Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM   #99
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
What are the chances someone just photoshopped that gas cap in there....not too hard to do, is it?
That the way to think about Tag. Just dont believe its there and it will go away! At least thats what im going to do. Just wish it away man, just wish it away! Hey Scott trade ya the head lights for the gas cap. What cha say?
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #100
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Ever been to the Windy city? I've seen people's doors fly open on real bad wind days and hitting the curb or yellow poles. Strong winds bro.
Been to Chicago, been to lots of windy places, heck, it's just as windy here in Omaha, but again, I ask, "Are you not careful with your own doors?" Maybe it's just me (I doubt it), but when it's windy out, I don't just fling open the door, I hold onto it so it doesn't hit anything. At the pump, don't park such that your door would hit anything even if it accidently flies out of your grasp. That seems pretty simple.

I'm sorry, I go back to the covenience thing...the gas cap should be on the driver's side period. My opinion, yes, (and apparently others as well), and no, it is not a deal breaker for me, just a minor annoyance.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #101
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
This thread has gotten waaayy out of hand!

First, the gas filler cap; Is it really THAT much of an issue?! MAybe everyone would rather fill the gas tank on their Mustang, Challenger, etc.??? Personally, the gas-cap location isn't as important as that "IT'S ATTACHED TO THE NEW CAMARO!!!"
Sure, it would have been cool had it remained where it was on the Concept, but, "Life's too short" people! Where ever the cap is, be glad its on our beloved Camaro.

The headlights; If I recall correctly, I think Scott mentioned that the "production" pictures we're seeing are of a car thats only about 60% complete. WAIT for the final production model before condemning the Camaro.

My point is, BE GLAD WE WERE GIVEN BACK OUR CAMARO!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #102
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
ya that front looks nasty. Watch out Mustangs. And those yellow taillights really change the look of the rear end.

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #103
Moose

1st arrived the "new" Mustang.
2nd arrives the "new" Challenger.

Anyone else look it as "Saving the BEST for last"??!!

As for the front-end, I see "evil". It looks like a Raptor, coming in for the kill.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #104
Camo_Soldier
Future 2009 Z/28 Owner

Drives: 1993 Mustang Cobra
Once agian, the yellow turn signals are for AU cars, , big deal if the gas cap is on the passenger side, thats the way it is on my mustang, and before anyone jumps down my throat its and older fox mustang, this could be the V-8 camaro, but then agian it could not, its just cool to see that the scoop will be a working scoop and not just a filled in peice of fiberglass, besides its better to have the gas cap on the right side so you can hide the person with you, lol, even if the girl is hot or not, its a double or nothing, lmao
Camo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #105
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Sigh another post pointing out the obvious...

If all we have to argue is the positioning of the gas cap location, congrats GM you have a car that is acceptable to 90% of America.

For all that is HOLY, PEOPLE THE AMBER LIGHTS ARE FOR EXPORT PURPOSES!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #106
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post

And what about those yellow lights??!!! They just ended any chance of me owning a 5th Gen.! What is GM thinking?????

Old 02-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #107
Camo_Soldier
Future 2009 Z/28 Owner

Drives: 1993 Mustang Cobra
Quote:

If all we have to argue is the positioning of the gas cap location, congrats GM you have a car that is acceptable to 90% of America.

For all that is HOLY, POEPLE THE AMBER LIGHTS ARE FOR EXPORT PURPOSES!
thank you so much at least there is someone not crying and moaping, and reads what has been posted. id love for GM to make Holdens Morpheous Metallic a color option since they have been doing some crazy colors lately
Camo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #108
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
First, Dragoneye must have himself locked in a padded room to keep from posting re: headlights...

Second, I will hold out hope that a SS or Z28 version may still have the concept gas cap as an option. :fingerscrossed:

Third, the car still looks great in spite of the camo, blur, angle, paint, light, and whatever else might be wrong with the image. So, until I see it in person I will keep a positive outlook and continue hold a big to GM... for now.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #109
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

I figure I'd quote you too just so everyone can see it one more time....the lights won't stay.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #110
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
First, Dragoneye must have himself locked in a padded room to keep from posting re: headlights...
Yup. You got it!

Aaaaanyways. It's all good. Just have to wait a few more months until the final car is shown....THEN 'some people' can all revel in their wrongness.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:08 PM   #111
TriPower

Drives: C6 / Hemi Ram
Well, I guess I'm the only one, but I'm glad that the gas filler cap is on the side of the car. Here in NJ, it is ILLEGAL to pump your own gas, so you get a $5 per hour guys that barely speaks english pumping it for you. Can you imagine what a top filler would look like after a few years of that abuse? Thankfully, GM is building a car that works for the whole country, not just "self service" states. I have owned a few Corvettes with top fillers, and they were a complete nightmare around here.
TriPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #112
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
I think the passanger side fuel door just makes more sense....

so you can walk around your car and be remembered that you are driving the meanest Camaro to hit the streets

that and the door hitting the pillars....i cant remember how many times i've seen people at the gas station hitting their doors on them.

/sigh
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote