Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I never liked the look of those Mustang 2+2s.

Just last week I passed two car carrier 18-wheelers filled with those things. Each one had a full car cover on it that said "EQUUS" in big letters. Had never seen one.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I think it is ugly as well. Don't see the 235k worth of stuff on it either. I get that its unique but that doesn't mean you can charge whatever for it.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
You guys complaining about the cost, look at the specs. It's a supercar, not a restomod Mustang.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
It looks like a Ford, powered by Chevy, from a company named after a Hyundai Luxury car.... No thanks. Would rather have 68 mustang Fastback (in green) with a modern 5.0/suspension/brakes, a 69 Camaro SS with an LS7/suspension/brakes, or a 70 Challenger with a 392 Hemi and modern suspension and brakes, and save at least 100k.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
You guys complaining about the cost, look at the specs. It's a supercar, not a restomod Mustang.
If I wanted a 1/4 million dollar supercar, I'd get an actual 1/4 million dollar supercar. Not something that looks like a modified Mustang.

If I wanted a 1/4 million dollar muscle car, I'd track down a numbers matching, one-of-a-handful cars from back in the day. Not something that looks like a modified Mustang.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #20
sizl1
Account Not Suspеndеd

Drives: ZL1
Yeah, I'm thinking the designers don't understand the target market. As beautiful as that car is, people in the market for a 1/4 million supercar want a car that says "look at me, I'm better than you", not "I'm a blue-collar redneck with cash".
Old 09-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #21
trademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
If I wanted a 1/4 million dollar supercar, I'd get an actual 1/4 million dollar supercar. Not something that looks like a modified Mustang.

If I wanted a 1/4 million dollar muscle car, I'd track down a numbers matching, one-of-a-handful cars from back in the day. Not something that looks like a modified Mustang.
This is an actual quarter-million dollar supercar. Looks are subjective; Luxury, rarity, and performance make a supercar, this car has all three. Handcrafted interior, superformed aluminum/carbon fiber body and chassis, carbon ceramic Brembos, dual-clutch manual 6-speed rear mount transaxle, active handling, magnetic selective ride control, PTM, 640hp. If it had a sleek, low exterior you would not be able to differentiate this car from the likes of other supercars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizl1 View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking the designers don't understand the target market. As beautiful as that car is, people in the market for a 1/4 million supercar want a car that says "look at me, I'm better than you", not "I'm a blue-collar redneck with cash".
People in the market for quarter-million dollar supercars have more than one.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
This is an actual quarter-million dollar supercar. Looks are subjective; Luxury, rarity, and performance make a supercar, this car has all three. Handcrafted interior, superformed aluminum/carbon fiber body and chassis, carbon ceramic Brembos, dual-clutch manual 6-speed rear mount transaxle, active handling, magnetic selective ride control, PTM, 640hp. If it had a sleek, low exterior you would not be able to differentiate this car from the likes of other supercars.

People in the market for quarter-million dollar supercars have more than one.
Simply checking the boxes off (lux, performance, rare) doesn't make something into a supercar. By that line of thinking, a tuned CTS-V would be a supercar. They are luxury cars, with a high level of performance, and there aren't a whole lot of them. Presto, you've got a supercar, right? Not quite.

A true (or real or actual or whatever descriptor you like) supercar has more than that. Some of it is brand cachet, which can only be earned over time. But beyond that, its the reaction you have to the car when you see it, feel it, and (if lucky enough) drive it. All three have to leave an impact, they have to let you know that the car is special & exotic. Mustang based bodywork will not do that, at least not in North America. And I'm not saying that just because I don't care for Mustangs. It would still hold true if somebody grafted the bodywork of a Camaro over a tube chassis & threw a GT500 engine under the hood. No matter how well it performs, no matter how soft the leather is, no matter how many wonder-gadgets there are to make the car faster. It won't be a supercar.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Equus Bass

Not sure if this has come up before, what do you guys think of this??

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/10...#slideid-93711
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #24
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Not bad.....if money wasn't an object.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319949

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #25
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Thanks for including the other thread. Can ignore my double thread.....
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #26
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Looks like something the Rockstar folks would have put together for Grand Theft Auto.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Cool La auto show reveals

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the whole La Auto show car reveals I figured I would make this thread so we can add videos and pics of cars that were revealed here or debut here.

List updated

Jag F Type Coupe http://youtu.be/dz6eqXtKw8Y

Porshe Macan http://youtu.be/BUGSjYbUO80

Subaru Wrx which IMO is a big fail http://youtu.be/c1ZQ_uH-1nc

GTR Nismo edition http://youtu.be/slCi44l6nI0

Sentra Nismo edition which I think is a direct blow to the Civic Si
http://youtu.be/YWKiHPLJ

Kia K900 interesting luxury offering from kia interior looks great imo
http://youtu.be/L43xI40atrA

2015 New mini cooper hardtop http://youtu.be/UISz7qpzXqc

Last edited by Silverlsinva; 11-22-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: new stuff
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #28
trademaster

That WRX is terrible. That Jag is on the opposite end of the spectrum. What a beauty.