Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #15
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatari View Post
Thanks for the heads up man, I'm in limbo between having it repaired or just replaced...
if the plastic was all ripped up i say replace but if its just the paint pealing of fix it ..i fixed mine because it was just paint that buckled up .im not sure if there is a filler for the plastic that can be sanded down to a level surface .mine was just spot painted in that one spot and the whole bumber was cleared .i pd 700 with the engine cover painted .reason being my shop needed to buy a pint of the pearl blue tint which was 129 dollars .abm has 12 tints .hopefully yellow not that many .good luck
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #16
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
holy crap, how did those hapen,besides the black marks those definatelook like more than a few rocks?? Those would make me sick. Ever think about a clear bra? Pricey to a oint but just about every area you have damaged would have ben covered.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #17
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Check for good, reputable, body shops.

The paint is new, so matching won't be an issue. I had estimates from my dealer back when I wanted a little work done, as well as from my friends body shop...body shop did a GREAT job, for less money, with a warranty!
I have a paint (CGM) issue the front Fascia didn't match. Now he has to try to match it.....Hope he does will find out tomorrow.

Any suggestions
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:53 AM   #18
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
I have a paint (CGM) issue the front Fascia didn't match. Now he has to try to match it.....Hope he does will find out tomorrow.

Any suggestions

Why does the color not match even with the paint code WA637R Is there more ways to mix up the paint formula?
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #19
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:

Any suggestions
Quote:
Why does the color not match even with the paint code WA637R Is there more ways to mix up the paint formula?
I've seen similar problems on other cars. I believe it has to do with the surfaces on which the paint is applied.

Yours is the first Camaro with this issue I've heard of. Seeing as the car is brand new, you should be able to get it fixed under warranty. Worse case scenario, you may have to get a GM factory rep. involved.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
CamaroBarbie

Drives: 2010 V6 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatari View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, Moose! Maybe this is a complete idiotic question to ask... but clear coat? I'm not sure what exactly that is. I'm clueless in this department I guess.

Here's some pics:

To show that it's not as bad as my macro lens makes it out to be haha.

Looks worse close up but really...

It's not entirely terrible... not sure whether this can be fixed by touch-up though?

I also didn't photograph one of other chip but I'm fairly certain it's not too bad.

And I'm throwing this one in for kicks. My dealer has to buff this out... some clown in an Avalanche towing an old Datsun ran us off the road because he decided letting an 18-wheeler on the highway(WITH PLENTY OF ROOM TO JUST SLOW DOWN INSTEAD MIGHT I ADD) was more important then letting my poor little Camaro pass him... as I was doing at the time. The braking and I guess the sudden jolt from moving from pavement to grass made the front end do this: (please excuse the watermarks...)

Edit: Sorry, messed up some photos... should be good now. and thanks Golddog, I'll be sure to look at that site. :]

I have the same thing on my passanger door as your 5th and 6th picture. I was very upset when I discovered this on my side door. My husband bought touch up paint but I'm terrified to let him put it on the car...
CamaroBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote