Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #617
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon670 View Post
A simple mod like tinting the middle part or darker chrome can change dramatically the rear :
is that entire lower part on the back Carbon fiber? It's hard to tell from the pics
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #618
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Totally understand where you are coming from. But my feeling is the opposite. When I finally got to drive the ZL1, I could respect it but it didn't make me passionate like my Boss did. This is the Camaro I'd want. It pains me to say this but it's even more raw and a better execution of my ideal than the Boss. But then again, without the Boss would it have happened? In either case this car is one I can't wait to become intimately acquainted with. I'll say it again, way to go GM.
Quote:
Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!
See it's that easy, even the Mustang guy gets it!

BTW, Really great posts!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #619
horizon670

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT / RS / Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
is that entire lower part on the back Carbon fiber? It's hard to tell from the pics
No it's not but I'm sure some aftermarket Carbon parts can be made to this.
horizon670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #620
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
I think they are moving the camaro toward a corvette style lineup.
SS=Base
1LE=Grand Sport
Z28=Z06
ZL1=ZR1

I think in 2015 after the excitement of the Z28 has faded they will reveal an LS9 ZL1. This will put the ZL1 back as the king camaro and give sales another bump. The ZL1 will also increase in price though. There will probably be a Z28 convertible at some point though so I'm not sure how that will fit in.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #621
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Been catching up on this thread. Lots of complaints about a lot of little things. Let's be perfectly clear, if you only have one car, this is not the car to have. This car is a weekend warrior, a summer night cruiser and a track car. This car is for the person who already has a daily driver and doesn't give a rats arse about the taillights or lack of a sound system. When they've done the rush hour commute and want to return to the pure pleasure of driving they pull this baby out of the garage and smile a self satisfied smile as they fire it up. If you want to think you have the baddest Camaro out there but can only afford one, get the ZL1, want a daily driver you can track, there's the 1LE. Concerned about looks, buy a big standard V8 model and customize to your hearts content. Just want to own a great looking car, consider the V6. Really GM has everyone finally covered and there's still bitching?!?!
Wow, it took a Mustang owner to put things into perspective, C'mom guys. If we really considered ourselves Camaro Fans, we'd love this car for what it is, a Camaro. I don't own a ZL1. I didn't just purchase a 1-LE car just last week. To be honest, I drive a 95 Z28 as my DD. I wish I could buy something newer, but being a single dad makes having a car payment a little tough, so, hence the 95. With that said, I love the 10-13 car, and after the reveal yesterday, I too love the 2014 car, especially the Z28. Yes, it isn't perfect, but neither are the 10-13 cars. I'll DD the 95 for hopefully another year or two, then the real question will be asked, a 98-02 SS to keep me from having a car payment, a 10-13 5TH Gen, or wait 3-4 years to pick up a used 2014 car? Either way, I will be pleased, since I will be driving a Camaro. I will attempt to own a Camarotill my dying day! Way to go GM, AWESOME JOB AND AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #622
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazenBeast View Post
SS=Base
1LE=Grand Sport
Z28=Z06
ZL1=ZR1

I think in 2015 after the excitement of the Z28 has faded they will reveal an LS9 ZL1. This will put the ZL1 back as the king camaro and give sales another bump. The ZL1 will also increase in price though. There will probably be a Z28 convertible at some point though so I'm not sure how that will fit in.
I think you are wrong on all accounts. Have you been reading and watching what GM has been saying about the Z/28 and why they brought it back?

I also think pigs will fly when they drop the LS9 in a camaro. But then again I could be wrong on all accounts too.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #623
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
SS=Base
1LE=Grand Sport
Z28=Z06
ZL1=ZR1

I believe your line up makes sense. It was discussed in amongst the Z/28 threads for years. Depending upon your "perspective" the ZL1 is King. There will never be a Z28 vert.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #624
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Who's that goober-looking dude on the left of the car there?..... hee hee hee! I think I recognize him. (One of the top, if not THE top, Camaro lovers in the country, that's who!)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #625
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....The Man needs no introduction...just sayin'....
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #626
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
.GM finally did it right! They will sell alot of those seats if they bolt right in to other camaros.
Except, you can bet those seats will be on forever-constraint.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #627
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think you are wrong on all accounts. Have you been reading and watching what GM has been saying about the Z/28 and why they brought it back?

I also think pigs will fly when they drop the LS9 in a camaro. But then again I could be wrong on all accounts too.
What are you referring to about why it was brought back?

People said the same about the LS7 too. Look how that turned out. The LS9 is being phased out just like the LS7 so they may have some excess motors to get rid of soon. I also won't be surprized if some of the Z28 parts make thier way to the ZL1. Lighter wheels, brakes, seats (already confirmed)

By the way I like the Z28 and respect it for what it is. I would be adding one to the collection if it was in the budjet right now.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #628
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Introduced (in Refreshed Style)!

Quote:
What are you referring to about why it was brought back?

People said the same about the LS7 too. Look how that turned out. The LS9 is being phased out just like the LS7 so they may have some excess motors to get rid of soon. I also won't be surprized if some of the Z28 parts make thier way to the ZL1. Lighter wheels, brakes, seats (already confirmed)

By the way I like the Z28 and respect it for what it is. I would be adding one to the collection if it was in the budjet right now.
I hope it doesn't matter that the ZL1 raises $15,000 in price with the cost of the LS9 and required upgrades. The Engine alone is the price of a base Camaro.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #629
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
But then again, without the Boss would it have happened? In either case this car is one I can't wait to become intimately acquainted with. I'll say it again, way to go GM.
Well the Camaro itself would not exist if not for the secretary special (Mustang). But now c'mon you know the Boss would have never existed without the Z28 being made first.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #630
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I believe your line up makes sense. It was discussed in amongst the Z/28 threads for years. Depending upon your "perspective" the ZL1 is King. There will never be a Z28 vert.
Yeah these comparisons are not new. By king I mean max horsepower, max technology, max comfort beast of a car (also not necessarily cheap). This is a lot like the arguments about the ZR1 and Z06. Many said the Z06 was the true drivers car and the better platform to track. The ZR1 was just brute power and technology that could move quick around a track.

Last edited by BrazenBeast; 03-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, bad ass, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z28 forum, z28 forums