Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
Was I out of line?

So I stop at a gas station to fill up the SS. There is a guy on the other side of the pumps. He looks over and says "don't you think it is a little irresponsible in todays economy to buy a car like that? Doesn't it get like 8 MPG?" I couldn't believe that he said that then I look over and see what he is driving......A FREAKING TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!

So I say....
First of all I have 426HP and get 24 MPG...Second...IT IS A CAMARO....And third.....This is where I let him have it........... Where do you get #$%^% off saying anything about my AMERICAN car when you are driving a %$&*&$ TOYOTA???? I think anyone that drives foreign in this state should be *^^%^ slapped and be standing in the unemployment line. It is because of idiots like you that this state is in the shape it is in. (Sorry I am in Michigan so I see the effects of the big 3 firsthand) He then tries to say the usual respone of "yea but it is built in....." I stop him again and tell him "I don't care where it is assembled the profits go overseas." He then jumps in his FOREIGN TRASH with his fartcan exhaust and leaves.

I was HOT....Was I out of line? And before anyone asks I am not an employee of the big 3 I am actualy a police officer so I have no actual ties to the big three at all. This is just the way I feel.....Am I just one of the few left that feels this way????
brooks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
MikesZ
Group Provocateur

Drives: Long Distances
Newp, I think you are in good company here. Drive what you like while you still can!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
68 Z/28
Father Time

Drives: 1967 Malibu / 2002 Caddy DTS
Send a message via Yahoo to 68 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks35 View Post
So I stop at a gas station to fill up the SS. There is a guy on the other side of the pumps. He looks over and says "don't you think it is a little irresponsible in todays economy to buy a car like that? Doesn't it get like 8 MPG?" I couldn't believe that he said that then I look over and see what he is driving......A FREAKING TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!

So I say....
First of all I have 426HP and get 24 MPG...Second...IT IS A CAMARO....And third.....This is where I let him have it........... Where do you get #$%^% off saying anything about my AMERICAN car when you are driving a %$&*&$ TOYOTA???? I think anyone that drives foreign in this state should be *^^%^ slapped and be standing in the unemployment line. It is because of idiots like you that this state is in the shape it is in. (Sorry I am in Michigan so I see the effects of the big 3 firsthand) He then tries to say the usual respone of "yea but it is built in....." I stop him again and tell him "I don't care where it is assembled the profits go overseas." He then jumps in his FOREIGN TRASH with his fartcan exhaust and leaves.

I was HOT....Was I out of line? And before anyone asks I am not an employee of the big 3 I am actualy a police officer so I have no actual ties to the big three at all. This is just the way I feel.....Am I just one of the few left that feels this way????
Might have been a bit harsh , but I am with you on the buy American for sure

68 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Rob53

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS VR Camaro convertible
Well said

You spoke your mind! Let him think next time before saying something stupid!
Rob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
AMEN BROTHER!!! Would have done the same!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Thanks for giving this jerk what he deserved,I've opened up my mouth too.. I gave it back to Honda van driver last month and have felt really good ever since!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
He was out of line. What business is it of his what you drive? #$%^ him and his Holier-than-Thou attitude.
Built 5/15
Delivered 6/19
Picked-up 6/22
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
AMEN BROTHER!!! Would have done the same!
Totally agree. You actually were helping the economy by purchasing your new Camaro.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Good job! when someone starts talking about 8mpg they betray themselves as a moron.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #10
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
You go with your bad self. You were most def NOT out of line, and I applaud you for the way you handled it. lol
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
toetter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS CGM 6M
I too am a police officer and people still continue to amaze me!! Shut up and put gas in your piece of s%$t. To me, I think he was jealous and just had to say something. Again, just my opinion!!
toetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Reminds me of an encounter this summer... Owner of MRT need to take some of his Ford vehicles to the Ford display in the MIDDLE of MUSTANG ALLEY for the Woodward Dream Cruise... some one came up with the bright idea that we should use my Camaro to shuttle the drivers back to the shop...

Well... needless to say I'm driving down Mustang Alley... lots of "your on the wrong street", etc. Get to the gate and the guy manning the gates says, "you know you have the wrong brand" I just said, "It's American" He nodded and smiled at me and said, "That's all you need to say! Go on in."
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks35 View Post

So I say....

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #14
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey, he's the one who randomly started in on you, assumed inaccuracies about your car, and was generally being an ass. While I probably wouldn't have been that harsh, he's the one in the wrong.

..and secretly wishing he drove a Camaro. Just sayin'.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote