Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #11621
cntryman77

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
I plan to go to ledges once or twice this year as well. Maybe we can get a small group and make a day of it!
I probably won't run, I just like to watch...LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #11622
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
let me know if you come down to the ledges...it's about 15-20 minutes from me...in fact I drove by there Friday on the way to my girlfriend's
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomster View Post
I plan to go to ledges once or twice this year as well. Maybe we can get a small group and make a day of it!
I am trying to get on board to do it "B" on May 10th. Just tough to schedule that far in advance for me.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #11623
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Well, I bought a navigation system to go with my camaro.

It came with a spare body, engine, and transmission.

Picture uploaded to imageshack with the One4um.com application - All your forum's content merged into one4um

For those who knew I was test driving 5th gen camaros again, it looks like I'll be stuck with the vette and 2nd gen for now. maybe in a few months when I'm back in the market again?

Seriously I don't know how I've ended up on the dark side. Someone needs to come pull me back to sanity.
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #11624
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Big day... they started the car today for the first time since the engine rebuild. It fired up first try. I'm going over to IPS in the morning to have a listen. Tuning will be late Thursday. I hope I can get some video of it on they dyno.

Got an alignment today.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #11625
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Big day... they started the car today for the first time since the engine rebuild. It fired up first try. I'm going over to IPS in the morning to have a listen. Tuning will be late Thursday. I hope I can get some video of it on they dyno.

Got an alignment today.

It must suck to see this and not be able to enjoy driving it.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #11626
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
My God Emma..
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #11627
Arachnyd
Master of all trades

Drives: 2many2count
Quote:

Got an alignment today.

For 3 years I've seen this thing grow, but it always seems to be in the shop. Be sure to let me know next time it will be somewhere I can see it in person!
2010 Camaro SS modified extensively. I stretched the body to make it a 4 door, but I swapped in the 3.6L DI V6 for fuel economy. Then I picked up a corvette body around the V8. I also swapped the body for a C2 Z28. (In short I traded it for three cars, a Corvette Z06r, a C2 Camaro Z28, and a Cadillac CTS Summer Performance package 3.6L DI with Aisin 6spd.)
Arachnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #11628
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
it went from a car to artwork, very gorgeous. I have been watching your thread Emma, looks great, your guys have put a lot of heart and soul into that ride.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #11629
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
It must suck to see this and not be able to enjoy driving it.

Oh, I will enjoy driving it. Good things come to those who wait.

It might be in the shop a lot, but I learn a ton about cars and how they go together while it's there. I've learned a few trade secrets too... I don't think of shop time as a negative. I think of it as part of the whole experience. That's where the guys are who really know what they are doing and they teach me a lot.

That said, I am pretty excited to get it out of the shop and drive it! It will be off to some local tracks in the next few weeks for some test and tune. We're planning to race it for real the first time in Atlanta in late May.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #11630
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

It might be in the shop a lot, but I learn a ton about cars and how they go together while it's there. I've learned a few trade secrets too... I don't think of shop time as a negative. I think of it as part of the whole experience. That's where the guys are who really know what they are doing and they teach me a lot.

That said, I am pretty excited to get it out of the shop and drive it! It will be off to some local tracks in the next few weeks for some test and tune. We're planning to race it for real the first time in Atlanta in late May.
I may be racing mine in Hot-lanta at the end of may. I just sank a small fortune into my yard and house and haven't ordered my wheels or axles. I get a sick feeling in my stomace whenever I take money out of my savings. Even if I don't race, I will more than likely be there.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #11631
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I may be racing mine in Hot-lanta at the end of may. I just sank a small fortune into my yard and house and haven't ordered my wheels or axles. I get a sick feeling in my stomace whenever I take money out of my savings. Even if I don't race, I will more than likely be there.
which axles did you go with?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #11632
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
which axles did you go with?
G-Force is better then DSS. IMO, but you could ask Bruce and Eric and I bet they say G-Force also.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #11633
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Quote:

I guess you can drive it. Just can't race it. I forgot. I'd hate to see the price tag on this. I bet it's a small fortune. I'm sure I could buy a couple rental properties with it. haha
Old 03-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #11634
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
G-Force is better then DSS. IMO, but you could ask Bruce and Eric and I bet they say G-Force also.
I have heard nothing but good good things about the G-Force.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?