Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #15
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
And better than the round tip inside it. I agree. Great idea! That's not my field of extpertise so hopefully the performance shop I have my stuff installed at can do that. Seems like the sheet metal would just have to open up as wide as the squares, but not touch them. I figure I'll then be cleaning the pollution off those silver squares more often and I have had thoughts of carbon monoxide floating upwards while idling at red lights. I think I analyze just a little bit too much.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #16
CyberDude

Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
Anyone know the diameter of the stock round exhaust tips on the SS? GMPP performance exhaust round tips are 4.5". I like to find out if they’re the same size as the stock tips.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #17
2L8IWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
Anyone know the diameter of the stock round exhaust tips on the SS? GMPP performance exhaust round tips are 4.5". I like to find out if they’re the same size as the stock tips.

3.75 on the factory exhaust tip!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 PM   #18
CyberDude

Drives: 2015 Lexus NX 200t F Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
3.75 on the factory exhaust tip!
Thanks!

Now I just have to wait until someone installs them and creates a video so they can be seen and heard. Hope they sound and look good on the Camaro. I would like to buy the GMPP Air Box, Shorty headers and exhaust so I don't have any warranty problems down the road.
CyberDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #19
2L8IWON

Not a bad idea. You just pay a little more. The GMPP looks very much like the Borla to me, but of course, that's just plain opinion. The service departments can try to argue, but usually anything from the headers on (after the engine) can't be contributed to engine components. That's just been my experience. That's why I may opt for the GM air box as I did on my Suburban because of it being a contributer to the engine is an important part when it comes to warranty and you can't fool them by putting your stock air box back on before having it towed in. I wouldn't be too worried about adding "long tube" headers, x-pipe, and any kind of mufflers. It's all piping after the engine. Of course they won't warranty those parts, but those parts won't break your engine!

Back to the exhaust tips....
I would like to find out what the biggest size tip we can get to go with the GFX! Would be nice to get one big enough to not be seen through the rectangle so when looking in, you are really looking into the exhaust. On the other hand, I don't want any plastic melting. :-(