Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #1
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
How much stall LSA A6 Circle D TC

Well fellas I just completed LSA/ BTR stg 2 blower cam, 1 7/8” headers, e85 install and some other fun upgrades. As of now I have a basic hptuners tune from my tuner. From 0-20 mph it feels a bit sluggish…so my main question is how much stall?

Do you guys think it’s because of the basic tune on it or could it be the stock T.C. holding my car back some? I know my tuner did take in consideration my gear ratio and wheel/tire size for the speedometer etc.

Am I jumping the gun to early thinking about a Circle D stall T.C? Should I just wait to see the drivability once my dyno tune is completed on June 13th? Or would it be wise for me to purchase a stall converter now and get it installed if possible so my tuner can dial it in once?

3200-3600 seems to be the go to range for stall. Would it be the same for a ls3 with Lsa blower? Circle D suggested this but didn’t mention stall:

Option#1 Pro Series 258mm billet triple disc converters with mechanical diode upgrade for that combination. Cost on this model is $1,679.00.

Option#2 Stock style spring instead of the diode at a reduced cost of $1,379.00. The mechanical diode is a stronger option than the stock style sprag, but generally the sprag will hold up to around 1,000 FWHP without much issue.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:42 PM   #2
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
I’m still on the stock stall, no sluggish feeling on mine. If you have the funds to do a converter just do it before the tune, So you don’t have to tune it twice. If not just live with the stock converter.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 05:58 PM   #3
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
If your not locking up at WOT which I didn't myself you don't need a triple disc. IMO that cam is begging for a stall. Go 3600 and no less.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 07:32 PM   #4
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
I’m still on the stock stall, no sluggish feeling on mine. If you have the funds to do a converter just do it before the tune, So you don’t have to tune it twice. If not just live with the stock converter.
A ZL1 buddy of mine suggested something on these lines to just wait till I get the dyno tune done 1st. Overall after that everything should get worked out on that dyno tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 View Post
If your not locking up at WOT which I didn't myself you don't need a triple disc. IMO that cam is begging for a stall. Go 3600 and no less.
I appreciate your suggestion so as of now I’ll have it done after tune for financial reasons. When I come back to it, not only will it be a new TC but some suspension mods to go with it. I for sure could use some bmr parts on this build.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote