Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
First Time Camaro Owner, From Qc, Canada

Hello, delayed intro here, I finally found the time to post up.

Bought one of the last remaining in the region, black on black, 1LE with 2SS package a few weeks ago. I'm very excited about this purchase, no regrets at all, it has exceeded my expectations!

Actually, this is the first time I bought an American car(if I don't count my wife's car), after 2 decades of European machinery. I felt that they finally "got it right" and went ahead and took the plunge with the Camaro 1LE.

Well, the ol' saying, pics or it didn't happen applies here, so here are a couple.

Two of the pics below were Sledge being prepared for the paint protection film installation. I decided to try this stuff out called Protex. They say it's better than the 3M product. Less orange peel, more shine, doesn't yellow over time, and easier to wash off dead insects if caked on from the heat of the sun. The less orange peel alone sold me on the Protex, mind you, it's a bit more expensive than the 3M film. This stuff also supposedly "self heals" from scratches when it sits in the sun .

Last edited by Camaro Dude; 05-18-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Welcome to C5
Old 07-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Love the car, congrats and welcome to C5

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Very nice, welcome to Camaro5
Old 07-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Looks good.
Brandywine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Sweet ride! Congrats and...

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome to Camaro5

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Hi there. Were exactly are you living in the Province....We have a good bunch of owners in the Montréal (20 or so) area with regular meets in Laval or South Shore on friday nigths. This gang is know as the BBOMG (check Facebook) and we have a big annual meet from the 15 to 19 of next coming in august in Detroit (Woodward Dream Cruise) ( check You Tube for videos, biggest car show in the world....). I could arrange you a good hotel deal since my girlfriend decided not to come)....

Just answer or send me a PM for more détails. If you want to know more, do a search using the key word LAVAL and look for friday nites meet and greets.....our gang is fully bilangual also....

By the way, great looking car, that would be my firts 1LE live if ever we meet.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #10
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Hello, delayed intro here, I finally found the time to post up.

Bought one of the last remaining in the region, black on black, 1LE with 2SS package a few weeks ago. I'm very excited about this purchase, no regrets at all, it has exceeded my expectations!

Actually, this is the first time I bought an American car(if I don't count my wife's car), after 2 decades of European machinery. I felt that they finally "got it right" and went ahead and took the plunge with the Camaro 1LE.

Well, the ol' saying, pics or it didn't happen applies here, so here are a couple.

Two of the pics below were Sledge being prepared for the paint protection film installation. I decided to try this stuff out called Protex. They say it's better than the 3M product. Less orange peel, more shine, doesn't yellow over time, and easier to wash off dead insects if caked on from the heat of the sun. The less orange peel alone sold me on the Protex, mind you, it's a bit more expensive than the 3M film. This stuff also supposedly "self heals" from scratches when it sits in the sun .
Camaro Dude,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your 2013 Camaro SS/1LE! It looks fantastic ! How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Camaro Dude

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I look forward to learning more about this car from you guys, and sharing as well whatever it is I pick up over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
Hi there. Were exactly are you living in the Province....We have a good bunch of owners in the Montréal (20 or so) area with regular meets in Laval or South Shore on friday nigths. This gang is know as the BBOMG (check Facebook) and we have a big annual meet from the 15 to 19 of next coming in august in Detroit (Woodward Dream Cruise) ( check You Tube for videos, biggest car show in the world....). I could arrange you a good hotel deal since my girlfriend decided not to come)....

Just answer or send me a PM for more détails. If you want to know more, do a search using the key word LAVAL and look for friday nites meet and greets.....our gang is fully bilangual also....

By the way, great looking car, that would be my firts 1LE live if ever we meet.
I live in Laval!!!

I'll do my best to bring Sledge at the meet this Friday .

I'm still breaking the engine in, still at 500km on the odometer, so a long highway cruise with steady speeds to Detroit is still out of the question, as I'm a believer in the drive moderately with WOT, but keeping it under 4500 RPM for the first 800km, and then build it to 5500- to redline(but no rev limiter jumping) at WOT for the next 800km...
Old 07-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Camaro Dude,

Welcome to Camaro5 and congratulations on your 2013 Camaro SS/1LE! It looks fantastic ! How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm enjoying it a lot!
One of my favourite car purchases of all time.

Love everything about it, except for one thing, and I mean one thing only, and that would be the Boston Acoustics 9 speaker system. It sounds flatter and more sterile then I would have liked. I'm actually quite surprised to be honest. Hopefully, when I get around to installing the sub that I had in my previous car, it will spice it up a bit, but my instinct tells me that it will probably not be enough. Thinking more powerful amp here might be the ticket.

I'll search and read if you guys experienced the same observations as me, and what your solution was.

Not a priority though, thankfully, the soundtrack from the car itself overshadows any shortcomings from the 9 speaker system.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome! Very nice 1LE you got there.