.

Used the two arm puller method to push out the old bushings. Rather easy install once I found my 1/2" breaker bar.
Always good to hear our parts are doing what they are supposed to do.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #26
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
JDP Motorsports

I have installed Long tube ceramic coated Pacesetter headers, custom spark plug wires from 2edgeperformance, 4600 series Magnaflow cats, S10 Flowmaster exhaust,K&N Forced air system. B&M Hurst Short shifter.

I live about a mile from Fontana Speedway and every once in awhile a camaro club I attend we go to the track and take it down the 1/4 mile.. I get bad wheel hop so I stopped also they go to Toyota Speedway in Irwindale but its only an 1/8 mile track.

I amm not going to drag my car alot but when I put my exhaust on I saw how cheaply made the factory trailing arms are they look like pot metal.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #27
rdblan2

So Chase asked earlier in the thread if I noticed changes to my times.

Last week when I was at the track I was launching at idle. I'm such a newb. Anyways, I went back last night and remembered my coaching that my friend had given me. Sooooo...yeah, a little improvement. I cut .2 off of my times. I pulled a 12.31 @ 116.10 Mph and a 12.38 as my fastest times last night and was consistently under 12.5.

The BMR trailing arms are worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #28
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I'm removing the stock outer bushings today but I have a question for those who have done it. Which direction did you install the 2 arm puller to remove the bushing? The lower control arm is in the way and also the rotor/shield is in the way on the other side. Did you remove the rotor/shield and lower control arm bolt to do this? Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote