Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Great post Blueclyde!
x Eleventybillion
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Better you car is held for a QC check then be released and then be the cause of a QC hold. Everyone here knows I'm a Boss fan and owner and I was one of the first to get my car. It had some assembly line issues which were felt with. Cars built after mine all went through a QC hold and better inspection and probably some manufacturing process changes. It's all good. Adopt early and at some level you will uncover a minor issue. Or be patient and order a Q4 or year 2 car. Me? I'd rather drive than wait.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
BlueClyde - what a GREAT post! Well thought out and hopefully people will have a better understanding.

Happy Dan / GoldenBear /FenderAddict - thank you for your insights - -
Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #18
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Simply my opinion, but part of the problem is that for every answer you give there are 100 more questions and it goes on forever and if you happen to misstate something, it is quoted millions of times on the internet. So, you tend to say as little as you can while still trying to let people know some of the story. You can't just be transparent because people won't let you.

This should be "Post of the Year" --

I've lived with this for more than a decade......to the point where I find myself saying: "Scott - WHY are you doing this to yourself?????" I'll log on at midnight - and get so worked up because someone's misquoted me - or I've answered the person's question and they still aren't happy because I can't give them the answer they want......

.....and then I say to myself "...think back, Scott --remember when I was a young man?? -- I wanted to know everything I could possibly know about the auto industry - esp. GM cars and trucks...."

And THAT'S why I continue to do this - even against my Doctor's wishes.

......little did I ever imagine that I'd have the jobs I've had.

........and so I continue to try and answer questions to the best of my ability while keeping proprietary information 'confidential.'

There's a certain sense of 'torture' to oneself at times - and it DOES take its toll on a person.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
John@AutoAgenda

Drives: 2004 GTO
I can't wait for these cars to start arriving and seeing what people and tuners are able to do with them. I do know if I was on the list for one that I would be going crazy until the car arrived and was actually in my possession. Patience is truly a virtue especially when there is really not anything you can do to make it go faster and feel sorry for those not patient enough to wait because they will be missing out of an amazing car and something worth a lot of money in the future.
John@AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Blueclyde........ Nicely written.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #21
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Patience is the virtue of life......My SS went to QC and I for one am glad...my car was flawless when it arrived...I have had a total of ONE issue ( A-pillar Clips) since I had mine.......

Those whom have ordered will be getting the baddest ride around.....as I was once told some of the best times about something coming is the journey to get there....

OP a great post.......

As was with the launch of the 5th gen.......all the anxiety, worries etc...will be replaced with Ultra-Grin when you drive it off the lot.........I have no doubt.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #22
rickadu

Drives: '03RamDiesel '06TBlazerSS, ZL1 #772
QC is all we need to know. Ship when 100% ready. Blueclyde
ZL1 Victory Red - MN6-RSK-B92-CF5 #772
rickadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #23
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Great post Andy !
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
The blatant impatience and vocal outcry over QC is embarassing. Justice would be served if The Camaro Diety delayed delivery to those obnoxious flagrant complainers with a ZL1 on order by making them last.