Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Congrats and welcome. Personally...2SS RS is a must, but that's just me. I loaded mine up with every available option including sunroof, Racarro, NPP, Nav, etc.

I have made more mods than I can count...but all small and subtle. Have a few more planned. The car won 1st place at Camaro Superfest in Mod division and judge said because nothing was over the top. Just all small and subtle.

PM me and I will give you list of what I have done so far. Protecting you paint should be your first priority. Rockers, stone gaurds all around, and Xpel paint protection should be at the top of your list. Of not, after those first 3 stone chips in the gills area...you will be PISSED! I have 2 nicks in my Xpel vinyl in the gils area! Nicks that would have been paint chips! Protecting that area was the best thing I have done yet!
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Kendall421

That was not the latest pic! Here it is with the 376CID hood emblems
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
1st step. Rock guards. You will regret not doing it.
x100000000 save your paint today!
THE TIRES ARE REALLY STICKY AND WILL THROW EVERY ROCK ON YOUR PAINT
I'll add a catch can to this list

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.

Last edited by WHAMMO; 08-17-2014 at 11:27 PM.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #18
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
IF you live in a state that requires a front plate, I would give JacFab a call for their front license plate bracket.

Also, switch to racing brake fluid before track use.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Thanks for the information and warm welcomes all around everyone! Do they do the xpel paint protection at the dealer when you pick the car up? How much of an additional charge is that roughly?

Kendall: Yours was the 1LE I mentioned in my initial post with the rad looking Red Rock with side guards. Do those attach over the existing rockers, or do they replace them? Being that I'm getting the new Blue Velvet, I'm a little concerned I may not be able to get right away if part of them has to be painted to match..

If I am going with the side skirts, that means I have to get certain mud guards to go with it, correct? I could use a little help with part numbers and information around installing them if they use existing bolt holes or require drilling, as I'm not sure I want to drill anything on this new ride.

Everyone: I found the Gen 5 DIY site and am going to get my gauge cluster and skip shift eliminator through them I think. Now, about ordering that sensor for the hill start disable, where should I get that from to make sure I get the correct one? I'll want that trash disabled post haste when I get the car. I absolutely can't stand it.

Catch can is a must? Okay, can I get those from Gen 5 DIY as well, or do I need to look elsewhere?

Tara: A sister as well? Awesome, your 1LE looks awesome, and it sounds like you were one of the early adopters, so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I need to request help again. I'll definitely post pictures when it arrives, I know a lot of people are waiting to see how this new blue looks on Camaro, myself included. I just took a chance and ordered it in that color so we could all see it sooner if other pics don't crop up in the meantime.

Also, I found the link to check the code, my order has been picked up and is in the queue now. The waiting is like waiting for Christmas as a kid. I can't wait.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #20
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
The ZL1 stone guards are the way to go ,more money but worth it .
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #21
Kendall421

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
Thanks for the information and warm welcomes all around everyone! Do they do the xpel paint protection at the dealer when you pick the car up? How much of an additional charge is that roughly?

Kendall: Yours was the 1LE I mentioned in my initial post with the rad looking Red Rock with side guards. Do those attach over the existing rockers, or do they replace them? Being that I'm getting the new Blue Velvet, I'm a little concerned I may not be able to get right away if part of them has to be painted to match..

If I am going with the side skirts, that means I have to get certain mud guards to go with it, correct? I could use a little help with part numbers and information around installing them if they use existing bolt holes or require drilling, as I'm not sure I want to drill anything on this new ride.

Everyone: I found the Gen 5 DIY site and am going to get my gauge cluster and skip shift eliminator through them I think. Now, about ordering that sensor for the hill start disable, where should I get that from to make sure I get the correct one? I'll want that trash disabled post haste when I get the car. I absolutely can't stand it.

Catch can is a must? Okay, can I get those from Gen 5 DIY as well, or do I need to look elsewhere?

Tara: A sister as well? Awesome, your 1LE looks awesome, and it sounds like you were one of the early adopters, so I'll definitely keep that in mind when I need to request help again. I'll definitely post pictures when it arrives, I know a lot of people are waiting to see how this new blue looks on Camaro, myself included. I just took a chance and ordered it in that color so we could all see it sooner if other pics don't crop up in the meantime.

Also, I found the link to check the code, my order has been picked up and is in the queue now. The waiting is like waiting for Christmas as a kid. I can't wait.
Sorry it took me so long to reply! Been crazy busy. The rockers replace what is on the car. You will want the tops painted or they will be all black. You will have to see if they have that new color. Either Gary's customs or RPI or Rodgers Chevy are good sources. I got mine from Gary so I could get the graphics on them. With any of the mods I have done, there has been NO drilling required. I have the GM ZL1 stone gaurds behind front and rear tires...I like the look the best and they bolt on using existing fasteners. I have air deflectors in front of front tires like ZL1...eBay for $20. Uses existing bolt holes!

Skip shift elim is a must. Hill assist module...it does not really bother me, so not wasting money bypassing it. Rarely kicks in if you know how to start on a hill.

Oil catch can...not necessary per se', but I have one anyway. CAI w scoop and washer tank replacement is a must! Black Gorilla locking lugs are a must in my opinion. I have the 3D fading gils and love them. Replaced Camaro emblems on side with 1LE. I have Xpel on all front facing surfaces including Gils area..do that ASAP! Otherwise you WILL have speckled gils...promise you that!

Any other questions, PM me here...I will be more likely to see it.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #22
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Do the skip shift and hill assist last. Paint protection first. Skip shift rarely comes on for me. I can recall maybe 3 times and as far as hill assist one click up on the parking brake takes care of that for the time being.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
umiami2312

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE Blue Ray Metallic
Depends on your warranty feelings....
Non Voiding stuff
-Pull the F8 fuse to open up the flaps on your NPP (sounds like it should all the time and totally reversible/free)
-Catch can (must)
-Ported throttle body (drivability and throttle response)
-CAI (sound, HP gain)
-Start saving for tires because you're gonna go through them in 10k-15k miles

Now for the fun stuff
-LT headers (sound, sound, sound and HP gain)
-Tune (get the most out of what you already bought and keep your engine safe)
-Cam upgrade (sound, sound, sound, and HP gain)
-CTS-V Brake upgrade (for track days I feel more confident with the larger brakes on front)
umiami2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #24
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Welcome
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #25
shaggy2002

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
Just put on a Cai with apex scoop and water bottle relocation kit and all i could say was wow when the rear end totally went out from under me when i let her rip! Totally happy with the purchase.
shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #26
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Thank you everyone for the information and advice. I have gathered a bunch of great information so far from what you've shared. I have the hill start assist disabling sensor now ready to go. Found it at Rock Auto for under $70, they still had two left in stock when I ordered mine, so if anyone else needs a good price on one, you might check them out.

I have a couple of new questions, as I thought of something else I really want to add to my 1LE when I get it. I've seen these vinyl kits that black out the flat sections in front of the headlights, which is reminiscent of the 3rd and 4th gens with the recessed headlights and had those same spots matte black. I found a set for a good price, but the picture looks like a 2014 1LS front end.

My question regarding getting those is will they line up and fit the SS facia on the 1LE? I know there are differences between the V6 and V8 refresh Camaros in the shapes of the facias, but are the flat spots in front of the headlights the same size? Will those vinyl kits work with any model, or is there an SS specific vinyl kit I need to look at?

Also, rear end vinyl there are two styles, one that blacks out the whole tail light area, and one that just covers the space between the tail lights on the trunk lid. On the 2010-13 models, that area was recessed a bit, but on the 2014-15 models it isn't. Will that vinyl fit there still and create the simple black bar look, and is there a specific one for the 14-15 rear end? Thanks to anyone who knows about this, as I haven't been able to locate definitive answers with Google search.

I'd also still like feedback on Body Color Grille for 2014-15 models. It is the same style or similar to the one found on the Z28, correct? I was thinking maybe one in Silver Ice Metallic might be a good contrast and look good on the blue car, any thoughts on this?

Thanks again everyone.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #27
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Some ideas for you:

CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #28
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
You can always "practice first" by using plasti dip to matt black the areas you just mentioned, unless you want to play with Photoshop instead.

It's very easy to remove plasti dip . I'd try that first to visualize, then take pics, post, and we will tell you if it or .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote