Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Jim,

We had a similar problem with our shop car after installing our new motor.
It kept going into limp mode and throwing that code any time you would start it and try to give it any gas.
Turned out it was a wire that had come loose at the PCM plug. Cant remember if the wire was just pulled out or it was cut but after we fixed it, everything was fine.
Thanks Chris, what led you to check the connectors? Did some diagnostic tool tell you it was a wiring fault. The motor was lifted from top and the new one dropped in from the top. I wasnt there for this but do know the wiring harness would have to be manipulated to get it out of the way. How the hell do you find a single broken wire?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Thanks Chris, what led you to check the connectors? Did some diagnostic tool tell you it was a wiring fault. The motor was lifted from top and the new one dropped in from the top. I wasnt there for this but do know the wiring harness would have to be manipulated to get it out of the way. How the hell do you find a single broken wire?
We looked at a bunch of stuff before finding it.
We narrowed out everything but a few things with a wire problem being one of them.
We started the car and let it idle and then started moving wire bundles and connectors around until we found it. When we found it the code popped up and it went into limp mode.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #17
realsquash

Drives: Four Door Camaro
For the record, eliminating the stock FSCM isn't going to cause any of these issues. You do need to make sure you unplug that FSCM if you have turned it off in the tune though.

Andy
Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
For the record, eliminating the stock FSCM isn't going to cause any of these issues. You do need to make sure you unplug that FSCM if you have turned it off in the tune though.

Andy
We completely removed it with the LPE dual pump setup i had a year ago. With the aeromotive there is no longer any sort of FSCM. just the fuel controller that controls the pump speed and the boost referenced regulator.

Oh, BTW, if the aeromotive FPSC is the issue here i will be calling you up for your dual 400LPH setup.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 12-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #19
realsquash

Quote:
We completely removed it with the LPE dual pump setup i had a year ago. With the aeromotive there is no longer any sort of FSCM. just the fuel controller that controls the pump speed and the boost referenced regulator.

Oh, BTW, if the aeromotive FPSC is the issue here i will be calling you up for your dual 400LPH setup.
I'll put your name on one ;-)

Andy
Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
I'll put your name on one ;-)

Andy
This Pump of yours is setup to run return style...right. And retains the OEM secondary transfer module and level sender. I will have to find an OEM fuel hat as i do not have one now. Or is you dual pump assembly setup in the oem hat as is?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
This Pump of yours is setup to run return style...right. And retains the OEM secondary transfer module and level sender. I will have to find an OEM fuel hat as i do not have one now. Or is you dual pump assembly setup in the oem hat as is?
Bull,
I am running the Squash system return style in my car. Works like a charm! Andy has a machined "top" (for lack of a better term) that goes on a modified factory fuel bucket. He modifies the stock bucket to accept it and the dual pumps. It uses the factory level sender and the factory transfer module as well.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
realsquash

Yup - you can swap the bucket over yourself, all you need is a side cutters, a box cutter/exacto knife, and about 5 minutes. Or I have a bunch of cores on hand and can put it together if you don't have your original one to use.

Andy
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Yup - you can swap the bucket over yourself, all you need is a side cutters, a box cutter/exacto knife, and about 5 minutes. Or I have a bunch of cores on hand and can put it together if you don't have your original one to use.

Andy
Well, the new PCM is ordered. In the mean time SNL will check the wiring closely as well as the speed controller on the aeromotive setup. They are going to bypass the speed controller and run the pump at full speed. If the problem goes away with the PCM and codes then great it was the aeromotive speed controller causing the issue. I will call aeromotive and work with them.

If its not the issue we will plug in the new PCM, load a base tune and Pat G left me an EFI Live Auto cal with the final tune. SNL will load that into the new PCM and test drive. If no P0606 codes and the car doesn't go into reduced power mode, then problem solved! If we still get codes then what the hell to do next?

If I order the Squash setup i will need the original cores as i scrapped mine a year ago when we added the LPE dual pump kit
Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Well, the new PCM is ordered. In the mean time SNL will check the wiring closely as well as the speed controller on the aeromotive setup. They are going to bypass the speed controller and run the pump at full speed. If the problem goes away with the PCM and codes then great it was the aeromotive speed controller causing the issue. I will call aeromotive and work with them.

If its not the issue we will plug in the new PCM, load a base tune and Pat G left me an EFI Live Auto cal with the final tune. SNL will load that into the new PCM and test drive. If no P0606 codes and the car doesn't go into reduced power mode, then problem solved! If we still get codes then what the hell to do next?

If I order the Squash setup i will need the original cores as i scrapped mine a year ago when we added the LPE dual pump kit
I'm glad to see you got the stomach for it and secondly good people around you to support your project. Many shops just want a quick buck and walk away as soon as the going gets tough. Good luck and at the end, you'll appreciate your build even more.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #25
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I'm glad to see you got the stomach for it and secondly good people around you to support your project. Many shops just want a quick buck and walk away as soon as the going gets tough. Good luck and at the end, you'll appreciate your build even more.
Outstanding post Z-Rocks!!! SNL Performance has been my goto shop. They are also the Monster Clutch company. Steve the owner is a professional. Dustin, the lead tech and the Man, has done most of the work. His attention to detail is amazing. I like this shop because i am always welcome to go back and turn wrenches/get in their way.

Pat Guerra, who drove up from Houston/Victoria is my tuner. He spent 4 hrs on Thurs on the driveability tune and 9 hrs on Friday with the dyno tune and did not want to give up on the damn PCM codes P0606 on the street tune. Nor did SNL want to stop. I am the one that said "enough is enough"

I have found on more than one occasion that when confronted with a problem sometimes its better to walk away and give it a break. Pat G left me with a EFILive auto Cal with his dyno tune on it. So if swapping out a new PCM fixes the problem we can just load his tune. Now i can also data log with it and have Pat send me tunes via email.

Bottom line, if this crap was easy, every one would be driving 1000hp cars on the street. \\

SNL Performance and Pat Guerra have been fantastic!!!!! These guys will figure it out.

I am doing my part here on Camaro5.com......thanks for the help guys/gals (though i have not heard from Darth Emma for a while!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
i have a factory pump i can let u have if u need it .
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
i have a factory pump i can let u have if u need it .
Thanks Blake! You're right Pat G is the man. He could've just bolted after the dyno tune and left me with the issue. He wanted me to take the car out for my drivability tune. thats when we found the issues. He worked 4 hrs on it with me and no luck. He called everyone he knew and no luck. On my drive home he did text me that one of his buds says its most likely what the code says "PCM internal failure" I said this numerous times but they just looked at me and said Huh? Sometimes the most simplistic person in the room has the answer. Computers are finicky biotches. just replace the PCM and let see what happens.

Probably is not this simple but who knows!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #28
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Outstanding post Z-Rocks!!! SNL Performance has been my goto shop. They are also the Monster Clutch company. Steve the owner is a professional. Dustin, the lead tech and the Man, has done most of the work. His attention to detail is amazing. I like this shop because i am always welcome to go back and turn wrenches/get in their way.

Pat Guerra, who drove up from Houston/Victoria is my tuner. He spent 4 hrs on Thurs on the driveability tune and 9 hrs on Friday with the dyno tune and did not want to give up on the damn PCM codes P0606 on the street tune. Nor did SNL want to stop. I am the one that said "enough is enough"

I have found on more than one occasion that when confronted with a problem sometimes its better to walk away and give it a break. Pat G left me with a EFILive auto Cal with his dyno tune on it. So if swapping out a new PCM fixes the problem we can just load his tune. Now i can also data log with it and have Pat send me tunes via email.

Bottom line, if this crap was easy, every one would be driving 1000hp cars on the street. \\

SNL Performance and Pat Guerra have been fantastic!!!!! These guys will figure it out.

I am doing my part here on Camaro5.com......thanks for the help guys/gals (though i have not heard from Darth Emma for a while!
The shop's treatment, is the reflection who the customer is...
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote