Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Andy90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS convertible
Camaro HID Headlamps adjusting beam angle

Hi guys got a question as i'm a bit stuck. Ive got a 2014 Camaro with the HID headlamps, I bought it in the UK but live and keep it in Spain. Problem i have is that the headlights have been adjusted to driving in uk so have the beam slightly higher on the left which would point to the edge of the road in UK but obviously just blinds the oncoming drivers in Spain. I have been told by a mechanic that some HID lamps can be angled or switched between raised on one side or just a flat beam. Ive had no luck trying to get in contact with anyone from Chevrolet, any one here had any experience with this before? Is there a way to adjust them or do I need to buy new headlights?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've hit a wall getting information and i really don't want to be spend over a thousand euros on new units if there is a simple way to sort this.
Andy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #2
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
If you search here, there is an adjustment screw you can use an allen key with to adjust the vertical height on each side.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
Andy90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS convertible
Its not the height i need to adjust its the actual beam they put out. instead of it being a flat line its flat then goes up at an angle on the left side and then flattens out again. hard to explain but want to know if there is a way to adjust to make it flat beam.
Andy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
It can be done, but you will have to get the flap out of the light and mod that to get the thing 100% flat.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
Its not the height i need to adjust its the actual beam they put out. instead of it being a flat line its flat then goes up at an angle on the left side and then flattens out again. hard to explain but want to know if there is a way to adjust to make it flat beam.
you need a set of LHD headlights or to open the headlight and flip the cutoff shield inside the projector. Probably better to just buy the new headlights honestly.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angle, beam, england, headlights, hid