Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Freedom07

Drives: Lifted 98 GMC K1500
Good News Boys and Girls

Hello All

I have only posted a few times before but think this is a big one and I had to let everyone know. I went to the Chevrolet dealership here in North Carolina and I talked to the GM there. He told me tonight that his dealership here in Goldsboro, North Carolina will recieve the first shipment of new Camaro's at the end of OCTOBER 2007!!!!!!!! He said there will be a shipment of 10 2008 Camaro's delivered.

Freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
You may want to put this on......

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
You may want to put this on......

We all might need one for this thread...
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #4
Freedom07

?????????????????

because this is hot new or do you mean something else??
Old 01-29-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom07 View Post
?????????????????

It means you’re about to be in the hot seat. Or in forum talk, you're about to be flamed…

Flaming is the act of sending or posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting, usually in the social context of a discussion board on the Internet. Such messages are called flames, and are sometimes posted in response to flamebait. Flaming is said by some to be one of a class of economic problems known as The Tragedy of the Commons, when a group holds a resource (in this case, communal attention), but each of the individual members has an incentive to overuse it. Flamers usually call their flames justified attacks.

Although the trading of insults is as old as human speech, flaming on the Internet, like many other online 'actions,' started in the Usenet hierarchies (although it was known to occur in the WWIVnet and FidoNet computer networks as well). A flame may have elements of a normal message, but is distinguished by its intent. A flame is typically not intended to be constructive, to further clarify a discussion, or to persuade other people. The motive for flaming is often not dialectic, but rather social or psychological. Sometimes, flamers are attempting to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority. Other times, the flamer is simply a closed-minded or biased individual whose conviction that theirs is the only valid opinion leads them to personally attack any "dissenters." Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls. Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject. Finally, some consider flaming to be a great way to let off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased.

Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame -- it may be hostile, for example -- but it is not a flame if it is seriously intended to advance the discussion.

The word flaming is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.

It is noted that Internet users are more likely to flame online than insult others in the real world, as the latter can lead to embarrassment and physical altercations, which online "anonymity" can avoid. However, others urge against flaming, citing that people on the other side "have feelings too."

Last edited by KILLER74Z28; 01-29-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
It means you’re about to be in the hot seat. Or in forum talk, your about to be flamed…

Flaming is the act of sending or posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting, usually in the social context of a discussion board on the Internet. Such messages are called flames, and are sometimes posted in response to flamebait. Flaming is said by some to be one of a class of economic problems known as The Tragedy of the Commons, when a group holds a resource (in this case, communal attention), but each of the individual members has an incentive to overuse it. Flamers usually call their flames justified attacks.

Although the trading of insults is as old as human speech, flaming on the Internet, like many other online 'actions,' started in the Usenet hierarchies (although it was known to occur in the WWIVnet and FidoNet computer networks as well). A flame may have elements of a normal message, but is distinguished by its intent. A flame is typically not intended to be constructive, to further clarify a discussion, or to persuade other people. The motive for flaming is often not dialectic, but rather social or psychological. Sometimes, flamers are attempting to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority. Other times, the flamer is simply a closed-minded or biased individual whose conviction that theirs is the only valid opinion leads them to personally attack any "dissenters." Occasionally, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they are trolls. Most often however, flames are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject. Finally, some consider flaming to be a great way to let off steam, though the receiving party may be less than pleased.

Similarly, a normal, non-flame message may have elements of a flame -- it may be hostile, for example -- but it is not a flame if it is seriously intended to advance the discussion.

The word flaming is also sometimes used for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.

It is noted that Internet users are more likely to flame online than insult others in the real world, as the latter can lead to embarrassment and physical altercations, which online "anonymity" can avoid. However, others urge against flaming, citing that people on the other side "have feelings too."

Lol.... very thorough.... and creative. Did you seriously just come up with that? If so, props to you!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:26 PM   #7
Freedom07

Ok So why in the world would I need to defend myself or would I be insulted for posting what I found out tonight. I am only passing on information that I know...???????
Old 01-29-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Casull

Quote:
?????????????????

I will take Killer's statement one step further and explain why you are about to get flamed. If you have spent any amount of time on this, or other, 5th gen forums you would have noticed very quickly that the general consensus is that information from dealers (even the GM) is often times nothing more than hot air. It is widely accepted on this forum (and many others) that any information from dealers should be taken with a great grain of salt and that 95% of the time it is complete BS.

You have to realize that there are individuals that spend time on these forums that actually have direct knowledge and information on the Camaro project that very very few other people are privy to, and they have stated countless times that any rumors about the Camaro being available earlier than late 08 are simply not true.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Ok So why in the world would I need to defend myself or would I be insulted for posting what I found out tonight. I am only passing on information that I know...???????
It’s your information and where you obtained it. Many pessimist believe the Camaro is not going to be released this year and are sticking to the late 08 early 09 release date. I on the other hand am optimistic and don’t rule out anything until hard facts prove otherwise…

Definition of flamed found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 PM   #10
Freedom07

ok thanks for the info....I wasnt trying to start anything or mislead anyone....I was excited about what I heard and wanted to share it. if it is true then I am very happy if not then well. I will have to wait for my new baby like everyone else.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #11
Casull

Quote:
ok thanks for the info....I wasnt trying to start anything or mislead anyone....I was excited about what I heard and wanted to share it. if it is true then I am very happy if not then well. I will have to wait for my new baby like everyone else.
No one is accusing you of trying to start anything.... it is actually the other way around. When people post information like yours, you will often see a barage of insulting posts becasue of it. You are certainly not the first person to come on here and post information like this, and you will quickly see that some people discount it immediately and others take it as a sign of hope. Like you said, it is all a giant waiting game. However, we will all know a lot more in a short period of time as this year passes.

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing your information regardless of whether it turns out to be bona-fide or not.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #12
Freedom07

thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #13
Casull

I think this and the "Would you buy a Camaro if it were made in Australia" thread go hand in hand. When discussing whether or not the Camaro will be available before the officially announced 2009 model year, you have to also take into consideration the logistics of producing such a thing. I wouldn't say I am an optimist and believe it will be out early, but there have been a many of slipped statements and articles leading one to believe it will be released much earlier than anticipated.

However, I am a realist (not a pessimist), and understand that in order for this thing to come out within a year-year and a half there would already haveto be contracts drawn up for suppliers to begin building the parts and a factory somewhere in the world would have to be going through some serious changes right about now. The factis that nothing has been leaked or confirmed yet by any factory worker or supplier.

In fact there are a couple of guys over at cz28.com that work at the Oshawa plant that have come out and explained the schedule that they are following to finalize their current production and get the factory re-tooled for the camaro, and it follows a timeline that clearly demonstrates that the Camaro will not begin production until late 08.

Just my 2 cents to clear things up and possibly spur a debate that has been going on since August 06.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
There will be NO flaming here. Similar threads have appeared in the past and turned "ugly". I don't want to see that happen again.

As for Freedom07's initial comment, time will tell.

So lets keep this thread and this site respectful.

Thanks everyone
Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote