Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
amyroxs

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to amyroxs
Odometer sticking due to heat?

Hey guys!

I am not sure if anyone has had this issue so here it goes...
I have a 2010 Camaro V6 with exactly 32,746 miles. I noticed when it gets really hot outside my speedometer on the left side sticks and will not fully register. It looks like it's trying and will make a little clicking noise. Sometimes while driving it will "un-stick" and catch up. For the past few days it has not done this and I am concerned. I want to take it in but im curious if this issue would be considered under warranty. I included a link of a video to show exactly what happens. Any ideas / suggestions would be helpful!

http://vid22.photobucket.com/albums/...psb4d61335.mp4
Vin:#9101585

Last edited by amyroxs; 09-11-2014 at 10:18 PM.
amyroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Needle may be warped.When I installed overlays on my tach and speedo I noticed the needle would hang sometimes.I pulled it apart and just lifted the needle up a little problem solved.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #3
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
FYI, that's your speedometer, not your odometer. Had me confused, since the odometers on our cars are digital and can't "stick" or "click."

As to warranty, you're under the mileage but likely over the three years, depending on when the car was first registered. A dealer still might fix this under warranty as a good will measure, but it depends on the dealer.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #4
amyroxs

Thanks for the advice and sorry for the confusion lol I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
FYI, that's your speedometer, not your odometer. Had me confused, since the odometers on our cars are digital and can't "stick" or "click."

As to warranty, you're under the mileage but likely over the three years, depending on when the car was first registered. A dealer still might fix this under warranty as a good will measure, but it depends on the dealer.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
amyroxs

LOL well with my lack of experience of pulling things apart on my car, I might do so damage. I have to take it to the dealership to get the recall part for my car taken care of, hope they can work with me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Needle may be warped.When I installed overlays on my tach and speedo I noticed the needle would hang sometimes.I pulled it apart and just lifted the needle up a little problem solved.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #6
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Doubtful it will be covered under warranty. If you're not confident in fixing it yourself then you don't have much choice but to have them work on it. I'm not sure if the speedo alone is serviceable so they may try and sell you a whole new cluster.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
amyroxs

If I knew more about the dismantle of the cluster, trust me I would do it on my own. However, I will take it to a local dealership and see what they can do. It's not that I don't want to get it fixed, I am just not looking to pay an obscene amount of money for something that should not be doing what it is doing at 33,000 miles. I can understand if I had a higher mileage car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructo09 View Post
Doubtful it will be covered under warranty. If you're not confident in fixing it yourself then you don't have much choice but to have them work on it. I'm not sure if the speedo alone is serviceable so they may try and sell you a whole new cluster.